I believe pricing will be reasonable since it's being manufactured in Taiwan.
    06-26-14 02:58 PM
    If they where smart they would launch it at 499 US. That would be a price that might get some folks to cross over. I am hoping the new guy in charge has learned from the past. Just my two cents.
    Sent from my lovey z30 on T Mobile USA
    06-26-14 07:43 PM
    Well the z3 was a Foxconn device, I heard the classic is too, but the passport is a BlackBerry made device.

So I think the passport will be priced at basically the same as the z30 was at launch, $700.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-14 07:48 PM
    idk and i don't care, they will make money from me I'm willing to pay full retail as a tmobile customer.
    06-26-14 09:03 PM
    It won't hit 800 that's for sure

Posted via CB10
    06-27-14 05:01 AM
    If its more than an Iphone 5s then BlackBerry would just be ripping off their loyal customers.
    I'd say if they made sure it makes an iphone 5c look cheap and price match 5c 16Gb that would seen fair?
    06-27-14 11:54 AM
    I'd I'm hesitant to say I already put 700 away for it. However the more I think about the less I'm willing to spend that much on it. As much as I love BlackBerry and I know they can run android apps I'd rather spend the 700 on a high end android/android wear combo. I feel like they'd be asking too much if it was more the 500 at this point. Who knows though il probably buy it anyway.

Posted via CB10
    dejanh likes this.
    06-28-14 12:29 AM
    I am thinking between $700 - $800. Precedent: BlackBerry Bold 9900 is being sold at $400 right now at shopblackberry.com. So the same weed smoker(s) who set the price of Bold 9900 should be expected to do the same with Passport.
    neoberry99 likes this.
    06-28-14 12:40 AM
    Not a random guess, but being from tech field and always into mobile this phone should be around 47000-52000 INR which goes around 780 USD - 810 USD
    07-05-14 02:13 PM
    Not a random guess, but being from tech field and always into mobile this phone should be around 47000-52000 INR which goes around 780 USD - 810 USD
    The more i hear Chen talking about it (on recent interviews when he defines it for the businessmen but it might also please a larger crowd)the more i am afraid they'll price it very high.
    Once again a 810$ phone is a lot of money, but it corresponds to a fair change i'd buy it asap for 600 euro.
    If they price it 810 euro i'll have to wait, not for the 200 euro difference i could easily find, but:
    1- by principle i never spent more than 600 euro for a smartphone, and usually got my iphone for 400-500 euro instead of 650 euro on ebay (same for the Q10 360 euro instead of 599 euro)
    2- i don't like to be taken for a cash cow, if it's 810$ it's 600-max 630 euro with extra taxes, not 810 euro (1100$!!! the price of a macbook pro!!!)
    Let's hope they don't screw it with a premium price+ a thieving so-and-so strategy on the change euro/$
    07-05-14 02:29 PM
    Definitely new keyboard new look. About $650

BlackBerry10IsSoSuperCaliFragilisticExpialiDocious
    07-05-14 02:37 PM
    I am thinking between $700 - $800. Precedent: BlackBerry Bold 9900 is being sold at $400 right now at shopblackberry.com. So the same weed smoker(s) who set the price of Bold 9900 should be expected to do the same with Passport.
    Indeed. If they think the Blackberry brand commands such value they are out of their minds.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-05-14 05:05 PM
    On release, the Q10 costed 850 dollars... I don't expect a lesser price of the passport on release day... May be later on say after X-mas/new year, the device might be affordable!
    I count on my provider to upgrade... I hope T-Mobile (Germany) will support it!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    07-05-14 05:49 PM
    On release, the Q10 costed 850 dollars... I don't expect a lesser price of the passport on release day... May be later on say after X-mas/new year, the device might be affordable!
    I count on my provider to upgrade... I hope T-Mobile (Germany) will support it!

No early adoption for me then. If I have to pay top dollar for a device I would not get anything but an iPhone. Those things sell like hotcakes even if they are a year old and fetch a top dollar too.

07-05-14 07:41 PM
    No early adoption for me then. If I have to pay top dollar for a device I would not get anything but an iPhone. Those things sell like hotcakes even if they are a year old and fetch a top dollar too.

I set up an upper limit... i can't afford it if more than 600 so either i wait till I can buy it or I get lucky and I can upgrade (T-Mobile-D)

07-05-14 07:56 PM
    More than 600 and I'll go nexus. Seriously blackberry price to sell!

Posted via CB10
    neoberry99 likes this.
    07-06-14 02:44 AM
    More than 600 and I'll go nexus. Seriously blackberry price to sell!

Posted via CB10
    600 sounds fair.
    07-06-14 08:26 AM
    In what sense do you mean a 'Premium Phone' though?

I agree it's likely to be the flagship going forward, and it'll run well with great software and be extremely well engineered. But that alone doesn't justify a place in the top tier price bracket.

In the mobile space 'premium' means specs. It means the flashiest newest chip. And there is no reason what so ever why BB would want to use a new chip in the new phones. I mean, really, there isn't. There aren't applications that need more power, and there aren't any blackberry users who care about specs at this point. If you ever cared about specs at all then you left blackberry in 2009.

So I just can't see BB putting out a device that in the top tier price bracket. They just can't keep pace with the rest of the industry on specs, and specs are what convince people to spend an extra few hundred on a device than they really need to. I mean, the 'blackberry is premium' stuff died with Thorston, and while it didn't fail it didn't do well.

It makes radically more sense to me for BB to use the same chips for another generation and focus on giving the best experience possible on software. It'll bring down the cost per device, much of the cost of development is already done which increases profit margins and it'll let BB sit back on their reputation as being the device for communication over everything else.

I'm not saying that the Passport won't be a great device. I'm genuinely excited about it. But in all honesty if it launches as the same price as the latest, highest end Android devices I think the sales are going to be historically low for a blackberry and the reviews will savage it. Blackberry is definitely 'my device' and has been for a long time, but I know that buying a blackberry for the same price as an iPhone today is just terrible value for money. Hopefully BB understand that and re-position the company accordingly.
    Apple launches a premium-priced phone with underwhelming hardware specs every year. Don't get me wrong, the iPhone hardware isn't cheap, but it doesn't match the specs of Android devices.

BlackBerry can do the same thing. If they impress through an effort to differentiate. Radically hi-res aquare screen can make reading image-based PDF books manageable, something that's a pain on other devices, speaker and headset volume and clarity unmatched for best-in-class business calls, and more connectivity options with PCs, tablets, and televisions than any other platform, e.g. USB Togo, Miracast, Bluetooth/wifi BlackBerry Blend, NFC, etc...

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 02:11 PM
    I'm expecting $700. If they'd like to sell more than a few of these, they should sell at $600.
    07-06-14 06:16 PM
    I'd pay $799 out of contract, but I think it could be priced even higher. I don't think this phone has mass market appeal. It's for a limited number of people who want the Ferrari of QWERTY phones. Lowering the price isn't going to woo anyone who wants an iPhone or Android device. I'd make the Classic a little more price competitive for price sensitive BlackBerry users and then I'd make the Z50 a price to top specs eye-opener. It's the Z50 that will compete on specs and price in the general, consumer smartphone market. But, the Passport should be the world's most premium device for physical keyboard lovers and it should be priced accordingly.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 10:27 PM
    For blackberry's sake I hope a little less, make less provit, but get your brand on the table again!

These day's we see a lot of chinese brands raising over the world. Meizu, xiaomi, oppo, opo, zte, huawei etc.

These devices ( expect huawei ) got top notch hardware and software wise they are not far behind anymore!

The reason why they sell very well in all parts over the world ( via inet retailers) is duo to their low prices. People want more for less and it has always been like that!

Blackberry please take a note! Get your brand back on track first and than price your products higher.

Posted via CB10
    jcarlos100 likes this.
    07-07-14 03:26 AM
    Apple launches a premium-priced phone with underwhelming hardware specs every year. Don't get me wrong, the iPhone hardware isn't cheap, but it doesn't match the specs of Android devices.

BlackBerry can do the same thing. If they impress through an effort to differentiate. Radically hi-res aquare screen can make reading image-based PDF books manageable, something that's a pain on other devices, speaker and headset volume and clarity unmatched for best-in-class business calls, and more connectivity options with PCs, tablets, and televisions than any other platform, e.g. USB Togo, Miracast, Bluetooth/wifi BlackBerry Blend, NFC, etc...

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry can't do that actually. Apple got a huge brand price compared to blackberry.
    If you tell people you are using an blackberry they will probably laugh and/or say they are crappy.

Apple has his loyal customers, ( so does blackberry ) but apple on the other hand is still successful compared to blackberry.

Apple has a huge platform of apps which blackberry lacks.

You can't really compare those 2. All though I think it's a shame apple is more succes full.

Apple is actually hurting their customers.
    - They got this awesome finger scanner, but we all know they are getting registrated.
    - Apple has this awesome messages system which forces them to stay with apple, otherwise you will have troubles receiving them.
    - Apple's products are over priced.
    - etc.

Apple has a massive user base and gets away with it, blackberry won't. They are under heavy fire by the media all over the world and like we all know, humans tends to behave like sheeps sometimes. They believe and will will follow everything what's handed over to them.

Anyway I think blackberry seek a way in between. Make some profit, but do not over rate yourself at this time.

Anyway I wish blackberry all the luck in the world and may they find a way to fix all the troubles surrounding blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 03:45 AM
    They will present it as a unique premium device for bosses. It will cost more than $1k
    07-07-14 04:20 AM
    700 USD

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    07-07-14 04:49 AM
    They will present it as a unique premium device for bosses. It will cost more than $1k
    Lol, that would be a total failure.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 05:15 AM
185 ... 23456 ...