This maybe help to use Google services and more well polished apps. What do you think? Or IPad mini?

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 01:21 AM
    If you are used to one then probably. I have barely touched a tablet since my passport. It does pretty much all I need including the apps I need with a great screen size.

Brought to you by...My sweet Passport
    08-14-15 01:33 AM
    Not touched my lappy since got a PP.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 02:31 AM
    If you need something with more fun and games do the iPad/ipod option. At least you won't eat up your Blackberry's battery life. And u always have BlackBerry Blend to stay connected with what's on your phone while using the other product
    08-14-15 03:48 AM
    If you need something with more fun and games do the iPad/ipod option. At least you won't eat up your Blackberry's battery life. And u always have BlackBerry Blend to stay connected with what's on your phone while using the other product
    Not connected with the iPod i guess, my iP6 doesnt have blend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    08-14-15 04:09 AM
    Did anyone ever NEED an iPod touch? In my understanding, the iPod Touch was a beta device that became the iPhone. If you need one, buy one.

I think that the Passport can do most anything you would need it to, and if 'Google Services' were all that you were after, there would be other more functional (and maybe even cheaper) devices out there. Not to mention there are easy enough work-arounds available to you for all BB10 devices. But I don't know all that much. I just have my opinions...
    08-14-15 04:18 AM
    Thats true, but some may already have that iPod. Actually PP and iPad is a great combo, IMO.

08-14-15 05:19 AM
    Probably don't need iPOD Touch I guess. And there are lots of alternatives to that, as others have noted, better value for money :-)
    08-14-15 05:59 AM
    I stopped using all mp3 devices since the phone storage can be expanded. I really don't see the need to carry both devices when one can do all of the same things. I don't even use a mp3 player in my car, I just run my phone through my car Bluetooth and I'm good.

http://djteknision.podomatic.com. Teknision (All mix No talk) Podcast
    RoseBud68 likes this.
    08-14-15 07:07 AM
    Thats true, but some may already have that iPod. Actually PP and iPad is a great combo, IMO.

I don't know. I am a Linux guy and my Passport had almost replaced my laptop, except for X11 forwarding and some heavy duty presentation and document creation.

I recently got my first Mac (latest ultra light retina display MacBooc 12 inch).

Apart from Blend (great but redundant) and the fact that it has X11 forwarding and I can nicely ssh and display my office Linux computer remotely, this MAC feels less of a computer than even my Passport.

I find the MAC totally useless for engineering use. It is for people who just want to play and watch multimedia, but not if you put all the security stops in the browser.

If I secure the Safari browser to block cookies and not save history, then the MAC is as useless for most multimedia websites as the BlackBerry browser.

This goes to show how much data collection and spying all these websites do on us, even when you pay premium dollar for your apps and website access.

The Ipad is even more useless than the MAC and if you encrypt the files on your MAC and passport, Blend has very little use for file transfer.

So, with encryption, you are only left with ghostcommander and sftp for easy file transfer to and from your encrypted Passport.
    hec666 likes this.
    08-14-15 07:24 AM
    Well, i think im just an ordinary user then

08-14-15 09:04 AM
    I use my ipod touch for music. I dont Like my battery draining for anything else then actual messaging or browsing. Dedicated music player for music, anything else on my Phone equals a never ending battery

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 11:02 AM
    I just picked up a battery for my old Curve 8320 so I can use it as an mp3 player. My Sansa Clip's up volume button broke and I don't want my passport's battery draining more than it already does. That little Curve runs for HOURS.
    08-14-15 06:47 PM
    Nothing beats BB10 and Neutron for music sound quality.

Ipods have lousy sound quality IMHO

Sent via Passport!
    anon(1723145) likes this.
    08-14-15 06:54 PM
    Doesn't listening to music use a rather small percentage of the battery, especially if using the media keys to skip through songs with the screen off, or have I just not noticed much of a draw? Otoh, I would like an iPod still to go with my pp as a very portable nano iPad for some of the apps

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 07:00 PM
    Just put it on the shelf and let it do what it should be doing best. Collecting dust. Lol I've been trying to get ride of my ip 5th gen for years. People won't even take it.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" from Adam Savage
    08-14-15 07:15 PM
    I use my ipod touch for music. I dont Like my battery draining for anything else then actual messaging or browsing. Dedicated music player for music, anything else on my Phone equals a never ending battery

Posted via CB10
    Listening to music does not drain your battery on your passport if you use the original BlackBerry music app and 7 digital.
    08-14-15 09:23 PM
    This maybe help to use Google services and more well polished apps. What do you think? Or IPad mini?

Posted via CB10
    Instead of iPad or iPod, you probably need Android devices to use Google services...

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 05:19 AM

Posted via CB10
    Just get a large micro sd memory card and load your music. But if you want to include a tablet, better to use a an android tablet as the bbos plays better with android.

Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2252 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    08-15-15 09:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    I haven't used an Apple product in about 6 years.

I use a surface pro for my tablet... but I don't want Apples hacked up, over priced garbage that does a poor implementation of everyone else's designs and work. The only thing Apple is good for is marketing and sales people who follow brands not real technology and rich kids living off of mom and dad, often found sitting at Starbucks in unwashed, unfitting clothing - expecting life to give them an award for attendance.

If you want google services, don't care about owning your personal information, then buy an Android. Apple is no good for anyone - the company is finally dying the slow betamax death it has long deserved.

Posted to CB via my Passport | Lloyd Summers | FileArchiveHaven
    08-15-15 02:30 PM
    I just picked up a battery for my old Curve 8320 so I can use it as an mp3 player. My Sansa Clip's up volume button broke and I don't want my passport's battery draining more than it already does. That little Curve runs for HOURS.
    I would deem anything in which the battery didn't last for "hours" to be quite useless.
    AdamThatsIt likes this.
    08-15-15 07:19 PM
    I use my passport alongside my iPad mini, always have with any phone just because it makes school much easier that way.

Posted via Passport SE
    08-15-15 08:29 PM
    I get all the music I want, I never touch my tablet anymore. The passport is like a mini laptop for me.

Flying Spaghetti Monster. SQW-100-4. 10.3.2.2226
    08-16-15 02:05 AM
    Same here: 160Gbyte of memory on my passport. Plenty room for my music, and lots of mirrored directories from my office computer.

I store music on my tablet and laptop simply for backup purposes.

I have pretty much everything I need on my Passport to avoid using a laptop most of the time.
    If BlackBerry had made a full-fledged LibraOffice or Openoffice version available and X11 forwarding, I wouldn't need a laptop at all.
    08-16-15 09:37 PM
    Can anyone recommend a good native app that can play AAC files? The built-in Music app can't play my music (the files are not protected / DRM), so I had to resort to using an Android app to play my music (PowerAmp).
    08-16-15 10:14 PM
35 12