Hi, although I found a few threads I still have the problem that I have to get through the basic setup tutorial after every reboot or I get endless notifications about that. Any suggestions? Thanks a lot!

Posted via Passport
    01-06-18 02:47 PM
    First, be sure you have the last OS version offered installed.
    If you have an earlier version, for any reason... ( you're happy with it, works fine and so on) then I'm happy.
    With that said... If you don't already have the latest version installed.... installed it. just run it right over the installed OS as long as it's the same or greater version.

When installing any large files I always suggest not doing it OTA or Wi-Fi.
    The slightest glitch can corrupt a file and it only takes one bad system file to spoil the OS.
    And don't download it directly to your mobile device. download to your computer. then install with a USB cable from your PC to your mobile device. Shouldn't take more that 15 minutes to install.
    And considering the OS isn't fully installed.... Do not bother reinstalling any back ups. start fresh.
    if you previously installed "Cobalts" files then you may want to consider "sideloading" the OS with Sachesi tools. You'll need Cobalt's files to be able to download, install and enjoy apk apps from the google app store.

Get back to us here with more detailed info: OS version and so on. If you need help, I'll be happy to walk you through it if need be.
    I'm a die-never Passport user since the day it was first releast.

You may feel a bit overwhelmed but will then realize it's much easier than you thought. It will be a bit time consuming ( and I mean, just a bit) but consider that the end product will run better than you could have imagined and that alone is worth it.

you can PM me for a faster response! Don't worry. You'll have a fine tuned device when we're done.
    01-07-18 07:11 AM
    Thank you very much for your detailed answer Lostboy!

Indeed the Passport is my first BB device and I came straight from my Nokia N900 which was my best phone ever, a real Debian OS... I won't go to Android or Apple devices and love hardware keyboards - so I chose the Passport...

I think that is a have the latest OS version here are the details:
    Software Release: 10.3.3.1463
    OS Version: 10.3.3.2205
    Also checking for updates shows that the latest software is installed.

On my computer runs Debian, just in case I have to do an update or reinstall is that possible as well?

Posted via Passport
    01-09-18 05:55 PM
    Are you sure you've completed the tutorial? IIRC it should end by having you "swipe up" to an empty home screen.
    01-09-18 07:10 PM
    Yes I'm sure, I also have done all the other tutorials one time.

Posted via Passport
    01-10-18 03:57 PM
    Well, then.. I suggest reinstalling the OS again.
    I'm not too familiar with Debian so, I can't advice you on that!
    01-10-18 10:11 PM
    Thank you for your help anyway, I will do more research on that!

Posted via Passport
    01-13-18 04:07 PM
    I had the same problem. Infuriating altho I became a BB10 ninja after all those tutorials! The trick as I recall is to ignore reboot requests and wait til the device forces reboot. Takes a few days and any connectivity you have with blend is lost in that time. After the device-imposed reboot all was well.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-18 03:07 AM
    Hi Jon,
    Unfortunately I never got a reboot request yet. Maybe I'm not sure what you meant.

Posted via Passport
    01-17-18 03:13 PM