While showing ppt presentations with the Blackberry, isn't complicated, most of the time when I'm presenting, I'm standing in front of the audience.

Is there a remote that works with the passport that will allow me not be tethered to a VGA cable?

Just a word of advice on connecting to projector vga cables, i purchased the Slimport vga adapter that's on Blackberry's store front. While it works, it doesn't work well because the vga coupler lacks nuts to secure the cable. So, multiple times i lost connection and the projector no longer displayed the presentation. But the built in laser pointer is useful.

I've ordered a male to female vga adapter which does have the needed fasteners. I plan to permanently install the adapter to the Slimport with superglue so I will have the fastener to secure the projector's cable.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 08:16 PM
    There are two options. I use them both. The Bridge for PlayBook includes a remote, so if you have a PlayBook, you can connect via an hdmi to vga adaptor and use bridge to have the Passport as a remote control, or you can attach a laptop to the projector and use AIO Remote to connect wirelessly and do the same thing.
    11-19-14 09:01 PM
    What about just using Miracast?
    I have the NetGear Push2TV dongle that attaches to an HDMI port that I use for Miracast. Perhaps this might work with a HDMI-VGA adapter with the Push2TV connecting to the HDMI part of the adapter? I don't have a passport, but when I get a chance (and have access to our projector), I'll give it a go with my Z30.
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    11-19-14 09:21 PM
    Is there a remote that works with the passport that will allow me not be tethered to a VGA cable?
    I do presentations several times every week, using my Z30 or Passport, and I use Miracast, and a NetGear PTV3000 receiver (a neat small device). That way I can present from anywhere in the room, move around if needed.

If you want to use Miracast, and don't have a HDMI projector/monitor and need VGA, you would also need something like a HDMI to VGA converter with 3.5mm Stereo Audio Converter (just google around , you can find many options )

Anyway- If you want to connect your Passport to the monitor and just have a "clicker", I have heard others having success on other BB10 devices using a regular Bluetooth Clicker that does not require any special driver. No- I have not tried this myself, since I have moved away from the wired world, - but here are a few to check out:

SMKLink with Laser pointer
    Presentair� Bluetooth� Presenter, Laser & Stylus

If you find any that works, please report it back here in the thread
    11-19-14 11:13 PM
    I just checked out the NetGear device and similar Miracast dongles on Amazon. Some of these appear to require apps or drivers in order to work, and some of the reviewers had frustrating experiences. One dongle (Belkin) was easy to set up but quickly overheated and became unusable.

How does NetGear compare in terms of ease of setup? Any Android apps to install? How is the power consumption - is the USB power line sufficient, or does it need to be plugged into a wall outlet? I would prefer a hardware only solution, with no drivers or apps to worry about. Since we're not likely to read reviews from Passport users, this forum is our only source for such information.

Posted by CB10 from my awesome Passport
    11-20-14 07:51 AM
    I just checked out the NetGear device and similar Miracast dongles on Amazon. Some of these appear to require apps or drivers in order to work, and some of the reviewers had frustrating experiences. One dongle (Belkin) was easy to set up but quickly overheated and became unusable.

How does NetGear compare in terms of ease of setup? Any Android apps to install? How is the power consumption - is the USB power line sufficient, or does it need to be plugged into a wall outlet? I would prefer a hardware only solution, with no drivers or apps to worry about. Since we're not likely to read reviews from Passport users, this forum is our only source for such information.

Posted by CB10 from my awesome Passport
    The PTV3000 does not require any special app or driver to work. The only process that is not the best - is the Firmware update. It require a computer with WiFi connectivity, such as a laptop, but besides from that - it is all good.
    It does come with power adapter, but any USB power source would do. I sometimes use the USB directly on TV/big screens - and it works great.

From your mobile, you "can" choose to share screen and use it that way, but to get full use of the Miracast, use apps on your phone that supports Miracast, such as the built-in PPT viewer, and also BlackBerry Express, which does the job brilliantly.
    ALToronto likes this.
    11-20-14 07:58 AM