I have no financial interest in ProClip, but just installed one of their custom mounts for the Passport in my car and am very happy with the results. I have had a variety of cheap plastic phone mounts over the years in my vehicles, and this one is by far the best. The way it works is that you go to their website https://www.proclipusa.com/ and you choose a holder based on your device, and a mount based on the year, make, and model of your car. I have a 2013 Ford Fusion, and they now have the Passport holders in stock. You can choose a pedestal mount to go on top of your dashboard, or a dashboard mount that clips on to the dash somewhere, depending on the model of your car. Both are custom to your phone and car, and not universal like most of the products on the market. It was not cheap - $65 before shipping. And you can even spend more if you want a mount that has an integrated charger. But I spend a lot of time in my car, and can tell you that the quality is very good - material is solid, and the fit was perfect both for the phone and in terms of attaching to my dashboard. Took only 5 minutes to install. The holder leaves access to the volume keys on the side, USB port on the bottom (I plugged in my charger for the photos), and the top, and has a ridge on the bottom so that the phone does not slip through. The only downside is that I have to take my rubber case off the phone as it fits into the holder "naked". I have attached photos, and now realize that I also need to remove the old cradle that I had in my car for my Q10! Lastly although the company is in the US you can choose your country on their website - I am not sure if that is just for shipping or if they make mounts for vehicles not commonly found in the US.
    Attached Thumbnails ProClip Car Mount for Passport-img_20141012_081106.jpg   ProClip Car Mount for Passport-img_20141012_081124.jpg   ProClip Car Mount for Passport-img_20141012_081255.jpg   ProClip Car Mount for Passport-img_20141012_081318-1-.jpg  
    10-12-14 10:01 AM
    Is the fit snug? I have a gel case for my phone and am worried it won't fit. I have proclip for my Z30, but that one is adjustable, so gel case or not is not a problem. This one for Passport looks fixed, so I'm doubtful. Do you not have a case for your phone?
    10-12-14 10:22 AM
    I have a gel case and yes I will have to remove it each time I place the Passport into the ProClip holder. So that is a downside. I didn't realize that they had adjustable holders. On the other hand this fixed one fits the naked Passport like a glove.
    10-12-14 10:24 AM
    They did, so it was perfect when I moved fromZ10 to Z30. The passport is too wide, so I need a need holder.
    10-12-14 10:32 AM
    I've used proclip for years in my cars. My fave way of using it is going the mag mount route only problem I see this time is the weight. On my Z10 I put a bunch of the thinnest washers I could find behind the back plate and it still works Ok through the hard case I have on it too.

For the Passport (when my VIP edition finally arrives) I'm going to have to attach the washers on the inside of the hard case I guess since the back cover doesn't come off.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-14 10:33 AM
    I too have used ProClip in my car. Great customer service. I had the adjustable version for my Q10 because I had a case. Love the setup.

Before the Passport came out I had asked ProClip if there was going to be an adjustable version to mount the Passport. They said no, it was too wide and of course no other device would benefit from it....so they were going to make a specific holder for it (as the OP has pictured above).

I have modified my current one because I want to use my Passport with a case. Will eventually take pics when my cover comes in. Currently using it for my naked PassPort and when the case comes will adjust it for that.

Hopefully they may consider making an adjustable version if there is enough demand? Who knows....

They have a Magnetic Option (iOauto) and might consider this.

When they got the Passport they did their test and they told me that the magnetic disc that sticks to the device has to be ABOVE the BlackBerry symbol on the back....maybe because it is not completely flat.

If I go the magnetic option, I'm thinking of mounting the disc on the inside of my case cover instead as I do not want anything stuck on the device itself.
    10-12-14 11:19 AM
    I too have used ProClip in my car. Great customer service. I had the adjustable version for my Q10 because I had a case. Love the setup.

Before the Passport came out I had asked ProClip if there was going to be an adjustable version to mount the Passport. They said no, it was too wide and of course no other device would benefit from it....so they were going to make a specific holder for it (as the OP has pictured above).

I have modified my current one because I want to use my Passport with a case. Will eventually take pics when my cover comes in. Currently using it for my naked PassPort and when the case comes will adjust it for that.

Hopefully they may consider making an adjustable version if there is enough demand? Who knows....

They have a Magnetic Option (iOauto) and might consider this.

When they got the Passport they did their test and they told me that the magnetic disc that sticks to the device has to be ABOVE the BlackBerry symbol on the back....maybe because it is not completely flat.

If I go the magnetic option, I'm thinking of mounting the disc on the inside of my case cover instead as I do not want anything stuck on the device itself.
    im using the proclip holder with the surface magicmount by scosche works really well
    10-12-14 04:21 PM
    im using the proclip holder with the surface magicmount by scosche works really well
    Have you noticed any magnetic interference with the GPS? Thanks.
    10-13-14 01:58 AM
    Have you noticed any magnetic interference with the GPS? Thanks.
    nope nothing works just as well ...............its great I have had lots of phone holders over the years but I think this is the best combo
    10-13-14 05:23 AM
    so if i understand correctly, to mount the ProClip for Passport, I have to drill holes in the dash of my car?
    10-13-14 05:30 AM
    so if i understand correctly, to mount the ProClip for Passport, I have to drill holes in the dash of my car?
    oh no .............NO DRILLING AT ALL that's the best thing about proclip .............have a look at there web site and you will see what I mean
    10-13-14 06:33 AM
    I've used the hardwired Proclip setup for my Z10 and Q10 and find them extremely well built - the charging on the go is a nice touch too. You do have to remove your case which is a slight annoyance but worth it IMO. I have the powered one on order from Mark (Proclip Canada guy). The phones are held very securely with theses mounts - just great!

BTW, I now have powered mounts for a Z10 and Q10 I don't need anymore if anyone here is interested...I'll list them in the classified section shortly.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 06:43 AM
    Thinking of grabbing one of these (thanks OP). With the Z10 it fit nice and snug in the cigarette ashtray compartment in my car but there are no suitable nooks that can fit the Passport. I'm not fan of putting things on my dashboard or window so the custom car mounts look like a great option without it looking out of place.

It seems a bit pricey but it's a minor trade off for something that is designed specifically for your car (or mobile office as I like to call it).

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 07:56 AM
    nope nothing works just as well ...............its great I have had lots of phone holders over the years but I think this is the best combo
    Thanks will308. Looks to be the same principle.

Did you place the receiving disc on the inside of you back cover?

Wondering if there is room to do so and/or if it interferes with NFC.

Curious, but why did you decide on the Magic Mount instead of the iOauto or iOauto Pro? Was there any advantage?
    10-13-14 08:33 AM
    Thanks will308. Looks to be the same principle.

Did you place the receiving disc on the inside of you back cover?

Wondering if there is room to do so and/or if it interferes with NFC.

Curious, but why did you decide on the Magic Mount instead of the iOauto or iOauto Pro? Was there any advantage?
    I placed it on the inside of the hard case as I didn't want to stick anything on the back of my passport works great....I didn't use the ioauto as I think it looks ugly and looks out of place compered to the proclip car mount and the magic mount
    BACK-2-BLACK likes this.
    10-13-14 09:44 AM
    Looks great; thanks for posting pics!
    10-13-14 10:03 AM
    Nice Ford Fusion! LOL
    10-13-14 10:08 AM
    Yes no drilling and no damage from what I can tell. Each mount is apparently custom designed to attach to a unique spot on the dash. For instance mine came with a little wedge that you use to slightly separate and lift up a piece of the dashboard trim. Then a part of the mount slips in to that space. The rest perfectly wrapped around and clamped on to a vertical section of the dash. So this mount will only work with this year, make, and model of the car, but again it fits perfectly - nearly how you would expect it to be if it was an OEM accessory from Ford.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 01:20 PM
    New to both these products. Do you put the magic mount magnet on the proclip holder in some way? Do you have pics? Seems like a good solution.

TNx
    10-21-14 10:59 PM
    Very timely thread - looking for something that is quality oriented to mount the Passport.

Question: does it make sense that the clip that connects to the dash would be a better, less bouncy option than a suction mount? I've had those and the arms are longer, therefore with more give and resulting vibration/bounce.
    10-22-14 09:40 AM
    Looks like an interesting solution. Might have to look into this as my cup holders are juuuuuuuuuust a bit too small for the Passport.

Regarding the device holder: is the part that contacts the bare device hard plastic, or does it have some kind of soft-touch coating that would protect the device from scratches/wear and tear?
    10-23-14 05:39 PM
    Very timely thread - looking for something that is quality oriented to mount the Passport.

Question: does it make sense that the clip that connects to the dash would be a better, less bouncy option than a suction mount? I've had those and the arms are longer, therefore with more give and resulting vibration/bounce.
    I think this type of mount is probably better than a suction cup because like you said the "arm" is not long and therefore there is minimal to no bounce effect. The part that attaches to the dash is really perfectly engineered to fit the contour of the dash exactly, so it is firmly mounted.
    10-23-14 06:44 PM
    Looks like an interesting solution. Might have to look into this as my cup holders are juuuuuuuuuust a bit too small for the Passport.

Regarding the device holder: is the part that contacts the bare device hard plastic, or does it have some kind of soft-touch coating that would protect the device from scratches/wear and tear?
    I am currently out of town away from my car, but my recollection is that it is a soft type of plastic. It only comes in contact with the sides of the phone as well as a small amount of the corner at each bottom. I can say that you can't have a case on the phone as the holder fits the naked Passport exactly.
    PapiPabs likes this.
    10-23-14 06:46 PM
    I placed it on the inside of the hard case as I didn't want to stick anything on the back of my passport works great....I didn't use the ioauto as I think it looks ugly and looks out of place compered to the proclip car mount and the magic mount
    Pardon the potentially obvious answer but since using the Surface Magic Mount for your Passport, has a pothole or bad bump in the road ever dislodged it? Not that we EVER have any road issues in Chicago or anything.......
    10-24-14 12:13 PM
    New to both these products. Do you put the magic mount magnet on the proclip holder in some way? Do you have pics? Seems like a good solution.

TNx
    google proclip and scosche you will then see what I mean
    10-24-14 02:17 PM
59 123