05-26-16 02:59 PM
34 12
tools
    I just got my passport today SQW100-1 and updated to the latest OS which is Os version 10.3.0.1418, software release 10.3.0.908.

I have a problem with the rear camera which could not focus on the picture and all the results was blur. It works very well on the front camera, or when I try to do close up picture, the camera working very well. Only when I try to take a normal picture, it wont focus.

Anybody have this problem?
    10-18-14 10:38 AM
    That sucks. Taking basic troublehooting into account: call BlackBerry for replacement?

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 10:43 AM
    Try a hard reset by holding the the volume buttons until it resets, usually after a update it help to do a couple.

Official pain in the **** of the peevishlicious crew.
    10-18-14 10:53 AM
    I'm also having trouble focusing on the things I want whenever i wanna take a photo. Was using all sorts of blackberry models and have no issues with them. Only on passport
    10-18-14 11:24 AM
    I'm also having trouble focusing on the things I want whenever i wanna take a photo. Was using all sorts of blackberry models and have no issues with them. Only on passport
    Have you updated the PP yet, the autofocus improved after that.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 11:47 AM
    Is there a protective film over the lens?
    10-18-14 02:26 PM
    What do you mean updated the PP?

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 07:44 PM
    No, nothing block the camera lens

On my ? passport
    10-18-14 07:47 PM
    No, nothing block the camera lens

On my ? passport
    Yes, the passport.
    10-18-14 10:43 PM
    Have you updated the PP yet, the autofocus improved after that.

Posted via CB10
    Update to which software version I'd like to know. Mine is blurry when up close to the subject too. I had to slowly move it away from thr subject and then move it closer again.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 11:06 PM
    Don't be like me and forgot to remove the plastic it comes with on the lense lol.

What is that?! That my friend is my BlackBerry Passport.
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    10-18-14 11:10 PM
    i've mentioned in another post, I have a focus issue but hardware related I can hear rear camera clicking as it trys to focus like it's stuck.
    Does it make any noises?
    10-18-14 11:48 PM
    To make a picture indoor use Action settings

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 08:13 AM
    Same here! The camera doesn't focus when the subject is further away then one meter, to infinity. Just went on a short holiday, unable to take pictures. Reverted back to my samsung note 3 for pictures. Tried all settings, latest update, all options. Hate to return it and ask for a refund over a not working camera
    Last edited by infraskil; 10-20-14 at 08:27 AM.
    10-19-14 10:26 PM
    i've mentioned in another post, I have a focus issue but hardware related I can hear rear camera clicking as it trys to focus like it's stuck.
    Does it make any noises?
    Mine makes almost 'electrical' noises when it tries to focus on its own. Touching the focus square and moving it to the part of the view on which I want to focus seems to help, but that electric noise is rather freaky. It almost sounds like I'm going to get a shock from it!

That being said, when I do get the focus right, the pictures are great! I'm really impressed with the night vision mode!
    11-09-14 09:49 AM
    I'm not having any focusing issues. I like being able to touch one element and focus on that, and then take the picture with focus so set.

I am having an issue with sunrises and sunsets. Camera is trying to correct for low light washing out the picture. Any suggestions? I've tried auto, night etc. settings.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 11:07 AM
    Hate to say this. But I really have one problem on the front camera which give me an error "the camera can't be started" while trying to switch camera from rear to front. Run BBIV and it says permission not set even though it is. I suspect it was due to some android apps from Amazon. It is no use after hard reboot. Don't want to delete all android apps. Also while I try to change app permissions to certain android apps, why does it not allow me?

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 12:02 PM
    Hard reset worked for me! Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    11-09-14 12:15 PM
    Yes, the camera software sucks and is the weak spot on the blackberry passport.

My z10 took better pics.
    11-09-14 12:50 PM
    Well I had my first problem with the Passport camera this morning.
    Truly frustrating.
    My dog was at my feet, doing funny things that dogs do, and I wanted to snap a picture of it.
    The camera wouldn't focus at all. And then even when I gave up and was just going to take a picture of a big blurry thing, the camera wouldn't even take the picture. I just kept tapping the button and nothing!
    Truly disappointing. A $700 device should not be having problems with these simple actions. Even basic camera functions have been perfected for a couple years now.
    Here is hoping they can fix it with a software update and it's not hardware related. I rather not be stuck with a crappy camera for however long I have this phone.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    11-15-14 07:35 AM
    The autofocus truly sucks, sorry to say it like this, but I simply can't find any other words for the situation. My Q10 already never was a phone which had a good AF on it's camera, but the Passport easily manages to make things even worse and the Q almost shine.
    Sometimes it won't focus at all until I touch the screen a few times to give the software a new focusing spot. Even if it tries to focus, it often gets the wrong point of focus, either behind or way before the subject - resulting in blurry photos of course. The situation occured just yesterday when I wanted to take some group pictures at a party, the PP failed spectacular it was embarrassing. Other phones like an iPhone 4s, a Sony Z1 Compact, Galaxy S4 and S5 had not a single problem at all.

BlackBerry should really work on this issue, it is a known and frustrating problem since early BB10 days and it still exists. What are those 13 megapixels, optical image stabilisation and those software tricks like timeshift and HDR worth, if the phone has a completely unreliable autofocus which leads to blurry pics?

Btw. this is my second Passport already, the first one also had a bad AF, so I doubt this is a pure hardware fault.

Posted via CB10
    vpblaze likes this.
    11-16-14 04:11 AM
    ^^^^^^
    I completely agree with how you say it's embarrassing.
    BlackBerry has to step up on the auto focus fix. I hate not being able to take a picture then having to hear my ol lady saying she will do it with her S5 because my BlackBerry sucks.
    Just because it's a BlackBerry and they are trying to orientate themselves towards the business and professional side doesn't mean that people won't want to take pictures!

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    11-16-14 12:48 PM
    Does anyone know if 10.3.1.1151 has improved the camera performance at all?

It Sucks especially in low-ish light. Even my q10 was better let alone my iphone5.

Other than that my passport is awesome.

Posted via CB10
    polgara59 likes this.
    11-18-14 01:43 PM
    Did you ever figure out the problem, mine is doing exactly what you said your did.
    07-31-15 08:40 PM
    The only solutions I've found aside from using my iPhone, lol

When your in the camera two things; press and hold the camera button till the focus locks in and then release. Or tap and hold on the screen where you want to focus until the lock symbol appears, locking the focus on then take the picture.

For still photos this works well, however forget about getting any decent motion action shots.

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 08:56 PM
34 12