I have had my Passport since the beginning of January. Over all I really like it, got a great deal on one but I have had a few issues.

Wi Fi used to be pretty reliable but after my battery was not lasting and emptying faster then usual I updated the phone which took a few tries, it did not want to sync with my computer. After the update Wi Fi is not very reliable, most of the time when I go to the browser and try to go on a site it says "No Network Connection" even though it is connected. When I go to open network connections and connect again it just won't work, normally I have to uplug my router, connect again, type password and I will notice a blackberry symbol on the upper left corner, then it connects but it does not last, normally after a hour or so when I try to connect again it will not let me connect and I have to go through the whole process again, I have tried to connect to other wi fi hotspots with no password where it connects but when I use the browser and try to go to a site it says "No Network Connection". It did not do this before the firmware update and was pretty reliable for wi fi, mobile network seems to work fine.

I downloaded Firefox but when I try to use it, it first says if I want to agree for it to access and share my video's, contacts, and videos which of course I don't and way I tap I don't want it to share it will not do anything else and not let my go online.

Last is I wanted to put my photos from my phone on my PC, I connected the device to the PC and downloaded the Blackberry Link/Blend software from the connection but when I go to my device it says I have no pictures, movies, music despite having hundreds of photos, dozens of videos, and songs on the phone/card. There just seems to be no way to access them on the PC which I could easily do on other phones, when I go to the pictures on the phone there are no options to move the photos anywhere else on the phone, just seems to fight me when I am just trying to access and save photos to Win 10 PC. I also tried connecting to a Windows 8 Tablet and still had no luck accessing or looking at the photos on the phone after downloading the Blackberry software. I have not yet tried to move a photo or video to the Passport from the PC yet.

Would appreciate any help
    03-12-18 05:59 PM
    I have had my Passport since the beginning of January. Over all I really like it, got a great deal on one but I have had a few issues.

...updated the phone which took a few tries...

Would appreciate any help
    I loved my Passport for a number of years. It is a really good device. Sadly, there is no support for it or for Blend or for Link. Shame really.

But what caught my attention is when you wrote "updated the phone which took a few tries".

What process did you use and what Autoloader did you and from which source?

It sounds like something may have went wrong during the upgrade. But if it did go well, have you tried completely wiping the device again?

The battery life problem is inevitable after two years. :-(
    03-13-18 11:43 AM
    Use an SD Card....

Yes Passport should connect with LINK and BLEND and you should be able to see your photos.... too many of us have tried and tired and not been able to do it. (but some still can).
    03-13-18 11:46 AM
    I loved my Passport for a number of years. It is a really good device. Sadly, there is no support for it or for Blend or for Link. Shame really.

But what caught my attention is when you wrote "updated the phone which took a few tries".

What process did you use and what Autoloader did you and from which source?

It sounds like something may have went wrong during the upgrade. But if it did go well, have you tried completely wiping the device again?

The battery life problem is inevitable after two years. :-(
    At first I tried updating it by just the option on the phone which did not work, I believe it kept coming up with a error or saying something about internet connection/data issues so I plugged it into my PC with a usb, downloaded the software that comes up like Blackberry Link/Blend when you plug it in, at first it had trouble or errors recognizing and syncing but after a few tries it finally worked, then after a few tries which at times would show errors in the middle of downloading the latest firmware update/version it finally worked. It seemed to solve the high battery usage which suddenly came about after just a couple weeks where it would discharge after maybe 2 or 3 days of no real usage, though it still seems to go pretty fast when not in use but I am used to older Nokia keyboard phones that stay charged for 2 weeks even with some use. I did not try completely wiping the device, do not really want to do that.

I know the phone is losing support but I am hoping I will still be able to just use it as a phone, text, and use most functions for a while. I am not a big app guy or twitter/facebook/social media user and for around $100 brand new I got it for the price can not be beat, I like keyboards and buttons on phones so this fit my needs without spending $500 on a Keyone.

I figured I could at least view my photos and put them on my PC by connecting the Passport which is a very simply process/task, I could still do that on my Nokia models from 2010.
    03-13-18 12:27 PM
    Use an SD Card....

Yes Passport should connect with LINK and BLEND and you should be able to see your photos.... too many of us have tried and tired and not been able to do it. (but some still can).
    That is odd it can't do a simple operation like show your pics and movies and download them to your PC, have not tried adding any from the PC. My much older phones were able to do that. I already have them saved to a SIM card, guess I will have to get a adapter for the micro or mini sim the Passport uses to put in my PC, would be much easier if I could just plug the phone in with a USB connection and download them that way.
    03-13-18 12:30 PM
    That is odd it can't do a simple operation like show your pics and movies and download them to your PC, have not tried adding any from the PC. My much older phones were able to do that. I already have them saved to a SIM card, guess I will have to get a adapter for the micro or mini sim the Passport uses to put in my PC, would be much easier if I could just plug the phone in with a USB connection and download them that way.
    Yes it would....

Sadly as a "smartphone" it has a little more complicated driver and mass storage setup... probable for security reasons, than an old feature phone.

And their support for the software... ended long ago. Neither Blend nor LINK have seen updates in years, which is why that aren't compatible with newer versions of Windows or MaxOS (or older versions with security patches).

If you have an old PC in a closet or attic... might try it.
    03-13-18 02:40 PM
    Yes it would....

Sadly as a "smartphone" it has a little more complicated driver and mass storage setup... probable for security reasons, than an old feature phone.

And their support for the software... ended long ago. Neither Blend nor LINK have seen updates in years, which is why that aren't compatible with newer versions of Windows or MaxOS (or older versions with security patches).

If you have an old PC in a closet or attic... might try it.
    Actually I just found out how to do it on the Passport from having to figure out how to do it on a Motorola G4 earlier. You have to go into the Settings and check or move to "on" to allow USB mass storage sharing, if not it just charges it and does not allow any exchanges for data, it worked on a Windows 10 HP where I was able to find my pictures and download them. It was much easier on the Passport with just going to settings and then communication/USB, with the G4 it took forever to find the way to switch the USB functionality, it was a little icon on the upper right hand corner to get to it that I tried after just about giving up.
    03-13-18 11:32 PM