The imei is clean, I bought it as NEW because was hard to find it, eveything is used and with marks, dents, etc. at&t refuses to give me the right code until the original owner finish the contract with the company (don't know when, they don't provide that info.)
    This is your problem. You really don't know what you bought. That phone imei is not clean, and the phone is not new if it is on a contract.

Don't expect anyone to pay that contract off.
    02-28-16 10:50 AM
    This is your problem. You really don't know what you bought. That phone imei is not clean, and the phone is not new if it is on a contract.

Don't expect anyone to pay that contract off.
    I had a 42 minutes phone call yesterday with AT&T customer service and they never told me the phone imei was blacklisted, because it is clean, in fact the person who I was talking to, mentioned "in case your mobile was stolen, but is not......bla bla bla"

and phone was unused, has no marks, is completely in perfect condition.
    02-28-16 11:03 AM
    I had a 42 minutes phone call yesterday with AT&T customer service and they never told me the phone imei was blacklisted, because it is clean, in fact the person who I was talking to, mentioned "in case your mobile was stolen, but is not......bla bla bla"

and phone was unused, has no marks, is completely in perfect condition.
    If the phone is on a contract, AT&T knows it is not a new phone. You might not have asked them that question.
    Don't go by what the phone looks like.
    02-28-16 11:26 AM
    Most likely, the imei is blacklisted in the US.
    02-28-16 11:28 AM
    Most likely, the imei is blacklisted in the US.
    they said, imei was clean but I will check somewhere

EDIT: I checked myself and is AT&T clean
    02-28-16 11:31 AM
    Interesting that you can't unlock it.....
    02-28-16 12:03 PM
    I feel cheated!
    I suggest that you request eBay to help you get a refund from the seller.
    Start here: Resolution Center
    Good luck!
    02-28-16 02:14 PM
    I suggest that you request eBay to help you get a refund from the seller.
    Start here: Resolution Center
    Good luck!
    I wrote to the seller during weekend, will give him 48hs to answer me, and then will talk with ebay and see what happen, thank you for the link
    02-29-16 07:04 AM
    Interesting that you can't unlock it.....
    Interesting? I think is frustrating
    02-29-16 09:36 AM
    Call AT&T and keep going up the chain. I did the same thing (Non-AT&T Mobility customer) and it first said IMEI was not in the database. I kept calling and escalating it, finally got someone who cared.

Took about 72 hours to get the code. If the guy didn't pay off the phone, then there's nothing you can do. But if it's clear, keep barking at them.
    02-29-16 03:10 PM
    Call AT&T and keep going up the chain. I did the same thing (Non-AT&T Mobility customer) and it first said IMEI was not in the database. I kept calling and escalating it, finally got someone who cared.

Took about 72 hours to get the code. If the guy didn't pay off the phone, then there's nothing you can do. But if it's clear, keep barking at them.
    I've been told that the original customer didn't finish the contract yet.... but anyway, I contacted the ebay seller and he said he doesn't know who was the owner, so I reply and told him I want to return the device for refund because it's been more than 2 months and can't make it work.... let see what he answers and depending on what, I contact ebay/paypal.

do you know if in USA, there are unlocking boxes in phone stores to unlock it? instead of code? just to know in case I find someone from here who travel there for holidays
    02-29-16 03:26 PM
    I've been told that the original customer didn't finish the contract yet.... but anyway, I contacted the ebay seller and he said he doesn't know who was the owner, so I reply and told him I want to return the device for refund because it's been more than 2 months and can't make it work.... let see what he answers and depending on what, I contact ebay/paypal.

do you know if in USA, there are unlocking boxes in phone stores to unlock it? instead of code? just to know in case I find someone from here who travel there for holidays
    Any update on this?
    03-12-16 08:24 AM
    [/QOUTE]AT&T Device Unlock Code Instructions[/URL]
    Blackberry Q10, Passport
    1. Power On the device with a non-AT&T SIM card.
    2. Let the device fully load.
    3. Go to Settings.
    4. Select Security and Privacy.
    5. Select SIM Card.
    6. Select Unlock Network.
    7. Enter the unlock code and press OK.
    8. The device displays �Network unlock successful.�

Use extreme care during the unlock process, as the incorrect entry of an unlock code too many times during the life of the device permanently disables the unlock ability. The number of attempts to unlock the device is dependent on the manufacturer and model.[/QUOTE]

This won't work in this situation. The OP was sold a phone that is still in a payment plan. The carrier won't let this phone be unlocked without the phone being paid off.

You're better off trying a third party, but no guarantees.

Posted via CB10
    03-12-16 08:29 AM
    Any update on this?
    Yes, seller refused to accept a return. I complained to paypal, they opened a claim, but sadly I lost it, so... I'm waiting again to see if I can get they real code using another method or I will have to sell it and buy another one but unlocked.
    So for now, I'm still using my lovely classic
    03-13-16 04:55 AM
    looks new, no scratches, all perfect, since day 1, put a screen protector, but can't unlock it
    cover is for original passport, but added the gel protector for SE, redesigned by me
    Attached Thumbnails Problems to get unlock code by AT&T, HELP!-hpim0005.jpg   Problems to get unlock code by AT&T, HELP!-hpim0004.jpg  
    03-13-16 05:23 AM
    I put an announcement on ebay, hope to have some luck and sell it.
    if anyone is interested, contact me by PM.

ebay link https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...84.m1555.l2649
    Last edited by Mauri5io; 03-15-16 at 10:56 AM.
    03-15-16 09:32 AM
    they said, imei was clean but I will check somewhere

EDIT: I checked myself and is AT&T clean
    Clean IMEI doesn't mean the phone isn't under contract, though. I'm about 99% sure this is your issue. This phone is locked to the network until it's completely paid off. You really need to get a hold of the seller and get them to give you this info. If not, you should file a claim with ebay and request they get involved. The US is definitely behind on this. We've sold a phone under contract via Ebay before, but made it clear in the ad that it was still under contract and locked until paid off.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-16 01:02 PM
    Clean IMEI doesn't mean the phone isn't under contract, though. I'm about 99% sure this is your issue. This phone is locked to the network until it's completely paid off. You really need to get a hold of the seller and get them to give you this info. If not, you should file a claim with ebay and request they get involved. The US is definitely behind on this. We've sold a phone under contract via Ebay before, but made it clear in the ad that it was still under contract and locked until paid off.

Posted via CB10
    I reclaim to paypal and lost the claim! it's been more than 90 days
    03-15-16 01:05 PM
    Happy ending for this story..... finally after almost 5 months.... I unlocked by myself, using usb, no unlocking code! easy, fast and safe!!! happy happy happy!!! love my passport at&t!!! :P
    04-27-16 07:08 AM
    I unlocked by myself, using usb, no unlocking code! easy, fast and safe!
    Great news! Thanks for following up. Please share your method for unlocking.
    04-27-16 08:08 AM
    I'm less than 60 days from completing my contract at t&at with my Q10! Am I correct to surmise that once 06/18/16 is here, I can just goto my favorite t&at store to request the unlock code?
    Once that is unlocked, next time I goto Canada I can then grab a microSIM from one of the Canadian carriers, load it, activate it, and off I go eh!

SQN100-1 | 10.3.1.1779 | t&at
    04-27-16 08:24 AM
    I can just goto my favorite t&at store to request the unlock code?
    Just go here: AT&T Device Unlock Portal
    Last edited by eywong; 04-27-16 at 11:17 AM.
    04-27-16 08:55 AM
    Great news! Thanks for following up. Please share your method for unlocking.
    Have you heard about Chimera??? is a great software to unlock blackberry OS10 (also samsung, lg, lumia) I had to buy a license and credits to unlock it, once done that, I pressed "direct unlock" waited 30 minutes and all was done!, no big efforts, software is easy to use!!!
    In the picture you can see the last part of the process, but before rebooting, it loads an update to flash and start unlocking process. after that, I updated to the last available OS with Sachesi.

Chimera has a lot of stuff, like for example, you can unlock it even if 0 attempts remain!!! give it a try!!! it worth the money spent!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Problems to get unlock code by AT&T, HELP!-bbpassport.jpg  
    eywong likes this.
    04-27-16 09:05 AM
    Happy ending for this story..... finally after almost 5 months.... I unlocked by myself, using usb, no unlocking code! easy, fast and safe!!! happy happy happy!!! love my passport at&t!!! :P
    How did you manage to unlock? My Passport is sim free but would love to know how you did it as I am thinking of buying a SE and if it is locked at least I know what I can do.

Posted via my magical Passport, keeping the dream alive Scotland Aye!
    04-27-16 09:44 AM
    How did you manage to unlock? My Passport is sim free but would love to know how you did it as I am thinking of buying a SE and if it is locked at least I know what I can do.

Posted via my magical Passport, keeping the dream alive Scotland Aye!
    I wrote the method just before your message, I added a picture
    04-27-16 09:52 AM
61 123