Hey Guys,

I would like to know how you are using your BlackBerry Passport, as most of us must be professionnals. What is your routine, what applications you use, which situations that you use your Passport, etc.?

Don't hesitate to post screenshots! The question's range is wide (as our wonderful phone), but I want to maximize my usage of my Passport to be more effective.

Thanks for sharing!
    03-28-15 02:34 AM
    I used it quite regularly on my gf. Because simply its wide and she likes it.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 02:42 AM
    Hi, this is my first post. I use my phone for work and technically shouldn't due to IT policy unless it was my own Sim. We turned off our BES server due to cost and went to android a year ago. I initially liked the moto g we got for google maps but it required heavy customisation to get it right. I tried an iPhone but both failed as laptop replacements. Neither allowed me to add my conference bridge and battery life was rubbish. I bought my Passport mainly for the calendar app, email and battery life as well as the physical keyboard. It syncs excellently with exchange server and is great for conference calls and editing calendar entries at short notice or adding participants. Email is excellent and long replies are possible. The reality is I can carry just this phone for a day of meetings in London which I could not do with the Moto G I or iPhone. The main thing I miss from my 9790 is the lack of full compatibility with the Freedom Pro Bluetooth keyboard. That really made the blackberry a laptop in your pocket with all the shortcut keys. I wish someone made a driver for bb10.

Posted via CB10
    kthhrrsn and Plazmic Flame like this.
    03-28-15 06:03 AM
    Here are my thoughts:

I migrated to the Passport and BlackBerry having been a WindowsPhone user for many many years. I was drawn to the physical keyboard, larger screen plus the draw of blend/hub.

Battery life is pretty good. I can last 1.5days.

My usual routine is listen to music whilst I commute to work. Access eMail, News and blogs along the way. Using the cellular network.

In the office, it's calls calendar and the odd email. All via WiFi.

BlackBerry Blend is helpful, though I don't use it that regularly.
    BlackBerry Hub is a real boom. It's so helpful to store different types of communications in a central place. Just wish Skype could be integrated here too.

Overall I really enjoy the device. Having access to Amazon/Android apps adds to the appeal. However, for all the pluses I still miss WindowsPhone. Mainly for its completeness and being robust and cohesive. Cortana is amazing. It just works and is so logical. I also miss Nokia Maps.

There you go. Waffle over :!

BlackBerry Passport, UK
    eldrover likes this.
    03-28-15 06:47 AM
    Hi. Here I use the Passport mostly for email management. Due to the pkb and screen it is easy to write many long mails and messages, a simple job that my former iPhone was not the best at, tried the Ipad mini but it could no fit in my shirt pocket. PDF viewing and annotation are also possible, the screen and adobe PDF work very well. I also carry completed work photos as a sort of mobile catalog, again the screen is big enough for showing pics without the bulk of a phablet or and Ipad.
    For communications I use Skype, the speakers are very good so as a speakerphone the Passport works well. On the same line I listen to world news radio with Nobex. Regarding videos, the screen difference with my IPhone 5 is not too bothering and definitely I do not mind the black bars needed to compensate for the square screen, Fastube delivers as a YouTube client.

Posted via CB10 from Passport
    03-28-15 07:19 AM
    I do IT admin for a health care district. I use email, calender, and remember all the time. The hub is really nice, I like things organized. I like how it's customizable with colors and priority. I use Parrot for call recording if needed. Remote desktop and scanner xt come in real handy when I need them. I didn't think much of the file manager until I realized that with link installed on a computer that computer shows up in file manager.
    03-28-15 11:41 AM
    Hi. This is my first post at CB.
    I'm an IT consultant/engineer. I was long time iPhone user (iPhone 4 and iPhone 5). Week ago I have made a switch and I don't regret it. I have to admit that CB community was very helpful to make my decision when I was conducting my research ;-)
    I'm using my PP mainly for phone calls, emails, planning my work. iPhone was ok for reading emails, checking my appointments, etc. but it was pain in the a** for entering them. I had to, in almost all cases, get my laptop or PC to do this. Now everything have changed. Thanks to Hub I can easily manage most of my work in one place. BB Cisco VPN client is a the first non-windows client which works great with my company's VPN, so for the first time I can do most of my office related tasks while traveling (which is a lot).
    I'm even considering purchasing a RDP client to get more work done on the road.
    Few of my clients are using Juniper's Junos Pulse VPN client and I can't make it work with my BBPP :-( . I think it is my only issue I have discovered so far...
    There is only one app crucial for my work, that I have sideloaded, but it is region specific so I suspected that it will not be available at BB World (maybe in the future). I'd love to see more native apps, although latest 10.3.1.2582 android runtime performs well.
    For my leisure time (if it is even possible in my line of work) I'm using FeedMinder to get most recent news and native FB client to contact with my friends and family. Maybe FB client is not great but Hub integration makes up for it.
    I even like BB Maps (TomTom has a decent coverage in Poland) and considering retire my old Navigon GPS navigation.

In conclusion, Passport is the best mobile device I've ever owned , although I haven't discovered even half of its awesome features ;-)

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 02:49 PM
    Hi.
    I have the Passport running for email and communications.
    Writing, reading, forwarding emails.
    Calendar is the second thing I look at....I have Outlook and Gmail on the native clenar and it all works very well. Scheduling and reminders are a a pleasure to work with.
    Weather app is important.
    Travel app as well is up there when traveling.
    The Google maps does not work unless I am signed in, I guess. So I do not use it.
    I do use the Blackberry Maps and that functions well.

Oh, by the way, it is also very useful as a phone! Clear sound, good speaker for hand free.
    03-28-15 04:15 PM
    I got my Passport strictly for business. I just started as a Health Insurance Agent and would like to know if there are any others in sales and how they are using their Passport.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-15 04:38 PM
    Wow, thank you guys for your replies. So amazing to see how everybody can find their way to maximize their usage of BB Passport!
    03-29-15 12:22 AM
    I'm a used car director for an automotive group and oversee bmw, mazda and volkswagen. I use my passport for everything automotive related, from reading emails and reports, texting among management and sales at different locations, communicating with customers, appraising vehicles using camera to scan vins, to buying vehicles through my phone. It does almost everything. Oh and I play crossy road and read cb.

Red BlackBerry Passport
    03-29-15 12:56 AM
    Nice Marcin, thanks for sharing!
    03-29-15 01:19 AM
    I work in the sales dept of the pharmaceutical company Abbott. I travel a lot and my work involves mainly field work meeting Drs. I use the passport for seeing heavy sales files. The 3 GB ram opens up big files in a jiffy. Also the wide screen helps me in seeing the excel sheets comfortably.
    I also use the OTG facility to upload or download files. When leaving my home for fieldwork if in a hurry I just transfer my excel filed in the passport using the BlackBerry Blend ( not possible with iOS of Android). I also use the passport to sending mass text messages to my team of 90. Composing and sending mails is a breeze compared to iOS, Android or Windows ( I have used all the other OS also). Heavy battery gets me through the entire day. My full battery at 9 am survives with 15-20% remaining at 11 or 11.30 pm in the night. I stopped carrying the power bank now. Please not that my 3G is on throughout the day. I used to use an iPad for seeing big excel sheets. Now with the passport the usage of iPad is minimal or nil. Other daily used apps like FB, Whatsapp etc are available in blackberry world or amazon app store. If not then the other apps can be side loaded. Also I find the night mode very useful. Even with the 3G on and the phone on night mode the battery used is less that 10% for the entire night from 12 midnight to around 6 or 6.30 am. Wow!! With the facility to put in external media card upto 128 GB I can store any number of files for ready reference in field work. Can transfer files using the Bluetooth which is not possible in iPhone. The usage is endless and I can go on and on!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 02:34 AM
    I am holding my BlackBerry Passport 95% of the time im awake.i tried hugging it to sleep too before.

Before I sleep I gotta check my BlackBerry Passport,when I wake up I gotta check my BlackBerry Passport.

I use my BlackBerry Passport for BBM(400+ contacts),emails(7 emails),phone calls and sms.everythings better than I expected.

I dont even touch my MacBook Pro Retina as much as I used to ever since I got a BlackBerry Passport.i dont even remember where I put my iPad Mini Retina or Galaxy Tab S.

And the best part is ever since I got my BlackBerry Passport,i stopped using my iPhone 6 and Note 4.now my iPhone 6 and Note 4 is there to just remind me that more expensive doesnt mean better.but from my own point of view.

Sent via CB10 from my BlackBerryElite
    Syrc, kekos and Marcin Dabrowsky like this.
    03-29-15 03:49 AM
    Slicktasks (old todo matrix user - wish this app had a copy task feature). IMO, this task management software is better than the remember app

Onenote - all my notes and project task lists.

Calendar - outlook.com exchange. All of my appointments and task (tasks sync to calendar with Slicktaks) sync to my pc, surface pro and passport

KEYBOARD Shortcuts for launching apps are awesome

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 08:55 AM
    Emails are my primary as my work require a lot of emailing on the go.

And with physical keyboard, I try to reply messages from my Passport more than on my Nokia 1520.

MBFan-WHITE PASSPORT
    03-29-15 09:39 AM
    I used to have the 9900 supplied buy work and as they were replacing with Windows and iPhone I decided to purchase the Passport as a BYOD.

I use it for the following:

Business.... eMail (multiple), calendar, phone, LinkedIn, BBtravel, Concur (expense reports), Entrust from VPN access codes, and BBM with my team in Europe, China, Taiwan and Singapore. Having BBM cross platform is great especially for BBM voice. New York Times and BBC News for keeping up with happenings in the world. Blend and Link, especially for accessing files back on my laptop which I seldom take with me on short trips now.

Personal.... Facebook, Banking, interfacing with HVAC, Netflix, stocks, various forums like CB. Google Voice and an occasional Skype call, browsing and much more.

And I have it connected to my Pebble Steel.

Best device ever, and I have been using BlackBerry devices for at least 15 years, maybe longer, started with the pager.

Passport running on 10.3.1.2576
    03-29-15 10:18 AM
    I'm very happy also with my Passport! It does almost everything for me except for diagnosing and managing patients!

The following are how I use the BlackBerry Passport from waking up til bedtime.

1. Alarm Clock to be able to make rounds early
    2. Calendar for checking appointments and meetings.
    3. Music and FM radio while on the road to and from work.
    4. Remember app for things to buy if I'm in a shopping mall, supermarket, or even bookstore. I have separate folders for each.
    5. Evernote app for taking down quick notes in a conference, meeting, or even during church service. It's even integrated in my Remember app.
    6. Adobe for reading clinical practice guidelines.
    7. Browser for reading medical conditions, challenging cases, adverse effects of drugs, mobile banking, bills payments, and even stock trading
    8. Viber, FB, camera for social media.
    9. SMS and Phone calls for discussing with colleagues about pxs and plans for management.
    10. Pictures and camera for comfortable viewing of x rays and scans.
    11. Bluetooth for file transfer (this was frustrating with Apple!)

... and the list goes on. I have minimized use of my laptop now except for making long reports on Word and PPT and watching movies. Other than these, my Passport is my hero!

Posted via my Pretty WhiteBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    kekos likes this.
    03-29-15 10:24 AM
    Everything except website updates. I can't find an app that allows me to do web updates as easily as dreamweaver allows. When I do, the laptop will be retired permanently.

BLΛCKBΣЯЯY ⓟⓐⓢⓢⓟⓞⓡⓣ
    03-29-15 10:30 AM
    I use my phone mainly for business, but I see no reason to carry two devices. I would say BBM, email, text, and the browser get used most. I had to download the flash browser for when I go to sites and I need to see a video clip.

Having the wide screen means not having to zoom, pan, and scan. I can read what I need, approve, share, carry on with tasks in seconds. BlackBerry Blend is a huge timesaver.

Finally, the battery, I love it. I can be active all day and still not worry about it. Everyone else I know still runs around looking for chargers.

Just wish the camera were better. Focus and lighting need work.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 01:08 PM
    Thanks guys, really interesting to read!

Posted via CB10 on a BlackBerry Passport proudly powered by TLUS
    03-29-15 10:46 PM
    It's my daily driver for work, and personal communications.

It functions flawlessly for what i use it for. Not big on social media, but everything else it's my goto device that just works for me.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 11:06 PM
    Hi, this is my first post. I use my phone for work and technically shouldn't due to IT policy unless it was my own Sim. We turned off our BES server due to cost and went to android a year ago. I initially liked the moto g we got for google maps but it required heavy customisation to get it right. I tried an iPhone but both failed as laptop replacements. Neither allowed me to add my conference bridge and battery life was rubbish. I bought my Passport mainly for the calendar app, email and battery life as well as the physical keyboard. It syncs excellently with exchange server and is great for conference calls and editing calendar entries at short notice or adding participants. Email is excellent and long replies are possible. The reality is I can carry just this phone for a day of meetings in London which I could not do with the Moto G I or iPhone. The main thing I miss from my 9790 is the lack of full compatibility with the Freedom Pro Bluetooth keyboard. That really made the blackberry a laptop in your pocket with all the shortcut keys. I wish someone made a driver for bb10.

Posted via CB10
    Nice first post! And I agree with your comments. I frequently use my Passport exclusively and only use my laptop minimally now.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-15 11:10 PM
    In addition to the normal things (I mean Hub, doc and so on), I use my Passport to access CRM while on the move. BB Travel and Map are used quite often. And various other little stuff. In the evening, I put on the parental mode and let my little girl plays her kiddy girly games for a little while.
    When I reinstall Skype, I am sure I would use the phone to fry an egg after a long Skype session.

Posted from my Passport
    03-30-15 09:08 AM
    By the way, which one is the best app to manage my laptop from the passport? I need this to use phone as a remote control for presentations while I can see the content in the passport screen. I am a university teacher in architecture...

Posted via CB10
    03-30-15 09:35 AM