More people should get a passport in their hands..........

Telus now offering passports for $150 on a 2yr.....

TELUS heavily discounts 2-year contract prices for latest smartphones | MobileSyrup.com
    m3mb3rsh1p likes this.
    11-17-14 04:10 PM
    More people should get a passport in their hands..........

Telus now offering passports for $150 on a 2yr.....

TELUS heavily discounts 2-year contract prices for latest smartphones | MobileSyrup.com
    Depending on the plan you already have, it may still be cheaper to buy outright. The cheapest plan will cost you $50 p/month with no data. If you want at a reasonable 1.5GB, that will add $30 p/month for a total of $80 p/month.

My older plan which still isn't that good, costs $50 p/month for 1GB of data so $30 p/month more x 24 months will set you back $720 over 2 years plus the $150 upfront cost for $870 or more expensive than buying from BlackBerry outright.

Of course, if you don't have an existing plan it could be a good way to get the phone. People just need to make sure they aren't giving up on their plans without working things out in full.

In fact, even if you didn't have a smartphone plan, you'd probably still be better off say, buying the phone outright and going to say Virgin Mobile and choosing the $60 p/month Silver plan. With the Bring-Your-Own-Device discount, this will save you 10% so it would be $54 p/month for what would cost $90 p/month with Telus ($60 unlimited calling + $30 for data). That's $36 savings p/month and $864 over 2 years which more than covers the cost of the Passport outright.

Anyways, food for thought.
    11-17-14 04:30 PM
    I just ordered one from rogers and told them about telus's price and they would match it thanks telus!

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    11-17-14 06:13 PM
    Depending on the plan you already have, it may still be cheaper to buy outright. The cheapest plan will cost you $50 p/month with no data. If you want at a reasonable 1.5GB, that will add $30 p/month for a total of $80 p/month.

My older plan which still isn't that good, costs $50 p/month for 1GB of data so $30 p/month more x 24 months will set you back $720 over 2 years plus the $150 upfront cost for $870 or more expensive than buying from BlackBerry outright.

Of course, if you don't have an existing plan it could be a good way to get the phone. People just need to make sure they aren't giving up on their plans without working things out in full.

In fact, even if you didn't have a smartphone plan, you'd probably still be better off say, buying the phone outright and going to say Virgin Mobile and choosing the $60 p/month Silver plan. With the Bring-Your-Own-Device discount, this will save you 10% so it would be $54 p/month for what would cost $90 p/month with Telus ($60 unlimited calling + $30 for data). That's $36 savings p/month and $864 over 2 years which more than covers the cost of the Passport outright.

Anyways, food for thought.
    Thanks btw as this is SOOOO important and most people overlook the fact. Back in July I migrated to the more expensive share plan inorder to do a HUP at that time which was fine as I am a long time customer and it's all a tax write off. Currently with the hup in July and the Passport hup in Oct I am paying about 180$ more having to migrate to the current in market share plans. Prior to the hup I still had 2012/2013 share plan pricing.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-17-14 06:46 PM