07-28-15 09:33 PM
36 12
tools
    Hi. I have been using my passport for a few days now and is fantastic such a new breath of fresh air from iPhone and Boring android. Just got a few problems though. When I put it in my pocket and get it out again there are various maps open and running, today a few calls made and I did not even take it out of my pocket. If I turn swipe off I can't see the peak notifications and have to use the power key to see any news notifications and if I turn swipe back on I get all of the previously mentioned problems. How have you guys got yours set up so it doesn't activate anything while in your pocket?.

Many Thanks
    The fix is this;

First, Set the device settings so virtually nothing can be activated from the lock screen without the device asking for the password. There are quite a few settings that need to be changed for this.

Now set the side keys so they can't switch tunes etc when the device is locked.

Finally, Every time you are about to put the device in your pocket LOCK it. I don't just mean press the button on top, that's not locking it that just turns the screen off which is not the same thing at all. HOLD THE BUTTON FOR ABOUT 4 SECONDS THEN TAP "LOCK" ON THE SCREEN (Sorry for the capital letters). Then all your in-pocket problems will go away.

I believe there is also a "lock" function on the physical keyboard. And some genuine BB cases contain magnets which do a similar thing.

Have fun :-)
    06-04-15 05:54 AM
    Hi and thank you all for some great advice and help with many ideas for me to look into and try on the PP with that said dare I ask you guys what you think of this product Blackberry Passport Cases

As you can see the case looks a very nice quality and is real leather but with no auto screen off. However and this is what would worry me about this type of case is that is has thousads of little succession cups which hold the phone to the wallet Hmmmm!!!. Now I tried one of these on an iphone I had a few years ago and it did not hold very well. Have any of you guys tried one of these wallets with the little succession cups on the back?. Over here in Spain it's not easy to get any accessories for Blackberry and on Ebay there are hardly any and this one I have added in the URL above is only 70 Clicks from where I live. To try and get one from the USA would cost more than the wallet. Maybe on Crackberry there is a kind of shop or someone selling one....I'll have a look. Anyway's guy's thanks for all your help. Best to all from Sunny Spain Ole !.
    06-04-15 09:28 AM
    It was locked with a password at that moment I think.

Posted via CB10
    I doubt that very much.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 09:53 AM
    I doubt that very much.

Posted via CB10
    It was locked with a password and I hit the emergency service button. This was on my z10 btw

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Daanisawesome; 06-04-15 at 11:43 AM.
    06-04-15 10:09 AM
    I had the same problem. The issue was the "Loft to Wake" feature in the "advanced Interactions" menu. No problems since disabling that. It is way to sensitive and activated the phone and unlocked it every time I moved it.
    06-04-15 11:18 AM
    Hi and thank you all for some great advice and help with many ideas for me to look into and try on the PP with that said dare I ask you guys what you think of this product Blackberry Passport Cases

As you can see the case looks a very nice quality and is real leather but with no auto screen off. However and this is what would worry me about this type of case is that is has thousads of little succession cups which hold the phone to the wallet Hmmmm!!!. Now I tried one of these on an iphone I had a few years ago and it did not hold very well. Have any of you guys tried one of these wallets with the little succession cups on the back?. .
    Hmm, I really like the design, but I am generally averse to adding sticky tape directly to the back of the phone. It's unclear to me whether the backing is tacky like a tape adhesive or if it actually works on the principals of suction cups. They mention both:

Hundreds and hundreds of inappreciable suction pads produce spaces of emptiness in between the tape and the device.
    and
    The tape has enough strength to keep 0.5 kilo of weight.
    I really like Stilgut's Passport cases, which look very similar to the one you posted but are snap-on for a more secure fit and no issues of glues or adhesives.

You can get them with a snapping side lock like the one I linked or without the snapping side lock. The difference is that you can snap the case closed over the Passport vs. having a case that can swing open easily. If you pocket your phone a lot, the first makes a lot of sense because it will keep your phone case covering your phone's screen 24/7 in your pocket. If you access your phone a lot, the latter makes a bit more sense since you wouldn't have to fiddle with the snap latch as often.
    06-04-15 11:53 AM
    You have a few options. You could either turn the swipe gesture off and use the power key, grab a screen cover such as the OEM leather one, or you could use what I do and grab a holster.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 12:15 PM
    Hi Daanisawsome. Yep it is definantly a swipe or power on and off button. Maybe there is an app like on android where you have 4 rows of numbers and you swipe your finger over a set code to unlock it instead of having to type in a password overtime on the keyboard. I will have to keep exploring. My last blackberry was an 8700 so I have a big learning curve ahead :-)

Many Thanks
    There is a picture password facility which behaves pretty much as you describe for Android. It doesn't require a third party app though - it is built-in but, by default, is not active. You can activate it under Settings>Security and Privacy>Device Password.
    06-05-15 12:35 AM
    Pocket calls... I made a stupid simple app that will make a sound and/or vibrate if it unlocks in my pocket. Like this:
    Is it a Problem or do I need Time ?.-img_20150509_005819.png

You just leave it open and that's it, unless your pocket swipes up it'll stay and annoy you till you lock it again.

If you want it let me know
    06-05-15 02:05 AM
    Hi rltilley. Yes I have just been looking at that a few minutes ago and it just seems a shame that if you put a password in it will still swipe and also turn phone on and off so it didn't seem to work for me, as I am back to Blackberry again I may need to try it again as I could have made a mess of doing it lol. Seems the best option though. Obviously can't be sure if when its in my pocket it's the swipe action that is activating the phone or the bottom or top of my pocket touching the power on/ Power off button on the top. Maybe a nice case is the answer.

Many Thanks
    Hi, I have the same problem (it seems worse after I dropped the phone onto a tile floor).

I now have to long-press-K to lock the phone every time before I put it back in my pocket.

It's weird what it can do when unlocked in your pocket - it rearranged all of my "Quick Settings"!

Hope this helps.
    06-05-15 12:12 PM
    PocketSafe is out now, and you can get it free for a limited time (promo ends August 1st).

Promo code:
    POCKETSAFEFREE

If you prefer paying for it , head over here :
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/59967056

Posted via CB10
    07-28-15 09:33 PM
36 12