I have owned a Classic for a month or so and I recently purchased a Passport as a fun weekend phone.

I am finding that I am having a little trouble adapting my current email processing work flow to the Passport...

Typically, in the evenings I would purge out my Inbox on the Classic by scrolling on the trackpad to highlight a message, then pressing the delete key on the keyboard to delete the message.

In addition, I could delete a block of emails located in proximity to one another by holding down the Shift key and swiping the trackpad to select multiple messages. I would then press the delete key on the keyboard to delete the block.

On the Passport, is there a way to highlight a message without opening it to select it for deletion? Also, how can I select a block of messages to process or delete?

(Note: I am aware of the "Delete Prior" option when holding down on a certain date, but I would really like to figure out a way to mimic my work flow process from the Classic as closely as possible.)
    Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 12:27 PM
    If you click on the lower right corner 'overflow menu' button (three dots) within the hub, it will bring up the Select More option. Once you hit that, you can select as many emails as you want to delete them.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 12:33 PM
    In the Hub, you can touch the top right corner button (three lines with a checkmark) to reveal the Instant Actions, which will put two buttons on every email / message / thing in the Hub. By default, one of these is Delete. With the Instant Actions menu open, you can just scroll through emails and delete any that you don't want to keep. You can customize the Instant Actions in Hub Settings / Display and Actions.
    08-22-15 01:29 PM
    If you click on the lower right corner 'overflow menu' button (three dots) within the hub, it will bring up the Select More option. Once you hit that, you can select as many emails as you want to delete them.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks so much! This is exactly what I was looking for...appreciate the help!

Sent from my BlackBerry Classic

Posted via CB10
    08-22-15 03:09 PM