Is anyone else having problems with the Comand unit in their W212 Mercedes?

I'm having what I consider a serious problem with the Mercedes Comand unit. I can make do that the navigation is antiquated, that the system doesn't have wifi, but I'm having a problem with the most important, central part of the system, the phone software.

The system will receive calls, upload the directory, but will not respond to my voice command to call "person's name".
    If I say the person's name, it responds by asking for a number (numeral). If I click on the name in the directory it will dial properly.

When I try to scroll thru the alphabet displayed at the bottom of the screen, it skips letters such as jumping from K to O (although I have names starting with the letters it skipped over.)

If I tap the contact in my phone, the Comand system with then properly dial the number I tapped.

The Comand unit displays names last name first. Yet my phone is first name first.

My Passport is running OS 10.3.1.1581

Is this a general incompatibility of the 2012 Comand system with our phones or is it a problem with the specific unit in my car?
    03-11-15 09:35 PM
    Hi,

I had no problems with the Comand Online in the V222 so far. As you have successfully paired the two already, it doesn't seem like the problem lies within the vehicle equipment.

Have you tried deleting the car from the phone and vice versa to pair them again? Maybe also ask your dealer if they have an update ready for the Comand.

As a temporary solution I'd recommend putting the BlackBerry Assistant on quick dial to use the phones voice control instead of the cars. The Assistant also appears in the cars contacts as soon as the two are connected.
    03-12-15 04:37 AM
    I got it to work. But it is quirky. I deleted out the phone and reinstalled it. When pushing the talk button on the steering wheel and speaking a name, although "Call name" is on the drop down list, unless if first click "name" on the Comand screen, it reverts again to listing numbers. Guess I'll get used to it, or work more with Blackberry assistant.
    03-12-15 06:10 PM
    Voice doesn't work with my C63 either. When I try to use the assistant or dictate a text, it just doesn't work. Otherwise everything else is fine.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-15 07:08 PM