Hey all,

So for the past few months I was very frustrated with T-Mobile, because every now and then I would have Emergency Only on my Passport.
    I was thinking that it was T-Mobile's issue and when recently AT&T had some lawyers contact a customer who made a suggestion to AT&T, T-Mobile provided an email address to anyone who had a suggestion for them.
    I wrote them an email about signal issue they replied back to me and said they will send an engineer to check the signal in my area.

A week after that I got an email and was told that there is no issue with their Cell Towers and I should have at least one or two LTE bars.
    I was also told that it must be my phone and I thought they were just trying to blame the phone, but anyway I went ahead and got myself a Nexus 5. This thing does not lose any signal, I always have LTE no matter where I go.

So I had and old Z10 laying around I checked that, and it also has better signal than the Passport.

Now I love my Passport, it is an awesome phone and I can't force myself to use Android.
    Does anyone have a solution to getting this thing fixed?

I have searched for this on other threads but I have not found a solution for it.

Does anyone with both original Passport and Silver Edition can spare a few minutes and check if that thing has better signal or no?

Thank you
    11-11-15 01:54 AM
    I have a Z10 and a Passport on At&t and the signal is the same on both which is excellent.

I've been told that wearing an aluminum hat is a great signal booster!

That's all I've got!(sorry!)
    11-11-15 02:34 AM
    Never had mine even once. All seems good here
    11-11-15 10:54 AM
    My Passport gets a better signal than my Z10. Perhaps your Passport has a faulty antenna. I would think this kind of problem would most likely be hardware.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 11:31 AM
    I am not sure if I have warranty left on this.
    I don't think it is hardware because if it was I wouldn't have had any signal at all.

Apart from it happens only at certain spots in the house, so that crosses the faulty hardware out of the question.

I believe it has more to do with software.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 11:48 AM
    No, the fault lies squarely with T-Mobile. My friend has a Nexus 6 that initially was using the T-Mobile SIM. After he complained to me that the signal is very lackluster during a portion of his work commute, I suggested he do the switch to StraightTalk like I have. The problem immediately went away and he gets full 4G LTE the entire trip which consists of going between urban, sub-urban, and a large portion through rural zones although on a highway.

The reason is that StraightTalk uses the AT&T network.

I only used StraightTalk on my Passport, but I did use T-Mobile with my previous BlackBerry, the Torch 9810. Signal was quite lacking in general at rural areas.

Posted via CB10
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    11-11-15 03:59 PM
    Oh I know that Straight Talk has a better coverage than T-Mobile because they are an AT&T MVNO but that has nothing to do with my PP losing signal while other phones have decent signal in the same spot.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 06:38 PM
    Oh I know that Straight Talk has a better coverage than T-Mobile because they are an AT&T MVNO but that has nothing to do with my PP losing signal while other phones have decent signal in the same spot.

Posted via CB10
    OK! This has worked for countless issues in the past. Get a can of condensed air and gently clean out the ports and every other part of your device that you can get too.
    The tiniest particles of dust can cause a bad connection. It's the little things that can make a big difference. Try it. Whadaya got to loose?

I think of these things so you don't have to!
    11-11-15 09:06 PM
    So me and my co worker were in a datacenter the other day and the walls are pretty thick and there is a lot of stuff that could mess up a signal inside this datacenter. I had very spotty service, calls dropping and no data. My Co worker and his iPhone 6s had 2 bars consistently. We both use Tmobile

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 10:06 PM
    So me and my co worker were in a datacenter the other day and the walls are pretty thick and there is a lot of stuff that could mess up a signal inside this datacenter. I had very spotty service, calls dropping and no data. My Co worker and his iPhone 6s had 2 bars consistently. We both use Tmobile

Posted via CB10
    That is what is happening with me.
    When I have 4 bars on my PP and Nexus has full bars in a speed test PP just kicks ***..
    Just today where I had 4 bars on PP I was getting 84 mbps and 73mbps on a full bar Nexus.. The problem is if the signal is a little weak it just loses it all together.
    11-11-15 11:32 PM
    I think I found the cause of losing signal.
    So I have a magnetic phone holder for my car. It has a piece of metal that you put on to the back of your phone using double sided tape.
    I removed that, and for the past one hour I am going throughout the house wherever I was losing signal to see if it would drop to SO, but so far none.
    Lostboy5151 likes this.
    11-12-15 12:55 AM
    I think I found the cause of losing signal.
    So I have a magnetic phone holder for my car. It has a piece of metal that you put on to the back of your phone using double sided tape.
    I removed that, and for the past one hour I am going throughout the house wherever I was losing signal to see if it would drop to SO, but so far none.

That would have been my next suggestion!
    Glad you got it worked out!
    11-12-15 03:15 AM
    Hey all,

So for the past few months I was very frustrated with T-Mobile, because every now and then I would have Emergency Only on my Passport.
    I was thinking that it was T-Mobile's issue and when recently AT&T had some lawyers contact a customer who made a suggestion to AT&T, T-Mobile provided an email address to anyone who had a suggestion for them.
    I wrote them an email about signal issue they replied back to me and said they will send an engineer to check the signal in my area.

A week after that I got an email and was told that there is no issue with their Cell Towers and I should have at least one or two LTE bars.
    I was also told that it must be my phone and I thought they were just trying to blame the phone, but anyway I went ahead and got myself a Nexus 5. This thing does not lose any signal, I always have LTE no matter where I go.

So I had and old Z10 laying around I checked that, and it also has better signal than the Passport.

Now I love my Passport, it is an awesome phone and I can't force myself to use Android.
    Does anyone have a solution to getting this thing fixed?

I have searched for this on other threads but I have not found a solution for it.

Does anyone with both original Passport and Silver Edition can spare a few minutes and check if that thing has better signal or no?

Thank you
    Hi: you are not alone. Please have a look at my thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ption-1040372/
    11-12-15 01:32 PM