Pardon the potentially obvious answer but since using the Surface Magic Mount for your Passport, has a pothole or bad bump in the road ever dislodged it? Not that we EVER have any road issues in Chicago or anything.......
    nope never and some of the roads here in uk are bad
    10-24-14 02:18 PM
    I have just recently added the proclip in my Accord for the Passport. Does an excellent job. Holds the phone well and is much better than just laying it in the car. Very happy with mine!

Passport on AT&T
    10-24-14 03:51 PM
    I have ProClips in all my cars (3, currently). Best phone holders in my opinion. I opted for the adjustable one when I got my Z10, and still using the same one now with my Z30. Glad to see they made one for the Passport - I wondered if they would.
    10-24-14 04:42 PM
    I have just recently added the proclip in my Accord for the Passport. Does an excellent job. Holds the phone well and is much better than just laying it in the car. Very happy with mine!

Passport on AT&T
    If you don't mind me asking,which mount did you get? I have an Accord as well. Also, if you could confirm whether the device holder has a soft-touch coating, that would be greatly appreciated (as the poster above was away and couldn't confirm for sure).

Posted via BBCB10PP
    10-24-14 05:04 PM
    I use the iOttie HLCRIO101 and it even works with my BB Tan Leather Flip case. You just need to install the holder upside down and it works perfectly.
    10-24-14 07:31 PM
    Maybe they can start doing swivel belt holsters for the Passport.
    10-24-14 08:39 PM
    ProClip Car Mount for Passport-img_20141024_215925.jpg

I got the one that goes above the vent. It's on the drivers side so you can easily grab the phone if needed. The material is a hard plastic. Very easy to install,no holes to drill or anything. Clips in the dash and has two small pieces of tape that hold it in position.

Passport on AT&T
    PapiPabs likes this.
    10-24-14 09:01 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141024_215925.jpg 
Views:	1105 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	309115

I got the one that goes above the vent. It's on the drivers side so you can easily grab the phone if needed. The material is a hard plastic. Very easy to install,no holes to drill or anything. Clips in the dash and has two small pieces of tape that hold it in position.

Passport on AT&T
    Thanks. Looks good.

Are you concerned that the holder will damage/scratch the phone over time being that it is made of hard plastic (with no coating)?

Posted via BBCB10PP
    10-24-14 10:01 PM
    Thanks. Looks good.

Are you concerned that the holder will damage/scratch the phone over time being that it is made of hard plastic (with no coating)?

Posted via BBCB10PP
    I have used proclips for many years and never had any marks or anything on my phones
    PapiPabs likes this.
    10-25-14 12:57 AM
    I have used proclips for many years and never had any marks or anything on my phones
    Thanks. That's good enough for me. I'll have to give it a go.

Actually, would you say the experience has been better with the magnetic holder? Also, does the adhesive used for the base seem like a strong enough hold when attached to the ProClip mount, or did you MacGyver it on with screws? I may go with your exact setup.

Posted via BBCB10PP
    10-25-14 07:07 AM
    Thanks. That's good enough for me. I'll have to give it a go.

Actually, would you say the experience has been better with the magnetic holder? Also, does the adhesive used for the base seem like a strong enough hold when attached to the ProClip mount, or did you MacGyver it on with screws? I may go with your exact setup.

Posted via BBCB10PP
    I like the magic mount better I think as its quicker just pull and its free and also I can keep my hard case on......my setup is ..proclip mount attached to car as normal magicmount stuck straight onto proclip mount and the other part of the magicmount magnet stuchk to the inside of the hard case(not my phone) works great
    PapiPabs likes this.
    10-25-14 07:34 AM
    I like the magic mount better I think as its quicker just pull and its free and also I can keep my hard case on......my setup is ..proclip mount attached to car as normal magicmount stuck straight onto proclip mount and the other part of the magicmount magnet stuchk to the inside of the hard case(not my phone) works great
    Nice...I will probably go that route, as I don't want to have to remove my case every time I use the holder. Thanks again.

Posted via BBCB10PP
    10-25-14 07:49 AM
    Not concerned with it damaging the phone here. But I don't use a case on my Passport. You would have to remove the case. It's a snug fit without one.

Passport on AT&T
    PapiPabs likes this.
    10-25-14 08:44 AM
    Not concerned with it damaging the phone here. But I don't use a case on my Passport. You would have to remove the case. It's a snug fit without one.

Passport on AT&T
    Good to know. Perhaps I'll get both the device holder and magnetic mount and see which option I like best. Have I mentioned I'm horrible at making choices like this? LOL

Posted via BBCB10PP
    10-25-14 10:08 AM
    I placed it on the inside of the hard case as I didn't want to stick anything on the back of my passport works great....I didn't use the ioauto as I think it looks ugly and looks out of place compered to the proclip car mount and the magic mount
    This sounds like a great setup and I'm going the same route.

Question I have for you is does it matter where you position the magnet on the inside of your hard case? Vertical or horizontal, or does it matter? What works best for you?

Thanks.
    10-29-14 10:18 AM
    My ProClip arrived today and installed pretty easily. The Passport fits solid and snug. I'm not worried at all about damage to my car or the phone. Very happy 5 stars and two big thumbs up. I'll post some pictures after work
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    11-03-14 12:43 PM
    Just a quick question as I'm looking to get something similar for my VW Golf mk7 car. I use the hard shell case from BlackBerry on my Passport, will I need to take the phone out of the case in order for it to hold or will it fit around the hard shell case??

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 01:02 PM
    The holder made specifically for the Passport will not work if there is a case on your phone - it is a snug fit with a naked Passport. I believe there is an adjustable holder that they offer however, so maybe that would work if you don't want to take the case off and on.
    11-03-14 01:25 PM
    Thanks, I'll have a look at the adjustable clip as I'd rather not have to keep taking my Passport out of the case.

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 02:49 PM
    This is a terrible picture of it but I got my buddy to take a last minute picture haha

Fact is its solid fits great is in a decent spot and shipped really quick. Too bad they pretty much only have one mounting option per car but... I'm happy with the spot luckily. I previously had the Z10 in a cheap vent clip on the left of the steering wheel. It flopped around and sucked lol

ProClip Car Mount for Passport-lrg_1415058089838_0519427056_1d95b1bd.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails ProClip Car Mount for Passport-img_20141103_192941.jpg  
    11-03-14 07:19 PM
    This is a terrible picture of it but I got my buddy to take a last minute picture haha

Fact is its solid fits great is in a decent spot and shipped really quick. Too bad they pretty much only have one mounting option per car but... I'm happy with the spot luckily. I previously had the Z10 in a cheap vent clip on the left of the steering wheel. It flopped around and sucked lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lrg_1415058089838_0519427056_1d95b1bd.jpg 
Views:	1401 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	311913

Posted via CB10
    The cat doesn't look impressed.

Posted via BBCB10PP
    11-03-14 07:46 PM
    LMAO I don't know how the cat got into that post xD
    Oh well. Cat tax haha

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 08:46 PM
    Thanks Will308!! I totally know what you mean. Think of a 2 part solution. Car mount, and phone mount. Like the proclip website.

Car mount, Proclip is amazing! I've had many other types that mount to vents and stuff, they are sooo frustrating. Proclip is amazing.

Phone mount, Scosche all the way. No fumbling around, easy to use, good for phones of all sizes. The big reason for me was my case on my passport. You're not defined to a size. And you just put the metal piece on the inside of the your case, perfect. Not exposed and not attached directly to the phone, perfect solution.

Also, buy the blackberry car charger. I've had many 2A chargers and they charge soooo slow on my Z10 and Passport, not sure what the deal is... Get the Blackberry Micro USB Car Charger 1.8 AMP ACC-48181-301.
    11-07-14 07:11 AM
    Which Scosche mount did you buy? No Passport option.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-14 08:01 AM
    Thanks Will308!! I totally know what you mean. Think of a 2 part solution. Car mount, and phone mount. Like the proclip website.

Car mount, Proclip is amazing! I've had many other types that mount to vents and stuff, they are sooo frustrating. Proclip is amazing.

Phone mount, Scosche all the way. No fumbling around, easy to use, good for phones of all sizes. The big reason for me was my case on my passport. You're not defined to a size. And you just put the metal piece on the inside of the your case, perfect. Not exposed and not attached directly to the phone, perfect solution.

Also, buy the blackberry car charger. I've had many 2A chargers and they charge soooo slow on my Z10 and Passport, not sure what the deal is... Get the Blackberry Micro USB Car Charger 1.8 AMP ACC-48181-301.
    glad to be of help and I like you think this is the best setup for not only the passport but for any phone I have used proclips for years
    Natedogg14 likes this.
    11-07-14 08:21 AM
59 123