Hello, I received a Blackberry Passport AT&T I bought on ebay, the imei is clean, in fact the seller sold more than 25 to date.
    I contacted AT&T to request unlock code and they sent me an email saying:

"Thank you for contacting AT&T about unlocking your mobile device.
    Unfortunately, your unlock request was denied because:
    You haven�t fulfilled your service contract"

Can anyone help me? I chosen the option NON AT&T mobility customers to request the code.

Regards.

PS: I bought from Spain.
    12-11-15 10:00 AM
    Take it to a shop that unlocks phones.

Rock'n the S6 Active till the Blackberry Z50 all touch screen comes out
    12-11-15 10:08 AM
    Hello, I received a Blackberry Passport AT&T I bought on ebay, the imei is clean, in fact the seller sold more than 25 to date.
    I contacted AT&T to request unlock code and they sent me an email saying:

"Thank you for contacting AT&T about unlocking your mobile device.
    Unfortunately, your unlock request was denied because:
    You haven�t fulfilled your service contract"

Can anyone help me? I chosen the option NON AT&T mobility customers to request the code.

Regards.

PS: I bought from Spain.
    I would follow-up with AT&T by phone call to try to resolve their issue with the service contract on the device that you possess. Contact Us - Wireless
    12-11-15 10:53 AM
    I would follow-up with AT&T by phone call to try to resolve their issue with the service contract on the device that you possess. Contact Us - Wireless
    I recently contacted at&t and they said they can't provide the unlock code because the previous owner's contract isn't finished and can't tell me when that will be happening hahahahaha (I wanna cry) doesn't matter if I tell I'm abroad or that I was able to pay a fee, I have to wait until some day............ but I can't I need that unlocking code!. The seller can't help............ I can't return it because somewhere during the delivery, the original box was "stolen" from its package, envelope came open, I think european customs done it....... can anybody HELP? :'(
    12-16-15 12:07 PM
    You should be able to purchase an unlocking code from an online company. The cost is small and may be much better than trying to deal with ATT. My family uses Unlock Codes & Network Cellphone Unlocking | CellUnlocker.net
    12-16-15 12:37 PM
    I need that unlocking code!
    Take it to a shop that unlocks phones.
    12-16-15 12:45 PM
    I sent a pm to that user, still waiting for reply...
    12-16-15 12:48 PM
    I have a doubt, is necessary to put the new sim card to unlock it? or can I do without it?

Edit: tried with sim card in it, but the 16 digits provided by the seller, doesn't work.
    only 6 attempts remain

what could happen if no attempts remain? unuseful forever mobile?
    Last edited by Mauri5io; 12-16-15 at 01:15 PM.
    12-16-15 01:05 PM
    I have a doubt, is necessary to put the new sim card to unlock it? or can I do without it?

Edit: tried with sim card in it, but the 16 digits provided by the seller, doesn't work.
    only 6 attempts remain

what could happen if no attempts remain? unuseful forever mobile?
    AT&T Device Unlock Code Instructions
    Blackberry Q10, Passport
    1. Power On the device with a non-AT&T SIM card.
    2. Let the device fully load.
    3. Go to Settings.
    4. Select Security and Privacy.
    5. Select SIM Card.
    6. Select Unlock Network.
    7. Enter the unlock code and press OK.
    8. The device displays �Network unlock successful.�

Use extreme care during the unlock process, as the incorrect entry of an unlock code too many times during the life of the device permanently disables the unlock ability. The number of attempts to unlock the device is dependent on the manufacturer and model.
    12-16-15 01:48 PM
    Use extreme care during the unlock process, as the incorrect entry of an unlock code too many times during the life of the device permanently disables the unlock ability. The number of attempts to unlock the device is dependent on the manufacturer and model.
    I did that, but wasn't successful, I think the seller code was not a good one, so I bought a code from blackberrycodesource.com let see what happen when I receive the new code, is not cheap services, hope it works
    12-16-15 01:53 PM
    I recently contacted at&t and they said they can't provide the unlock code because the previous owner's contract isn't finished and can't tell me when that will be happening hahahahaha (I wanna cry) doesn't matter if I tell I'm abroad or that I was able to pay a fee, I have to wait until some day............ but I can't I need that unlocking code!. The seller can't help............ I can't return it because somewhere during the delivery, the original box was "stolen" from its package, envelope came open, I think european customs done it....... can anybody HELP? :'(
    Technically the seller shouldn't have been seeking that phone then. AT&T could put a lock on it if the original purchaser doesn't pay up.

I'd demand a refund.
    12-16-15 02:15 PM
    Technically the seller shouldn't have been seeking that phone then. AT&T could put a lock on it if the original purchaser doesn't pay up.

I'd demand a refund.
    Devices are carrier overstock/customer remorse, he has sold a lot of them.
    12-16-15 02:27 PM
    This same exact thing happened to me. It turned out that the Passport I bought from Ebay was a business phone. In other words, it was given to an employee who then sold it. So the phone will work fine when sold, but you cannot unlock it.

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    12-16-15 10:36 PM
    Even after unlocking, if AT&T blacklists the phone due to non payment by previous owner, the phone will not work on any network in the united states. Your best bet in that scenario would be to move to Canada or Mexico
    12-19-15 04:28 AM
    I live in Spain, so I'm still trying to find a way to unlock it because the code given for my phone isn't working, is the same code that the seller gave me and the site blackberrycodesource.com
    So went to a mobile shop and they will try to unlock with some box or something like that, only 4 attempts remain.
    01-19-16 05:59 AM
    bb codesource system works so I would be worried if I were you.
    01-19-16 08:15 AM
    I live in Spain, so I'm still trying to find a way to unlock it because the code given for my phone isn't working, is the same code that the seller gave me and the site blackberrycodesource.com
    So went to a mobile shop and they will try to unlock with some box or something like that, only 4 attempts remain.
    I would cease further attempts to unlock my phone using that specific code.

I would request refund from blackberrycodesource.com. They advertise, "We 100% Guarantee to Unlock your Blackberry or Double Your Money Back."

I would request eBay to help me get a refund from the seller of the phone. It's IMEI apparently is not "clean," contrary to his advertised claim.

If you paid for the phone via PayPal or credit card, they might help you get satisfaction from the phone's seller.

Good luck. I hope the mobile shop unlocks your phone.
    Last edited by eywong; 01-19-16 at 12:28 PM.
    01-19-16 12:12 PM
    I would cease further attempts to unlock my phone using that specific code.

I would request refund from blackberrycodesource.com. They advertise, "We 100% Guarantee to Unlock your Blackberry or Double Your Money Back."
    They already refunded the money, so no problem with that.

I would request eBay to help me get a refund from the seller of the phone. It's IMEI apparently is not "clean," contrary to his advertised claim.
    The imei is clean, I bought it as NEW because was hard to find it, eveything is used and with marks, dents, etc. at&t refuses to give me the right code until the original owner finish the contract with the company (don't know when, they don't provide that info.)

If you paid for the phone via PayPal or credit card, they might help you get satisfaction from the phone's seller.
    paid via paypal, but I don't want to reclaim, since I bought it know it was locked to at&t, that's why I want to make it work.

Good luck. I hope the mobile shop unlocks your phone.
    I will know the next week. let see...
    although nobody tells me what happen when no attempts remain... is locked? unusable? to the trash? who can reset or do something???

anyway, I have to wait until monday or so
    always positive thinking
    01-21-16 10:49 AM
    This article might interest you: Cell Phone Unlocking FAQs
    jope28 and Mauri5io like this.
    01-22-16 09:17 AM
    This article might interest you: Cell Phone Unlocking FAQs
    Thank you for that link.
    Some details I was not aware of (the one about military deployment was one that I found to be an interesting one for those out there who are in the military).

Edit: for clarity

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    Last edited by jope28; 01-22-16 at 09:56 AM.
    01-22-16 09:27 AM
    Thank you for that link.
    Some details I was not aware of (military deployment).
    Thank your for your service.
    01-22-16 09:42 AM
    Thank your for your service.
    Sorry, didn't mean to misrepresent myself.
    I'm not in the service myself. Meant to say that I didn't know about that military service clause there. And was very happy to see something like that.

I apologize if I unintentionally made it appear that I was claiming to be in the service.

Edited my previous post to avoid confusion.

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    01-22-16 09:49 AM
    What has happened during the past month? Is your phone now unlocked?
    02-26-16 11:17 PM
    What has happened during the past month? Is your phone now unlocked?
    No, still locked, I called AT&T yesterday by skype to a free spanish support... so after 42 minutes talking, couldn't get the real code to unlock it, because they don't know who was the previous owner of the phone, and see when the contract finish!, they said I have to find some way to know who was the customer and his at&t account number, I gave them the code I was given by the seller and they said do not match with my imei number. So this is weird because when I paid to get a code, I was given the same one, so got refunded because I knew it wouldn't work.
    I tried to unlock it in a phone store with a box machine or something but they said this model is not yet supported (in europe).
    So I contacted with the seller (no answer yet) to help me find the real code because if someone sold him this phone, he must know the name of the previous owner, I don't know in USA, but here in Europe, if you sell your phone to a store, they ask you a lot of info and personal ID to avoid problems in case was stolen, I think in USA should be the same.
    Nothing yet, feel frustrated, don't know what to do. can't send it back because the envelope was open by customs when arrived to europe, and don't know why box was removed.... any suggestion???
    what I don't understand is why the unlocking code given to me twice by 2 different people, is the same but according at&t, is not the right one and they didn't change the code of the phone.
    Is there any other method in USA (unlocking boxes or something) to unlock it? just to know if I find somebody who travel there for holidays and make it work.
    I feel cheated! and don't want to spend another 400€ to buy an unlocked one.
    Sorry if I repeated a lot of same words, my english is not that good and thank you for asking
    02-28-16 09:04 AM
    It should have went back so as there was a problem.
    02-28-16 10:32 AM
61 123