Hi I tried that...still getting the blank screen...Thanks for trying
    Work great here.
    loreburne likes this.
    01-26-15 05:44 PM
    2.1% of the battery with only an 8mb download? That's pretty intense battery drain

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 08:43 PM
    So you believe that the battery drops 2% after each 8 MB download? Let's do the math: if an app uses 2% of resources, the battery would be empty after 50 downloads? No, that's not the way it's calculated.

If you constantly download apps for the lifetime of the battery, the total consumption of the app was 2%.
    01-27-15 01:26 AM
    This app is uses Google Play services and can be patched with Gmaps Patcher.

Here the patched version:
    BT WiFi patched

Requires patched Google Play services:
    Google Play Services 6.6.03-patched
    Is this the version of Google Play Services you are now recommending? I noticed it is not on any of your landing pages yet.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    01-27-15 09:19 AM
    Is this the version of Google Play Services you are now recommending? I noticed it is not on any of your landing pages yet.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    It's a new version that I've patched just a few days ago. May work better with newer apps. Will update the main pages with this version.
    MobileMadness002 and conite like this.
    01-27-15 09:47 AM
    I have tried each of your version. v3 now I believe. let me try again, maybe I ballsed something up.
    01-27-15 10:40 AM
    V5 is the latest.
    01-27-15 10:45 AM
    Cobalt, maybe you can give me a hand here. I'm a truck driver and don't have access to a pc. Love my passport but the apps that would really help me out won't work on it. Usually they start but then flash a message saying I need google services. I've researched a bit into it and looked into your threads but like I said, no pc. Is there a way you could patch the apps yourself and give me the download link to them? Would really help me out. The only 2 I'd like to try are Sygic truck gps and truckerpath. Both of which need the google services to use.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 06:46 AM
    The only issue I've had with Cobalt's GP is that the first time I download any app, it will download - pull up the BB install window, and crash. I then have to download it again, and it works.

I have looked for the APK's in 'Device/Downloads' and I can find nothing. I still haven't located where GP is downloading the APKs to.

Otherwise, it works fine.
    01-28-15 06:54 AM
    The only issue I've had with Cobalt's GP is that the first time I download any app, it will download - pull up the BB install window, and crash. I then have to download it again, and it works.

I have looked for the APK's in 'Device/Downloads' and I can find nothing. I still haven't located where GP is downloading the APKs to.

What version of Cobalt's Google Play Store do you have installed? The earlier versions didn't save the APK. He added that function for that very reason.

My battery is doing some of its best ever even with the Google Play Store loaded. Sometimes I burn through battery because I'm running multiple Android apps and some are individually battery pigs.

The store format with version history and reviews helps me find new apps to try that I don't find in Snap as easily.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-28-15 07:47 AM

It's quite certain that you don't have the latest version of Play Store installed. Go and get the latest version from my Play Store thread. The correct file name is:

com.android.vending-5.1.11-cobalt-buy5.apk

The file is saved in the device/downloads folder (but only with the latest version of the store).
    yohannrjm likes this.
    01-28-15 08:02 AM
    Cobalt, maybe you can give me a hand here. I'm a truck driver and don't have access to a pc. Love my passport but the apps that would really help me out won't work on it. Usually they start but then flash a message saying I need google services. I've researched a bit into it and looked into your threads but like I said, no pc. Is there a way you could patch the apps yourself and give me the download link to them? Would really help me out. The only 2 I'd like to try are Sygic truck gps and truckerpath. Both of which need the google services to use.

Posted via CB10
    You can patch the app directly on your device with lucky patcher. Search the forum for the link.
    01-28-15 08:02 AM
    Tried running google maps on my passport... it's the only app I'm having trouble with is this normal? other than that this is awesome! You're the man cobalt!

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 06:42 PM
    Nvm just rebooted it and it's working like a dream! I followed agentjucey's instructions on youtube... is there anything else I'm missing aside from these 3 downloads? Everything seems to be working flawlessly thus far

Posted via CB10
    01-28-15 06:44 PM
    Yes. Be sure that you use the latest apk files from my thread and not the files that are attached to Agent Jucey's YouTube video.
    01-29-15 01:18 AM
    hi people

just a slight diversion on the topic!... i have both snap and google play installed (the patched one)...every so often i get the notification to update google play store.

should i do this or continue to just use the patched one? by updating will this cause apps to stop working?

thanks in advance
    01-29-15 07:23 AM
    I've had nothing but great experiences with Snap. The apps I download from there work great on the Classic. Flipboard, Sports Center, Pandora, all of my banking apps. Finally got to close the gap with the other iPhones and Androids out there and get all the mainstream apps.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-15 07:29 AM
    hi people

just a slight diversion on the topic!... i have both snap and google play installed (the patched one)...every so often i get the notification to update google play store.

should i do this or continue to just use the patched one? by updating will this cause apps to stop working?

thanks in advance
    You should never update a patched version with an official version from Play Store because of two reasons:

1. The downloaded version doesn't include the required patches to work on BB devices, so it will not run.
    2. The downloaded version has a different signature compared to the patched version. Updating will fail and may leave an uncomplete update on your device.

Only install Play Store updates from my thread.

BTW:
    I don't get any update notifications for Google Play Store. The latest available version I can find is 5.1.1. Where did you find that update?
    01-29-15 07:39 AM
    thanks for that! i already did!

generally seems to be google maps...every so often ill get a notification from google maps to say that play store needs an update!?

but regardless, grreat work on the patched google play and thanks again!
    01-29-15 07:42 AM
    thanks for that! i already did!

generally seems to be google maps...every so often ill get a notification from google maps to say that play store needs an update!?

but regardless, grreat work on the patched google play and thanks again!
    Ahh you are talking about Google Play SERVICES. That not the same as Google Play STORE.

To turn off that notification in Google Maps, you can open Blackberry Google ID, press the three dots on the top right, select Android Settings -> Apps ->Google Maps -> unselect notifications.
    01-29-15 08:03 AM
    Work great here.
    I am using the official OS...I will try again after the new OS update...Thanks again
    01-29-15 05:27 PM
    It's quite certain that you don't have the latest version of Play Store installed. Go and get the latest version from my Play Store thread. The correct file name is:

com.android.vending-5.1.11-cobalt-buy5.apk

The file is saved in the device/downloads folder (but only with the latest version of the store).
    Thanks. That took care of the issues.
    01-29-15 06:06 PM
    Quick Question:
    If i install SNAP or GP, would i be able to connect my BB Passport to the MOTO 360 watch i.e. once android wear is installed would it use the bluetooth of BB passport or not ?
    And is there a video tutorial for installation of SNAP/ GP , preferably from Cobalt !
    Last edited by gst8486; 04-28-15 at 05:12 PM.
    04-28-15 04:58 PM
    Quick Question:
    If i install SNAP or GP, would i be able to connect my BB Passport to the MOTO 360 watch i.e. once android wear is installed would it use the bluetooth of BB passport or not ?
    And is there a video tutorial for installation of SNAP/ GP , preferably from Cobalt !
    You really don't need a video tutorial. Just follow the 3 simple steps in the first post of this thread and you'll be fine.

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...oading-985344/
    04-29-15 03:16 PM
99 ... 234