When typing an email or creating a document on my Passport, the only way I can select the predictive words that appear is if I push directly on them...I know I should be able to just swish them with an upward swish (or whisk) into the body of the document, but when I attempt to whish them, the main screen immediately appears (from the right). This happens 100% of the time...I've watched all the demos but the selected predictive word won't populate into the document unless I press very directly on it...what am I doing wrong?....thanks!
    02-03-15 08:46 PM
    You're supposed to swipe on the keyboard, not the screen

Posted via CB10
    crazy4playbook likes this.
    02-03-15 08:48 PM
    Let me see if I got it right. You go back to the home screen (swipe up) when you try to swipe a word from a suggestion into the document?

Try not touching the bezel. Swipe on the keyboard only. See if that helps!
    02-03-15 08:51 PM
    No matter where I start the swipe from (ie. upward just from keyboard, or upward starting below the keyboard or upward starting at the word), the home screen immediately appears from the right....restarting didn't fix it
    02-03-15 09:02 PM
    No matter where I start the swipe from (ie. upward just from keyboard, or upward starting below the keyboard or upward starting at the word), the home screen immediately appears from the right....restarting didn't fix it
    You swipe on the keyboard from the bottom upwards but you lift your finger before you get to the bezel and screen. So you don't to touch the screen at all

Posted via CB10
    02-03-15 09:07 PM
    You swipe on the keyboard from the bottom upwards but you lift your finger before you get to the bezel and screen. So you don't to touch the screen at all
    Let me see if I can demonstrate what he said...

Problem using predictive text-blackberry_passport_keyboard_ndtv.jpg

So if you wanna "They", move your finger from the spacebar up to the t letter, but no further. For "There", z-x-c up to q-w-e should do it. But if you go any further you'll hit the bezel and send the up into active frame.
    02-03-15 09:08 PM
    I have very slowly tried just touching the keyboard and swiping upward to the word but not touching the screen as well as starting on the keyboard and swiping thru the word onto the screen...done it a hundred times with as many words...no swiping does variation in swiping does anything except cause the main screen to appear....but it works perfect if I just push dorectly on, not swipe, the word
    02-03-15 09:13 PM
    Is it possible for you to post a video of this?

I don't have my Passport on me, but I believe that there's an option in the Input settings to toggle if you can swipe up words, maybe this is disabled? Going to the home screen, though, that's a whole other issue.
    diegonei and crazy4playbook like this.
    02-03-15 09:19 PM
    I tried to be very careful following your picture but it only worked about 10% of the time..on the right side it activates the virtual keyboard almost every time...on the right side and in the middle, it works rarely....I'll keep trying but it must be defective cuz it rarely works even when I am being very careful with the swipe
    02-03-15 09:24 PM
    I tried to be very careful following your picture but it only worked about 10% of the time..on the right side it activates the virtual keyboard almost every time...on the right side and in the middle, it works rarely....I'll keep trying but it must be defective cuz it rarely works even when I am being very careful with the swipe
    See if wxmancanada's idea is right. Look around in settings to see if the options is indeed on/off.

And if you can, do post a video. I hope you have the setting wrong instead a defective device. ><
    02-03-15 09:32 PM
    There is no toggle. The only option in the settings is to turn on "Show Predictions" ..and I do get the predicted words at the top so I guess the correct setting is on.
    02-03-15 09:41 PM
    So do I...thanks for trying to help me!
    diegonei likes this.
    02-03-15 09:42 PM
    No toggle and Show Predictions is on...will keep working with it before calling Asurion for a replacement...thanks for the help!
    02-03-15 09:45 PM