Correct. But there are ways to patch those apps to get them running to some extent.
    the only thing i would really need it for is Google Maps, to sync the bookmarks i make on my PC. Is that possible?
    01-25-15 03:49 PM
    the only thing i would really need it for is Google Maps, to sync the bookmarks i make on my PC. Is that possible?
    Cobalt has already provided that in one of his threads

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 04:03 PM
    thanks.......
    01-25-15 04:08 PM
    If you post a link to the app I can look into the logs. Can't dl the app in my country.
    Hi Cobalt232 ....any luck with this yet? https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...e.wispr-39.apk

Thanks for your help
    01-25-15 04:33 PM
    I'll look into it tomorrow.
    01-25-15 04:35 PM
    Nice one....Thanks!
    01-25-15 04:37 PM
    Cobalt232, I usually do not ask for assistance with Android apps as I know very well my device is NOT an android. But, I use an app for Transit times here in Nova Scotia, the app is called Transit oddly enough " https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...pp.droid&hl=en " and I have had to Lucky Patch it so that the Google Maps would display. When I use this Lucky Patched app with your files, ver1, 2 or 3, this app fails to launch at all saying Play Services died. If I remove the Play Services from Lucky Patch, the app complains that NO play services is installed and fails again. Do you know of any incompatibility between your Play Service and Lucky Patch Google service.

I would like to think that Play Services is Play Services, but from my results I have to conclude that is not the case.
    download https://app.box.com/s/i60p2coka2n3x6lgj6qd and cobalts patched google services and you are good to go.
    I use "Transit"app sometimes
    01-25-15 05:48 PM
    Do you guys know if apps update automatically like they do on android devices?

Posted via CB10
    Yes they do!
    01-25-15 06:01 PM
    No longer have Snap us only Google platy as it works great so no need for both.
    01-25-15 06:02 PM
    Thanks. I will check out Cobalts thread and info. I installed leaks previously but just have not bothered with my Z30.

I have a friend lending / giving me a Passport tomorrow night so I will try it with that or maybe on my spare Z10.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-15 06:58 PM
    I don't really see any cons to using Google Play over Snap. Snap is a Google Play client. Why use the fake thing when you can have the real? I guess us BB10 users have got used to everything 3rd party. If anything its more like an upgrade. If u don't like the icons, toss em in a folder.

Posted via CB10
    It's not a fake. People prefer it because it's native meaning it's smoother, faster and uses less battery life.

Posted via CB10
    I use both but I prefer Snap as once the app is installed the apk is made available on my device in case I need to reload or patch. I'm unaware if GP does this for free downloads.
    01-26-15 01:54 AM
    I use both but I prefer Snap as once the app is installed the apk is made available on my device in case I need to reload or patch. I'm unaware if GP does this for free downloads.
    Google Play Store 5.1.1 build 5 saves the downloaded apk file in the device/downloads folder. It saves free AND purchased apps. The advantage over snap is that you must not install the app to get the apk. You can start the download and if the installer pops up, you can just cancel the installation by pressing the back button. The file will be in the device/download folder, even if it wasn't installed.
    billybobsa likes this.
    01-26-15 02:08 AM
    No cons with Google Pay and I have both SNAP and GP on my devices with no issues. Btw, battery is excellent.
    01-26-15 08:18 AM
    Google Play Store 5.1.1 build 5 saves the downloaded apk file in the device/downloads folder. It saves free AND purchased apps. The advantage over snap is that you must not install the app to get the apk. You can start the download and if the installer pops up, you can just cancel the installation by pressing the back button. The file will be in the device/download folder, even if it wasn't installed.
    Do you mind uploading mirrors to your Google Play Store build 5 so I can try it out because mega doesn't work for me

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 08:30 AM
    Do you mind uploading mirrors to your Google Play Store build 5 so I can try it out because mega doesn't work for me

Posted via CB10
    You can download it from the Bitcasa mirror directly in the first post of the Google Play thread.

But here the direct link:
    https://drive.bitcasa.com/send/UlVYR...5Be5MbiPF4rgYG
    01-26-15 08:38 AM
    Pros...
    It lets us get the Apps we want.

Cons....
    Each user that does it is another pin ***** in the side of Google... enough of them and Google will take note. And then we might lose access to Google Play in any form.
    01-26-15 09:31 AM
    There is never a con when a native app doesn't exist. What can you do but sideload?

Posted using my passport via CB10
    01-26-15 09:32 AM
    Pros...
    It lets us get the Apps we want.

Cons....
    Each user that does it is another pin ***** in the side of Google... enough of them and Google will take note. And then we might lose access to Google Play in any form.
    Tragedy of the commons.
    01-26-15 09:39 AM
    Hi Cobalt232 ....any luck with this yet? https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...e.wispr-39.apk

Thanks for your help
    This app is uses Google Play services and can be patched with Gmaps Patcher.

Here the patched version:
    BT WiFi patched

Requires patched Google Play services:
    Google Play Services 6.6.03-patched
    loreburne likes this.
    01-26-15 01:19 PM
    This app is uses Google Play services and can be patched with Gmaps Patcher.

Here the patched version:
    BT WiFi patched

Requires patched Google Play services:
    Google Play Services 6.6.03-patched
    Thanks Cobalt232 , It seems to open to the splash screen then goes blank...then says google services have stopped , wait or close...I have tried wait but does not seem to work. I had an older google play services installed ( I Think!) would I need to uninstall that 1st and install the new one?
    Thanks for your help!
    01-26-15 04:11 PM
    I suggest to install the new version. The app may require a newer version of play services.
    loreburne likes this.
    01-26-15 04:16 PM
    Hi I tried that...still getting the blank screen...Thanks for trying
    01-26-15 04:48 PM
    I don't really see any cons to using Google Play over Snap. Snap is a Google Play client. Why use the fake thing when you can have the real? I guess us BB10 users have got used to everything 3rd party. If anything its more like an upgrade. If u don't like the icons, toss em in a folder.

Posted via CB10
    Snap is snappier

 Z10
    01-26-15 05:03 PM
    My total battery usage of Play Store in the last 12h is under 1%. It's nothing compared to other apps as i.e. the CB app.
    Were you using it in the last twelve hours? It seems to murder the battery when in use
    Pros and cons of sideloading Google Play store?-img_20150126_182034.png

Posted via CB10
    01-26-15 05:21 PM
    You call THAT battery murder?
    garrett1972 likes this.
    01-26-15 05:39 PM
99 1234