Hey all - just curious if there is an article that documents the differences in the Hub experience of PP vs. Priv as I've noticed that the Priv version is missing a few neat features. Doe the PP have a totally unique version of the Hub or does the Classic have the same features?
    02-12-16 08:07 AM
    The Passport does not have a unique version of the Hub, all BB10 devices have the same Hub, the differences come in when you introduce Android. The Android Hub is not the same. It's similar, but certainly not as fully featured as the BB10 version. For example there is no peek and flow, and not as much 3rd party integration (no Whatsapp). BUT the functionality is still pretty good and it gives you a great overview of your mailboxes and social media accounts. It's pretty easy to access with the gesture/shortcut they created, which IS customizable and can be set pretty much any way you like, you can even have it access something else. (there are 3 swipe up gestures that can be set)
    FF22 likes this.
    02-12-16 08:20 AM
    In 30 seconds, it's easier to show you what it can't do!

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on the mighty Qued! - Channel C003DAB77
    nobbynobrains likes this.
    02-12-16 08:38 AM
    so what are like 5 (if there are that many) things BB10 Hub does that Android can't. Like I noticed you can't just press the envelope on the left to show "read".
    02-12-16 09:04 AM
    Also, sort of have to disagree that the Q10 lacks Hub features the PP has based on videos I've seen.
    02-12-16 09:04 AM
    Also, sort of have to disagree that the Q10 lacks Hub features the PP has based on videos I've seen.
    I have a Q10, Z30 and Passport, the Hub is the same on all. Additional features were added to the hub from 10.1 through 10.3, maybe the Q10 video was shot when running an older version OS than the latest on the Passport.

Passport running on 10.3.2. 2876
    Q10Bold likes this.
    02-12-16 03:43 PM
    Even instant action? I don't see the icon on Q10
    02-12-16 04:06 PM
    Hub settings >display actions> down to the bottom can set two instant actions on any bb10 device

Posted via SilverSlab
    02-12-16 05:43 PM
    The BB10 hub works great and works well with BES10/12 on BB10 as well as personal mail and services like twitter, fb, and linkedin. However, Unless I am missing something the Android version the Priv does not work with Good Work or GFE. We have Good for the Android and iOS devices and it pains me to go between the 2 apps. I bought the Priv on day 1 of availability and just could not adjust to the 2 apps as I am continually receiving mail on both accounts. I still try from time to time to force the Priv on myself, but end up going back to the Passport. In fact I just bought me a SE Passport to go with my OG and AT&T versions I have. Love the BB10 Hub much better and am going to really hate missing BB10 when it runs out of steam and I have to move on.
    02-12-16 07:40 PM
    I love the hub. I don't have the PRIV, but apparently it doesn't even have pinch to show unread messages. I believe it is also limited to just a few forms of communication (email, text, facebook, bbm, twitter) while the BB10 hub integrates a lot more. I don't really understand how Android apps like Instagram, Snapchat, and Spotify work in my BB10 hub but don't work on the real Android OS, but I'm not complaining!

BlackBerry Passport / OS 10.3.2.2789 / SQW100-3 / BBM 2C05E109
    02-12-16 07:54 PM
    I love the hub. I don't have the PRIV, but apparently it doesn't even have pinch to show unread messages. I believe it is also limited to just a few forms of communication (email, text, facebook, bbm, twitter) while the BB10 hub integrates a lot more. I don't really understand how Android apps like Instagram, Snapchat, and Spotify work in my BB10 hub but don't work on the real Android OS, but I'm not complaining!

You have snapchat on your phone AND hub?? Tell me how!

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876 loving it
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    02-13-16 01:40 AM
    As far as bb10 goes only the classic has a unique feature. The classic has a hub icon on the bottom left of every recent app or app draw screen.

Swiping right goes back to whatever the user was doing in the hub, pressing the icon on the classic saves drafts and goes back to the universal inbox.

Tapping that icon is the best way to check notifications.

Trick for doing it on other bb's is here (or you can use a hotkey shortcut that is a little slow.)

Priv hub is currently missing this feature, but has something bb10 doesn't, hub filter shortcuts by providing an optional individual account icon.

Priv hub has notification snooze also which is pretty bloody cool.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-16 06:14 AM
    You have snapchat on your phone AND hub?? Tell me how!

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2876 loving it
    Casper (fully functional snapchat app) integrates into the hub when enabling "blackberry mode" in the app settings.

02-13-16 10:30 AM
    Hub on the Priv does not have pinch gestures but those functions are still there via a drop menu. The hub works pretty good and a lot of features are there but Android works different .
    Emails, call logs, BBM all work well.
    Texting not so much .
    When I first used the Priv ,I thought the hub was a disaster but after updates and accepting that Android works different ,the hub really does work well. Provably will work even better in future withupdates

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-13-16 10:48 AM
    Hub on the Priv does not have pinch gestures but those functions are still there via a drop menu. The hub works pretty good and a lot of features are there but Android works different .
    Emails, call logs, BBM all work well.
    Texting not so much .
    When I first used the Priv ,I thought the hub was a disaster but after updates and accepting that Android works different ,the hub really does work well. Provably will work even better in future withupdates

Does it have Hub Attachments option?
    02-14-16 01:23 AM
    Does it have Hub Attachments option?
    No, you can't view all the attachments in one spot in the Hub on the PRIV.
    02-14-16 07:42 AM
    On the PRIV, can you swipe left from the hub to see all your individual accounts? Also is there priority hub?

02-14-16 08:38 AM
    The Passport does not have a unique version of the Hub, all BB10 devices have the same Hub, the differences come in when you introduce Android. The Android Hub is not the same. It's similar, but certainly not as fully featured as the BB10 version. For example there is no peek and flow, and not as much 3rd party integration (no Whatsapp). BUT the functionality is still pretty good and it gives you a great overview of your mailboxes and social media accounts. It's pretty easy to access with the gesture/shortcut they created, which IS customizable and can be set pretty much any way you like, you can even have it access something else. (there are 3 swipe up gestures that can be set)
    The latest Hub updates have support for Whatsapp.

pkcable likes this.
    02-14-16 09:08 AM
    I still can't believe there is not a single review / video review of Priv from a Blackberry 10 user's point of view. All those reviews are obviously written by Android users, who have no idea what Priv's hub is missing, they have no clue. Even a short time BB10 user cannot cover enough differences to tell what features are missing.

I could find only this on YT, although he doesn't really review but he makes great points:

02-14-16 10:40 AM
    &this guy starts out with HUB...

Posted via CB10
    heading4tomorrow likes this.
    02-14-16 12:09 PM
    I suggested to our editor that we do such a review, BUT I'm not sure how busy our editors are.
    02-14-16 06:02 PM
    Maybe they can't find a Priv... or afford one...

I suggested to our editor that we do such a review, BUT I'm not sure how busy our editors are.
    02-14-16 06:49 PM
    &this guy starts out with HUB...

Posted via CB10

Thanks, it's an attempt but he is not covering the HUB differences, he didn't even demonstrate anything on hub other than scrolling up and down. There is so much more.
    He does cover some other stuff like language, etc but not the hub itself.

I've been watching Priv, and it's still not worth $700 outright or $500 used. It sounds like there is a lot of sacrifice to be made going from Passport to Priv.
    Like he says, at least give us an option to install Android on passport. BB needs to get it, if someone is using PP they won't just give up and pay $700 for Priv. So they might as well give us Android on PP. Passport is such a great device going unnoticed.
    02-15-16 01:16 PM
    Thanks, it's an attempt but he is not covering the HUB differences, he didn't even demonstrate anything on hub other than scrolling up and down. There is so much more.
    He does cover some other stuff like language, etc but not the hub itself.

I've been watching Priv, and it's still not worth $700 outright or $500 used. It sounds like there is a lot of sacrifice to be made going from Passport to Priv.
    Like he says, at least give us an option to install Android on passport. BB needs to get it, if someone is using PP they won't just give up and pay $700 for Priv. So they might as well give us Android on PP. Passport is such a great device going unnoticed.
    I suspect there will be a 'Work Wide' android phone based on the Passport

Passport running on 10.3.2. 2876
    02-15-16 04:01 PM
    Gotta say...I'm turning the corner on the Priv. I still want a BB10 device but sadly I'll be waiting for it to hit the bargain bins before pulling the trigger. Unless someone's got a mint SE for a good deal.
    02-15-16 07:57 PM