07-28-15 09:33 PM
36 12
tools
    Hi. I have been using my passport for a few days now and is fantastic such a new breath of fresh air from iPhone and Boring android. Just got a few problems though. When I put it in my pocket and get it out again there are various maps open and running, today a few calls made and I did not even take it out of my pocket. If I turn swipe off I can't see the peak notifications and have to use the power key to see any news notifications and if I turn swipe back on I get all of the previously mentioned problems. How have you guys got yours set up so it doesn't activate anything while in your pocket?.

Many Thanks
    06-03-15 02:01 PM
    I've never experienced this myself with any BB10 phone, but I know a lot do. Try not placing your screen toward your leg/skin.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 02:04 PM
    Do you have a password on the phone? It would be odd to have a password to unlock the phone & have this happen but I can see it happening without one set up.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 02:06 PM
    I've had this problem, turning off the swipe feature was the only fix.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 02:07 PM
    Hi dna47. OK I will try that although sometimes when you are getting calls, translating, watching what clients are doing etc it's a bit difficult to remember which way to put it back in your pocket but I will give it a go

Thanks for your answer.
    06-03-15 02:16 PM
    Hi rltilley. Yes I have just been looking at that a few minutes ago and it just seems a shame that if you put a password in it will still swipe and also turn phone on and off so it didn't seem to work for me, as I am back to Blackberry again I may need to try it again as I could have made a mess of doing it lol. Seems the best option though. Obviously can't be sure if when its in my pocket it's the swipe action that is activating the phone or the bottom or top of my pocket touching the power on/ Power off button on the top. Maybe a nice case is the answer.

Many Thanks
    06-03-15 02:22 PM
    Hi Daanisawsome. Yep it is definantly a swipe or power on and off button. Maybe there is an app like on android where you have 4 rows of numbers and you swipe your finger over a set code to unlock it instead of having to type in a password overtime on the keyboard. I will have to keep exploring. My last blackberry was an 8700 so I have a big learning curve ahead :-)

Many Thanks
    06-03-15 02:29 PM
    It happened to me too. I took the phone out of my pocket and realized it was unlocked and the screen was on. So yes, turning off the swipe seems to have stopped this issue

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 02:32 PM
    As stated, the best option is a password... I have a password on my Passport, and never have this issue.
    06-03-15 02:37 PM
    I have a very nice "Stilgut" brand case for my passport which shuts down/locks the screen when closed. It's very thin, relatively speaking, and looks nice as well. It all fits in my front jeans pocket quite nicely.
    One of these will solve the issue and doesn't detract from form or function at all.
    Last edited by Beakman; 06-03-15 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Grrrrrrammar!
    06-03-15 02:45 PM
    As stated, the best option is a password... I have a password on my Passport, and never have this issue.
    Problem with a password is it might call the emergency services by accident (112/911) when it's unlocked

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 02:49 PM
    It has never happen to me, but ok.
    Problem with a password is it might call the emergency services by accident (112/911) when it's unlocked

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 02:52 PM
    I had the same problem, and the only fix for me was the turn swipe off.

Meanwhile I really enjoy unlocking my phone using U + Return.

I feel like the distance you have to swipe to unlock the phone has changed dramatically and that causes this. I remember having that issue with my day one Z10, but very rarely. With the old OS I think you had to swipe the middle of the screen at least to unlock. With my Passport now I can just give it a little swipe from the bottom 20% of the screen and the phone will unlock.

It would be a nice feature if I could control that distance.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 03:03 PM
    Lock your phone?

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 03:17 PM
    Although I haven't had this problem I do recommend a flip style case with a sleep magnet in it. I have two and I love them (ones actually a wallet case with no magnet). Not bulky, device is safe and when I open the cover, phone is awake and on the screen I left it on.

I got mine from Tetded.

Is it a Problem or do I need Time ?.-img_20150412_155416.png
    Is it a Problem or do I need Time ?.-img_20150412_155348.png

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 05:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    Do you mean when it's locked? Because any brand of phone can call emergency services when it's unlocked.

But if you meant when it's locked, yeah that's possible, anything is possible. But the odds are very low. First you have to accidentally hit the emergency key. Then you have to accidently dial 911, it's not programmed in, you have to physically input the numbers. Then you would have to accidently hit CALL. All in that specific order with no mistakes. Good luck randomly doing that.

And I'm talking about password locked. Not the simple locked screen.
    06-03-15 07:39 PM
    Do you mean when it's locked? Because any brand of phone can call emergency services when it's unlocked.

But if you meant when it's locked, yeah that's possible, anything is possible. But the odds are very low. First you have to accidentally hit the emergency key. Then you have to accidently dial 911, it's not programmed in, you have to physically input the numbers. Then you would have to accidently hit CALL. All in that specific order with no mistakes. Good luck randomly doing that.

And I'm talking about password locked. Not the simple locked screen.
    I dialed the emergency services by accident once because of the "swipe to wake". I have turned this feature off since then.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 07:47 PM
    I dialed the emergency services by accident once because of the "swipe to wake". I have turned this feature off since then.

Posted via CB10
    Was your phone password locked at that time?
    06-03-15 07:50 PM
    Was your phone password locked at that time?
    It was locked with a password at that moment I think.

Posted via CB10
    06-03-15 08:05 PM
    I have this same issue when in my thin sweat pants (only front pockets available). It didn't matter which way the phone was turned, things got touched on the screen. When in my jeans, the phone always goes in the back pocket, to which I never had this issue no matter how the phone is turned. When in the front pockets with my keys, the phone will randomly come on. Anyway, since it's mostly in my back pocket, I don't really worry about this issue. I worry instead about accidentally sitting on the phone on a non-cushioned seat like a bench. See if the back pockets will work better for you. I didn't deactivate anything nor do I use a password though I should know better.
    06-03-15 08:05 PM
    Placing the phone in a trouser pocket always increases the chances of unlocking, dialing an emergency number, and activating an app. Remember, the constant motion of the phone in a pocket while it has any kind of contact against the screen might unlock it. Also, remember that pressing the "U" key turns on the screen.

If you have no choice but to place the phone in a trouser pocket, use a case which covers the front of the phone or a pouch.

I have placed my phone inside a jacket and suit pocket with no problems since there is minimum movement against the screen and no pressure on the keyboard to press the "U" key.

When I'm not wearing a jacket, the Passport goes in a holster.

Posted via CB10
    torco3 likes this.
    06-03-15 08:19 PM
    I have this same issue when in my thin sweat pants (only front pockets available). It didn't matter which way the phone was turned, things got touched on the screen. When in my jeans, the phone always goes in the back pocket, to which I never had this issue no matter how the phone is turned. When in the front pockets with my keys, the phone will randomly come on. Anyway, since it's mostly in my back pocket, I don't really worry about this issue. I worry instead about accidentally sitting on the phone on a non-cushioned seat like a bench. See if the back pockets will work better for you. I didn't deactivate anything nor do I use a password though I should know better.
    I used to not use password either then I learned a tough lesson. Not from the crazy gf looking through my phone but from friends getting a hold of your phone while using the bathroom and posting goofy remarks on social media sites pretending to be me. I admit it was funny as hell but it was a lesson learned to always password lock my phone now. Damn You!!!!! I'll get you back!!!
    06-03-15 08:21 PM
    As noted turn off swipe to unlock (you will then have to use the power button) and also set a password. You should be good to go!

Posted via the CrackBerry App with my Samsung Tab Pro 8.4
    06-04-15 01:20 AM
    You will lose only the 'Swipe to Wake' function - as one of unique function of BB10 OS.

I'm also experiencing the same unwanted dial or apps / games activation. I even suspected that 'one of my finger' Downthere is doing those unwanted activities... until I disable the 'Swipe to Wake' option...

Posted via CB10
    06-04-15 02:48 AM
    Turn off swipe to wake, and just use the letter U if you want to see your notifications. U and the enter key immediately after to unlock the phone.
    06-04-15 05:38 AM
36 12