As low as possible!! LOL

But I am willing to pay anything around $650 without a contract. If it's listed at $700, I will have to squeeze my balls just to such it up. So my take is no more than $700.

BlackBerry Z10 10.2.1.3175
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    06-21-14 08:18 AM
    I Believe the BlackBerry Passport will be sold Sim Free for �549.95 at launch in the UK.
    A reasonable guesstimate. But it's a very high-end device. And will be priced accordingly. Expect an unlocked RRP of around �629.

Posted via CB10
    keypad likes this.
    06-21-14 08:47 AM
    Expect an unlocked price in the UK of around �629.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 08:49 AM
    Timing of the launch worldwide will also matter. The more places its available at once the better feedback the company gets. Secondly, there will be many high end phones getting launched at that time around with much more hype eg iphone 6, etc etc. The unavoidable hype. Launch of BlackBerry Passport should be smooth and in many places same time. Dont make people wait, everyone is thinking they can buy it in September and finally it will be only one country mostly UK getting it in September, others will be waiting till next year, this shouldn't be the case with this high potential phone.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 01:10 PM
    Since it's launching in Europe first, I'll say 400 euro dollars.

Z10 on Telus
    Blackberry new devices are always overpriced.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-14 02:13 PM
    I reckon the same price range as other high end phone form different manufacturers like Samsung HTC etc, except Apple, they can do what they like and get away with it......BBRY really can't afford to keep overpricing their devices at this point......
    Blackberry is not in a position to charge the same prices as the competition. I really hope they keep this in mind.

The usual $700 BlackBerry sells all its flagship devices at.
    If so they are out of their minds. That pricing will guarantee poor sales. This is on top of the fact that the resale value of the Passport will likely tank immediately and that reselling the device in general will be difficult because of the peculiar design and keyboard...$700 price is out to lunch.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    szlevi likes this.
    06-22-14 09:59 AM
    It should be like the (now overpriced) Z30 right now, $400-500 (USD) because pricing it anywhere higher would kill the buzz immediately. Previous clueless CEO proved it several times, causing a billion-dollar inventory writedown for the current guy so let's avoid this mess (and yes, I know, Foxconn alleviates most of it - but not all of it.) They need to move VOLUMES which will generate visibility and provider, developer etc interests - they need to sacrifice some profit margin or there won't be enough takers, no matter how nice the product looks.
    dejanh likes this.
    06-22-14 10:25 AM
    Sprint btych asses: 700 off contract. 300 with 2yr contract and 50.00 mail in rebate.

I hate Sprint. But what imma do???
    06-22-14 11:13 AM
    Passport = $599 - $699 CAD off contract

Classic = $499 - $599 CAD off contract
    06-22-14 11:48 AM
    Passport = $599 - $699 CAD off contract

Classic = $499 - $599 CAD off contract
    It's a premium phone, so we're going to see premium pricing.

Use the Passport and Classic as "halo" devices and reel in the public with an off contract CAD200 LTE Z3.

That ought to get people talking. What a line-up: Passport, Classic, Z30, Q10, Z10, Q5, Z3, and let's not forget the relaunched 9900.
    06-22-14 12:23 PM
    It's a premium phone, so we're going to see premium pricing.

Use the Passport and Classic as "halo" devices and reel in the public with an off contract CAD200 LTE Z3.

That ought to get people talking. What a line-up: Passport, Classic, Z30, Q10, Z10, Q5, Z3, and let's not forget the relaunched 9900.
    In what sense do you mean a 'Premium Phone' though?

I agree it's likely to be the flagship going forward, and it'll run well with great software and be extremely well engineered. But that alone doesn't justify a place in the top tier price bracket.

In the mobile space 'premium' means specs. It means the flashiest newest chip. And there is no reason what so ever why BB would want to use a new chip in the new phones. I mean, really, there isn't. There aren't applications that need more power, and there aren't any blackberry users who care about specs at this point. If you ever cared about specs at all then you left blackberry in 2009.

So I just can't see BB putting out a device that in the top tier price bracket. They just can't keep pace with the rest of the industry on specs, and specs are what convince people to spend an extra few hundred on a device than they really need to. I mean, the 'blackberry is premium' stuff died with Thorston, and while it didn't fail it didn't do well.

It makes radically more sense to me for BB to use the same chips for another generation and focus on giving the best experience possible on software. It'll bring down the cost per device, much of the cost of development is already done which increases profit margins and it'll let BB sit back on their reputation as being the device for communication over everything else.

I'm not saying that the Passport won't be a great device. I'm genuinely excited about it. But in all honesty if it launches as the same price as the latest, highest end Android devices I think the sales are going to be historically low for a blackberry and the reviews will savage it. Blackberry is definitely 'my device' and has been for a long time, but I know that buying a blackberry for the same price as an iPhone today is just terrible value for money. Hopefully BB understand that and re-position the company accordingly.
    szlevi and dejanh like this.
    06-22-14 04:01 PM
    The usual $700 BlackBerry sells all its flagship devices at.
    Yep - I expect $700 as well.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-14 04:20 PM
    Timing of the launch worldwide will also matter. The more places its available at once the better feedback the company gets. Secondly, there will be many high end phones getting launched at that time around with much more hype eg iphone 6, etc etc. The unavoidable hype. Launch of BlackBerry Passport should be smooth and in many places same time. Dont make people wait, everyone is thinking they can buy it in September and finally it will be only one country mostly UK getting it in September, others will be waiting till next year, this shouldn't be the case with this high potential phone.

Posted via CB10
    I doubt Passport will be launched worldwide. More like strategic markets in phases like the Z3. Huge inventory losses from Z10 is one reason. Second reason is Passport is not a consumer product, more for Enterprises. Third reason is it's a keyboard phone which is a niche market.
    06-22-14 05:21 PM
    Blackberry phones since the beginning of time where I live in Asia is always US$750 at launch. Keyboard users are very loyal and choice of devices in the keyboard segment are limited. Chen knows that and he will price it accordingly.
    06-22-14 05:26 PM
    In what sense do you mean a 'Premium Phone' though?

I agree it's likely to be the flagship going forward, and it'll run well with great software and be extremely well engineered. But that alone doesn't justify a place in the top tier price bracket.

In the mobile space 'premium' means specs. It means the flashiest newest chip. And there is no reason what so ever why BB would want to use a new chip in the new phones. I mean, really, there isn't. There aren't applications that need more power, and there aren't any blackberry users who care about specs at this point. If you ever cared about specs at all then you left blackberry in 2009.

So I just can't see BB putting out a device that in the top tier price bracket. They just can't keep pace with the rest of the industry on specs, and specs are what convince people to spend an extra few hundred on a device than they really need to. I mean, the 'blackberry is premium' stuff died with Thorston, and while it didn't fail it didn't do well.

It makes radically more sense to me for BB to use the same chips for another generation and focus on giving the best experience possible on software. It'll bring down the cost per device, much of the cost of development is already done which increases profit margins and it'll let BB sit back on their reputation as being the device for communication over everything else.

I'm not saying that the Passport won't be a great device. I'm genuinely excited about it. But in all honesty if it launches as the same price as the latest, highest end Android devices I think the sales are going to be historically low for a blackberry and the reviews will savage it. Blackberry is definitely 'my device' and has been for a long time, but I know that buying a blackberry for the same price as an iPhone today is just terrible value for money. Hopefully BB understand that and re-position the company accordingly.
    Wonderfully said. As stated before BlackBerry is not in a position to charge top tier prices no matter how "good" they feel are their phones. Certainly if they ask me to pay $700 for the Passport I will not buy it. I will wait until some other poor sap tosses it on Craigslist for $300 less because s/he did not like it and now can't sell it even close to retail because there is no demand. BlackBerry fans or not it's all about supply and demand. There is no demand for BlackBerry phones which means prices have to be lower and supplies have to be smaller.
    szlevi likes this.
    06-23-14 12:51 PM
    LostAlone, dejanh,

Good points and I mostly agree. What I meant by premium is BlackBerry Premium.

Spec baiting has never been BlackBerry's strong suit. I suppose that there is some internal pride at an OS that operates well without requiring high spec chips. So, premiun chip specs don't factor in.

BlackBerry Premium, to me, is the regard that BlackBerry has for Passport. If the thought is that this is the ultimate phone for businesses, then BlackBerry will price it that way. My experience is that business is less price sensitive than the consumer. If that is the market targeted and IF BlackBerry can make the case, I expect that the per device cost will be high. After all, John Chen has not made a secret that enterprise users are his current target audience.

That also is why I see the Passport and Classic as "halo" devices. They are devices to aspire to own, not intended for hoi polloi. Come in to see the Passport, but a Z30...
    06-23-14 01:53 PM
    i bouught my Q10 at launch for 580.00, in boston
    Maximum $700 I will buy one.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 04:31 PM
    If it is that high, they are doomed
    Yep - I expect $700 as well.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 04:33 PM
    LostAlone, dejanh,.

Come in to see the Passport, buy a Z30...
    ...buy a Z30... Typus Interuptus.
    06-23-14 04:35 PM
    Exactly.
    06-23-14 06:03 PM
    It would be great if they would charge less - but why expect different than what history has shown us? It's probably important for them to make every bit of margin on every device - since they don't sell as many as competitors.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-14 06:19 PM
    It would be great if they would charge less - but why expect different than what history has shown us? It's probably important for them to make every bit of margin on every device - since they don't sell as many as competitors.

Posted via CB10
    It's a fine line. Price too high and you will get so fewer sales any margin will be offset by the loss in numbers. Price too low with low uptake and take a hit on the margin. Neither is good. Blackberry needs competitive pricing that is sufficiently high but not out to lunch like the other top tier devices on the market.

06-23-14 07:18 PM
    lol it will be expensive as normal. If that swipe keyboard is true Its not cheap to make BB have never been cheap. Hilarious how people want premium goods and quality but complain about price.

Qwerty is niche market BB will never give a toss about selling to touch screen lovers. It will be expensive get over it..Competitive pricing with who?? they own qwerty. Its Well known you want quality qwerty get a BB cost x,y,c the end.
    06-24-14 11:40 AM
    JC has already signaled low expectations for smartphone sales volume saying that he only needs to sell 10 million units per year to make a profit. If you're going to sell that few phones then there isn't much volume to spread around your fixed costs, therefore, you're going to have to make a lot more margin per device than your larger volume competition. He's not promising a lot of volume be he certainly is promising to make a profit on smartphones. Look for less discounting.
    06-24-14 12:14 PM
    I'll have to wait a year or even more for price to drop if it's that high hope it won't be more than 599 �.

Why can't it be cheap as Nexus so everyone will get it?

06-26-14 02:04 PM
185 12345 ...