So I have a passport which I love dearly and don't want to switch over to a full android phone. But lately there has been no love for the passport from devs. I want to keep some of the blackberry functions so i've been looking at the priv. There are some apps that I would like to use without having that annoying google play warning show up. Whats stopping me is that I love BB 10 os over android. Should I just tough it out until or start moving towards a new phone

Posted via CB10
    schlemer likes this.
    06-15-16 02:53 PM
    For most (but not all), when they make the switch... they wonder why they waited so long.
    06-15-16 03:07 PM
    3 months later and the wife is complaining about the priv. I keep telling her, I don't know did you update it? no complaints from teenaged daughter
    06-15-16 03:37 PM
    As long as you don't mind tracking by Google. I don't like their tracking so I won't buy one, but you may feel differently. If you want to go Android, there are plenty of good Android phones out there. For me, I believe it is basically the antithesis of everything Blackberry stood for, security, and privacy, so I really cannot believe they went that direction. Oh well, it is what it is, but I won't be buying one.
    andy957 likes this.
    06-15-16 04:14 PM
    See that's what is keeping me away from it at the moment. I understand that blackberry needs to survive but Chen is not looking at nor supporting the company's own software which upsets me. There are thousands of android phones out there. Lets get back to making bb10 even better then what it already is. Not a fan of all touch devices I like my keyboard with a touch screen

Posted via CB10
    06-15-16 05:21 PM
    If you wanna go Android, I would suggest go get one but not the Priv.
    06-15-16 06:59 PM
    So I have a passport which I love dearly and don't want to switch over to a full android phone. But lately there has been no love for the passport from devs. I want to keep some of the blackberry functions so i've been looking at the priv. There are some apps that I would like to use without having that annoying google play warning show up. Whats stopping me is that I love BB 10 os over android. Should I just tough it out until or start moving towards a new phone

Posted via CB10
    I wanted to love my Priv but sent it back, I'd sold my old Passport so I had to purchase a new one. I put Cobalt on the Passport and not being an App junkie, can say that I can be content with my Passport for years to come.
    06-16-16 07:32 AM
    For most (but not all), when they make the switch... they wonder why they waited so long.
    What, you've polled every Priv owner? May I see the scientific poll?
    06-16-16 07:34 AM
    I personally love my BlackBerry priv,

I sold my passport and I made the transition quite easily, my hands aren't that big so the keyboard is perfect!

The hub isn't as fluid as BlackBerry 10 and will never be, let me just put that out, it's an APP on the device blackberry updates and tries to improve,

So far it does the job.

Let me say the priv is a beast of a device, I have 80 android apps on it and there is no lag, I get around 4 hours and 40 minutes SOT on it and I really enjoy the experience,

I'm running mm.

Don't get me wrong, I loved my passport and I was broken to let it go, but my priv has made me smile a lot.

How ever... if they make an android passport I would have no hesitation to go and get one and get rid of the priv because I preferred the design over the priv.

With blackberry 10 dying it's a change you need to make eventually, jumping ship now while you above water is a wise move.

Good luck in your choice.
    06-16-16 11:53 AM
    Just ordered my priv today from amazon for $417. It ill be here tonight. Gonna miss my passport but I think it is time to move on from one of the if not greatest os BlackBerry has made.

Posted via CB10
    Lefty724 likes this.
    06-19-16 03:11 PM
    Just ordered my priv today from amazon for $417. It ill be here tonight. Gonna miss my passport but I think it is time to move on from one of the if not greatest os BlackBerry has made.

Posted via CB10

LOL! Give u 3 weeks before ur back here with ur Passport back in hand!!!
    kanungoash likes this.
    06-19-16 06:02 PM
    I got the Priv for my wife and every time I have to work on it, I get frustrated. It looks nice but I personally hate the OS. She's had zero problems so far and loves it.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-16 07:37 PM
    We shall see my friend we shall see.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-16 07:57 PM
    I'd get the Priv if it were less expensive. I don't like Android, so spending that much on a system I don't care for isn't going to happen.

If it were running BlackBerry 10 I would have bought it the day it went on sale.

Posted via CB10
    06-19-16 08:08 PM
    I got the Priv for my wife and every time I have to work on it, I get frustrated. It looks nice but I personally hate the OS. She's had zero problems so far and loves it.

Posted via CB10
    It takes a while to get used to. When I used the Priv daily, I got used to it after a full two weeks of using it. I came back to BB10 because for some reason the battery on the Priv was dying way too quickly for my liking.

It's phone you definitely need to use for a while to get used.

 Posted via my Red Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2876 
    06-19-16 08:19 PM
    It's exactly 3 weeks and my passport arrives tomorrow.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-20-16 01:09 PM
    It's exactly 3 weeks and my passport arrives tomorrow.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    /
    06-20-16 06:11 PM