I wonder if this site will change its name soon. The Passport is only about 18 months old, and it's being ignored because Mommy & Daddy Chen brought home the new baby Priv!

Posted via CB10
    BerrySoul and somendra_meena like this.
    01-01-16 10:39 PM
    What is there to say about the Passport specifically? Please, tell me in extensive detail.
    01-01-16 10:43 PM
    What information about the Passport are you looking for?
    01-01-16 10:47 PM
    BlackBerry went android. Get over it.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-16 10:47 PM
    I really wish I could. I just returned to BlackBerry, after a two year android affair. I have an S5 as my work device, and I was always interested in the Passport since it's release. Just because a new device appears does that mean the older ones are useless? I'm sure the Priv is a great device if a person is looking for an Android-Blackberry hybrid experience. I know I came to the Passport party a little late. But is the party completely over?

Posted via CB10
    01-01-16 10:56 PM
    I really wish I could. I just returned to BlackBerry, after a two year android affair. I have an S5 as my work device, and I was always interested in the Passport since it's release. Just because a new device appears does that mean the older ones are useless? I'm sure the Priv is a great device if a person is looking for an Android-Blackberry hybrid experience. I know I came to the Passport party a little late. But is the party completely over?

Posted via CB10
    You still haven't said what you want to know. There is a ton of Passport info here.
    01-01-16 11:02 PM
    I apologize for not being clear. The Passport forum is great. And I understand the new device will get all the attention. But the home page seems to be solely Priv centric. It's not a criticism, Just an observation.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-16 11:38 PM
    I apologize for not being clear. The Passport forum is great. And I understand the new device will get all the attention. But the home page seems to be solely Priv centric. It's not a criticism, Just an observation.

Posted via CB10
    The Priv in essence is the hail mary for BlackBerry's handset division. Hence the ample coverage. Furthermore, things have slowed down considerably on the BB10 front, with little to cover outside of what they've for the most part covered. It's not that the BlackBerry 10 devices are useless, it's just there isn't any new news to cover.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-16 11:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    Naturally, the Priv is new and the Passport is not. Much less to talk about on that front.

No sense posting articles past their expiry date.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-02-16 01:02 AM
    Naturally, the Priv is new and the Passport is not. Much less to talk about on that front.

No sense posting articles past their expiry date.
    But the PP is one BlackBerry's best selling devices, esp. in the BB10 era with a lot of users residing here. And this is a community. So no need to make the PP feel redundant. There's always stuff to write about, for example, a weekly recurring article about a great Passport feature (highlight) could be done for some time. An occasional short interview with a PP user could be interesting as well, esp. if it's someone who's not (or very rarely) on CrackBerry.

I could probably come up with more ideas today.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    01-02-16 01:25 AM
    But the PP is one BlackBerry's best selling devices, esp. in the BB10 era with a lot of users residing here. And this is a community. So no need to make the PP feel redundant. There's always stuff to write about, for example, a weekly recurring article about a great Passport feature (highlight) could be done for some time. An occasional short interview with a PP user could be interesting as well, esp. if it's someone who's not (or very rarely) on CrackBerry.

Frankly, most features are OS-level, and anything Passport-specific would have been dug up some time between two Septembers ago and now. I can think of pinch to zoom with the keyboard as of 10.3.2 as the first (and only, at the moment) example of novel Passport features that comes to the top of my head, and the other Passport features are found within the (well-covered) marketing fluff about working wide with a pinch keyboard or whatever. So going on and on about the Passport in that way would be redundant, since it would give equal reasoning for articles on how to do feature X (the exact same way) on a Passport, Classic, Q10, etc. In essence, the exact same space filler articles as whenever a device is released and the same article explaining basic phone functions has the names replaced to match the new phone. Since this is a community, one would want to include the other devices, no? Unless one wants the Classic contingent or the Leap contingent (all six of them) to get angry. Of course, having the same article in septuplicate would get boring fast, hence why that is not done 24/7.

As for there being "always stuff to write about", I'm fairly confident that one has exhausted everything Passport-specific (and BB10-specific, but I digress) in fifteen months. Besides the usual slow drip of weekly app roundups, accessories and generic articles churned out by the cross-site writers, one would have to make news from non-news in order to put out Passport-centric news at such a pace. Checking the front page, and excluding categories that are just forum links or haven't been updated in a century, I see news, rumors, deals, but nothing about "faffing about for the sake of an article".

For a good alternative to lamenting the lack of yesterday's news, read the forums.

And, in all honesty, "best selling BlackBerry" is about as much an accomplishment as "shortest giant".
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-02-16 01:51 AM
    Bb10 os updates ain't frequent. Priv android have more news to report.
    01-02-16 02:37 AM
    Not really. We still have BB10 and will probably still have it for some time.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-16 07:20 AM
    Android crap.

  
    bodjor likes this.
    01-10-16 04:37 AM
    Android crap.

  
    Fanboy crap.

*C5303
    01-10-16 04:42 AM
    Obviously more News with BlackBerrys first Android device other than that everything still the same here cannot understand the complaint .??
    01-10-16 07:09 AM
    Why is it that diehards of a particular OS call other diehards of a different OS "fanboys" but not themselves? Pot calling the kettle......
    01-10-16 07:15 AM

Where is the data the passport is one of the best selling BlackBerry's?

It happens whenever any new model is released here. The previous models section dies down. Been that way forever.
    01-10-16 07:39 AM
    I wonder if this site will change its name soon. The Passport is only about 18 months old, and it's being ignored because Mommy & Daddy Chen brought home the new baby Priv!

Posted via CB10
    It's never a good thing to be jealous of your younger siblings. :-)

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 10:03 AM
    And, in all honesty, "best selling BlackBerry" is about as much an accomplishment as "shortest giant".
    Or the "tallest midget"?
    01-10-16 05:20 PM
    Android crap.

  
    You state that as fact when it's actually your opinion. Hundreds of millions of Android users would probably disagree.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv.
    01-10-16 05:34 PM
    Its true Priv is getting lots of attention, simple because it's the latest device.

When the next device is released it will get lots of attention. It's just the way it works. The Passport is an excellent device but it's yesterdays news.

01-10-16 05:36 PM

Posted via CB10
    The Passport is a great device with lots of post about it. In the tech world 18 months is pretty old.

01-10-16 05:39 PM
    Personally I could care less about the priv it's just another android device with a pkb that seems to be more disliked than anything else. If you like it great however it isn't by any stretch the best android atm heck you can get a zenfone2 slap a MM rom on it and bam it's even more secure than what the priv offers for dirt cheap and decent specs.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 05:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not really sure what your complaining about.

Crackberry reports news.

The Priv is new and that's what most of the news is about. If some new information comes out for another device they will report on it but there isn't much news to report on for BB10 devices currently.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-16 05:55 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD