hello, may i ask a question about how folks out there use their PP from a practical point of view . here is what i mean . lets say i want to call somebody and i do not have them on speed dial and i do not have there number memorized . after you pick up the PP do you go to your contacts app, or hold the A key for contacts, or use assistant verbally , or starts typing the name into the home screen or poprn the phone app or something else . i find that there are so many ways of doing things that i am not sure of what is the most efficient (least number of key strokes . thanks
    04-15-15 06:29 AM
    I usually hit the phone icon and dial the number.

Which demonstrates how few phone calls I make, as this is the same way I've placed phone calls since I got my first cell phone in 2001.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 06:58 AM
    If the contacts are stored then just type the name. BlackBerry assistant will pop up and shows the name. Just select and dial.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 07:52 AM
    for regular contacts I have the direct dial assigned to a key on the keyboard e.g. wife is assigned to W, mum to M, daughter to S( initial of her name )

others I just start typing and let the assitant bring up the contact
    04-15-15 08:35 AM
    I just start typing "call [insert name]" and when the result pops up I touch the name. Sounds like it takes time but it's really not that bad. To speed it up you can add shortcut for a contact you use often.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 08:43 AM
    When in my car, the bluetooth set up works perfectly. When not in my car, I either use the Assistant to "Call contact". Works everytime like a charm.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 12:41 PM
    LOL why not try them and see what works best for you??

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 01:13 PM
    I type the first few letters of the person who I want to call or text and assistance would match up right away and I choose call or text.

The other way is going to the hub and hold the message that associate with the person until the action menu appear and then swipe my thumb to the right to choose what action I want to performed like reply back or call the person.

There are so many ways of doing it and it's what makes BB10 great. You won't find this many flexible cross integrated features in iOS and Android.

Long live Blackberry.
    04-15-15 01:39 PM
    I usually hit the phone icon and dial the number.

Which demonstrates how few phone calls I make, as this is the same way I've placed phone calls since I got my first cell phone in 2001.

Posted via CB10
    +100 on this i am the exact same way lol, i rarely make any calls its all for games emails reading etc etc.
    04-15-15 01:56 PM
    hello, may i ask a question about how folks out there use their PP from a practical point of view . here is what i mean . lets say i want to call somebody and i do not have them on speed dial and i do not have there number memorized . after you pick up the PP do you go to your contacts app, or hold the A key for contacts, or use assistant verbally , or starts typing the name into the home screen or poprn the phone app or something else . i find that there are so many ways of doing things that i am not sure of what is the most efficient (least number of key strokes . thanks
    Place the assistant icon on your main screen as it is a good way to search for averything on your phone including quick search for a contact.

 PassportSQW100-1 / 10.3.1.2708 Rogers Wireless
    04-16-15 12:50 AM
    thank you for the replies i started using assistant more and it really is very efficient
    thanks
    04-17-15 04:21 AM