Has this been happening to you guys?

I got Passport at launch and when I talk to my customers and I pull my phone out to silence it or to look something up or anything they start reaching for it like dam monkeys seeing a banana.

ohhhhh wahts that *grab* Now Im so very sick of it I just pull it away and dont let them grab anymore.

I am after all a germ-a-phobe. I clean my passport regularly but with this I had to do it much more often.

Last night a customer said *ohhh see honey this is the one I want to buy the passport! see see! look as she jumped for it.* and I pulled it back for the first time and it felt good. From now on no more allowing strangers to grab at it.

The husband didn't care at all. She kept saying see look as I played keep away moving it up and away etc. He was not interested and I thought dam...why can't she be like him.

Blackberry should have warned me. I'm considering the classic just so people will leave me alone and I can go back to stealth mode. But I'll miss the big screen!

Can't wait to see the Classic!
    shakingthrough, tryfe and j21jam6 like this.
    12-14-14 03:40 PM
    HAHA! Way to generate some interest.
    12-14-14 03:42 PM
    I have a colleague Wednesday who wanted to see the phone without case. I was on the phone and he just grab it and tried to get it off. I just set my call on mute and took back my phone and asking what he was doing.

Some people

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 03:48 PM
    I feel you OP! Nearly lost my mind when the cashier at the pharmacy reached for my phone when I placed it on the counter while paying. People don't know their boundaries!

ToyaKnowsBest.squarespace.com
    j21jam6 likes this.
    12-14-14 04:04 PM
    Has this been happening to you guys?

I got Passport at launch and when I talk to my customers and I pull my phone out to silence it or to look something up or anything they start reaching for it like dam monkeys seeing a banana.

ohhhhh wahts that *grab* Now Im so very sick of it I just pull it away and dont let them grab anymore.

I am after all a germ-a-phobe. I clean my passport regularly but with this I had to do it much more often.

Last night a customer said *ohhh see honey this is the one I want to buy the passport! see see! look as she jumped for it.* and I pulled it back for the first time and it felt good. From now on no more allowing strangers to grab at it.

The husband didn't care at all. She kept saying see look as I played keep away moving it up and away etc. He was not interested and I thought dam...why can't she be like him.

Blackberry should have warned me. I'm considering the classic just so people will leave me alone and I can go back to stealth mode. But I'll miss the big screen!

Can't wait to see the Classic!
    Cool story.

Posted from an ME173X
    12-14-14 04:13 PM
    Yes I have had several people grab the phone out of my hands without asking my permission. I have to be on full alert all the time as I don't want them to run off with my phone.
    12-14-14 05:00 PM
    Yeeeaaah basically anyone who's seen it and cares will start grabbing. Only people who still use flip phones just keep their hands to themselves and stick to commenting something like "wow big phone" lol

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 05:24 PM
    It sure does get a lot of attention. Just: what BlackBerry needs right now.
    PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154

Posted via CB10
    12-14-14 05:26 PM
    From my cold dead hands!

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    12-15-14 05:43 AM
    hoping my STILGUT german hand made case comes before xmas. It is my xmas gift! Mahogany was the color I chose.

This way as it sits on my desk and people sit across they wont be sure if its a tablet or a note pad or a Passport holder filled with business cards and an actual passport etc.
    12-21-14 12:30 AM
    I have had people comment that it was an "overly large phone". Grabby? No. If anyone tried that I chop their hand off via book of Eli style. Maybe the people around me just aren't cell phone crazy. Good for me. I treat mine like it's my wallet. Actually better than my wallet.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 12:50 AM
    I haven't experienced people grabbing it randomly, but everyone I show it to wants to hold it. It's weird. When they do hold it, they're always impressed.
    12-21-14 01:27 AM
    Where do you guys live? No one where I live would even think to grab someone's phone like that here (LA). I've had quite a number of people as me about it, but none have just grabbed it. I let one girl hold it because she was so interested. She didn't ask, but she put her hands right out when I said, "you can hold it if you want."

I'm a pretty big germaphobe too, but she was a Starbucks barista so I'm hoping her hands were clean. Plus, most people will never get to hold a BlackBerry Passport because carriers in the U.S. haven't offered it yet, and it launched three months ago.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 02:23 AM