I bought a PP SE via Amazon. Beautiful device as anticipated. But:
    1 It was subject to random reboots, sometimes mid-email, mid-browsing, whatever. Completely haphazard, but quite frequent.
    2 Even when switched off, the battery discharged.
    So I returned it. The device ghastly been lab-tested, whatever that might mean, and the report has come back:
    "There was indeed a small data malfunction in the system. Not related to hardware or battery and It was easily arranged. The phone was running like new and everything is fine."
    I have been offered the phone or a refund. I am nervy because others on this forum have reported similar or identical faults on the SE with no resolution. My PP Original works fine as indeed does my 2013 Z10. Love them. Attracted to the SE for its design and capacity and capability but not if the faults persist. They are completely un liveable with.
    Any comments / hints / suggestions / recommendations for the interpretation or reliability of the report of "a small data malfunction, .. easily arranged"?
    Thanks, guys. I know you are the experts in the field.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-19 07:54 AM
    I bought a PP SE via Amazon. Beautiful device as anticipated. But:
    1 It was subject to random reboots, sometimes mid-email, mid-browsing, whatever. Completely haphazard, but quite frequent.
    2 Even when switched off, the battery discharged.
    So I returned it. The device ghastly been lab-tested, whatever that might mean, and the report has come back:
    "There was indeed a small data malfunction in the system. Not related to hardware or battery and It was easily arranged. The phone was running like new and everything is fine."
    I have been offered the phone or a refund. I am nervy because others on this forum have reported similar or identical faults on the SE with no resolution. My PP Original works fine as indeed does my 2013 Z10. Love them. Attracted to the SE for its design and capacity and capability but not if the faults persist. They are completely un liveable with.
    Any comments / hints / suggestions / recommendations for the interpretation or reliability of the report of "a small data malfunction, .. easily arranged"?
    Thanks, guys. I know you are the experts in the field.

Posted via CB10
    Take refund if the risk concerns you. Anything 3-4 years old is just that 3-4 years old.... This isn’t about BB10, simply old hardware with problems not always identifiable or fixable. Similar to WiFi only, Emergency calls only problem.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    01-02-19 08:16 AM
    I had the same issues due to firmware. I downgraded and worked like a charm.
    01-02-19 08:23 AM
    When you say "downgraded" do you mean 3.3.3216 to any one of 3204, 3057, 2205, 2163, 2049 from MEGA? Do you have a recommendation?
    Ideally I'd downgrade to 3.2.* but I understand that this is impossible (.
    Thank you for this very useful advice. Very tempted to keep this obsolescent machine with all its infelicities if the reboot / power faults are addressed.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-19 09:11 AM
    My PP SE had same issue...after replacing cracked screen with official BlackBerry support. Got tired of reboots, went PRIV, then KEYone and now KEY2.
    Passport SE in pristine just now a paperweight. Lovin my KEY2 closest looking to PP SE.
    01-02-19 06:12 PM
    I'm still on 3.2 only issues I have is with whatsapp for android

Posted via CB10
    01-08-19 12:17 PM
    My PP SE had same issue...after replacing cracked screen with official BlackBerry support. Got tired of reboots, went PRIV, then KEYone and now KEY2.
    Passport SE in pristine just now a paperweight. Lovin my KEY2 closest looking to PP SE.
    Would you consider selling the paperweight?
    Can use it for parts.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-19 07:39 PM
    When you say "downgraded" do you mean 3.3.3216 to any one of 3204, 3057, 2205, 2163, 2049 from MEGA? Do you have a recommendation?
    Ideally I'd downgrade to 3.2.* but I understand that this is impossible (.
    Thank you for this very useful advice. Very tempted to keep this obsolescent machine with all its infelicities if the reboot / power faults are addressed.

Posted via CB10
    Excuse me for late response. I downgraded to 10.3.3.1463 .
    02-06-19 05:52 AM