Agree guys! Further more, it's sad to see sometimes how public opinion changes in terms of what is a good photograph, just because auto-modes are used on every cam/smartphone. It's funny seeing people shoot at night and thinking it looks "amazing", when iso is pushed to 3200 on their small sensor on the phone and suddenly everything is almost overexposed and grainy (not comparable do real grain from film!).

Posted via CB10
    09-10-18 05:35 AM
    it's sad to see sometimes how public opinion changes in terms of what is a good photograph, just because auto-modes are used on every cam/smartphone.Posted via CB10
    Even in modern DSLR world, it is all automatic (in manual mode you have the exposure scale). In critical situations accurate auto-mode response is crucial and the same applies to flashes, one of my best macro shots was in TTL flash mode, I just did not have the time to do it in M, no time for that! So, I cannot blame technical advancement in photography, it really helps!
    09-10-18 06:29 AM
    Even in modern DSLR world, it is all automatic (in manual mode you have the exposure scale). In critical situations accurate auto-mode response is crucial and the same applies to flashes, one of my best macro shots was in TTL flash mode, I just did not have the time to do it in M, no time for that! So, I cannot blame technical advancement in photography, it really helps!
    I don't either and use it as well sometimes - but it's interesting to see what's happening - similar to "loudness war" in music: brighter, contrastier, sharper = better - no matter what. The same with TVs - blown out to 100% of everything.
    Radoslav Valkov likes this.
    09-10-18 06:33 AM
    It does good bokeh!
    Attached Thumbnails The power of Passport's camera!-img_20180506_181402.jpg   The power of Passport's camera!-img_20180506_185805.jpg   The power of Passport's camera!-img_20180506_173609.jpg  
    mikael11 likes this.
    09-15-18 12:32 PM
    I tried Camera++ today from BB World. It works much better for me, it has great manual features, I love it. I would never regret that I have used the limited built-in camera app for an extended period of time, as it delivered great photos!
    Attached Thumbnails The power of Passport's camera!-img_20180916_132156792.jpg  
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    09-16-18 11:00 AM
    I just downloaded the app Camera++ too and I am impressed how good the pictures are, an example is attached with bokeh effect.
    Attached Thumbnails The power of Passport's camera!-img_20180917_182908132.jpg   The power of Passport's camera!-img_20180917_18295175.jpg  
    09-18-18 03:13 AM
    I tried Camera++ today from BB World. It works much better for me, it has great manual features, I love it. I would never regret that I have used the limited built-in camera app for an extended period of time, as it delivered great photos!
    That is awesome it is working better for you!
    Besides the extended control, do you see differences in output, compared to the built-in app?
    09-20-18 12:21 AM
    I hope I can get like that

 BlackBerry Passport RED Edition 10.3.3.2049
    09-20-18 01:15 AM
    Besides the extended control, do you see differences in output, compared to the built-in app?
    Honestly, I did not compare really the two apps but with camera++ you have not that pulsing focus as the built in app has.
    09-20-18 02:42 AM
    My output with Camera++ is generally better in terms of white balance. The better output comes from the manual setting freedom it offers. Furthermore, Camera++ is able to control the lens more adequately when it comes to the Passport's closest AF capabilities. In contrast, the built-in app takes much time to lock AF at its closest focusing distance. Camera++ is much more efficient in burst mode (its speed is better). Camera++ has some annoyances, of course. The number of shots in one single burst is limited to 50. The EV compensation lacks 1/2 steps when not doing EV bracketing. Under low light conditions, it is advisable to use the auto iso option to avoid overexposure. AE metering is not as much accurate as it works on the built-in app under intense daylight conditions and sometimes EV compensation leads to under or overexposure. Both apps have their strengths and drawbacks. I will explore it in more detail this Friday, Saturday and Sunday and will provide you with some output. What I cannot really talk about is how Camera++ performs in terms of JPEG quality and detail, as I have not inspected any of my photos on a good screen yet. I will also test how Camera++'s AUTO WB setting works.
    Azam Saghir likes this.
    09-20-18 07:27 AM
    My output with Camera++ is generally better in terms of white balance. The better output comes from the manual setting freedom it offers. Furthermore, Camera++ is able to control the lens more adequately when it comes to the Passport's closest AF capabilities. In contrast, the built-in app takes much time to lock AF at its closest focusing distance. Camera++ is much more efficient in burst mode (its speed is better). Camera++ has some annoyances, of course. The number of shots in one single burst is limited to 50. The EV compensation lacks 1/2 steps when not doing EV bracketing. Under low light conditions, it is advisable to use the auto iso option to avoid overexposure. AE metering is not as much accurate as it works on the built-in app under intense daylight conditions and sometimes EV compensation leads to under or overexposure. Both apps have their strengths and drawbacks. I will explore it in more detail this Friday, Saturday and Sunday and will provide you with some output. What I cannot really talk about is how Camera++ performs in terms of JPEG quality and detail, as I have not inspected any of my photos on a good screen yet. I will also test how Camera++'s AUTO WB setting works.
    Passport screen should ok..
    Embed the image in an html document.
    This must be done as a css background.

Make the height and width of this background scale from the font size using em for height and width.

Then youll need a javascript bookmarklet to change the initial-scale of the mobile viewport which is the screen and also up to you.I have six.From 1/4 being initial-scale=0.250 to 3/1 being initial-scale=3.0

Use content editable, buttons or another bookmarklet
    to change the font size. Which is the number the image Scales from.

So say font size is 16px; and the backgrounds height and width are10em; thats 10x. So just adjust * font-sizex ; and best is mobile viewport scale which you can change to zoom in or out on your embedded image. This also allows for adjusting various levels of linear-gradients, filters and shadows which can really help for inspection.
    BlackBerry express will embed a photo well if you share a printable copy.
    Try something like this https://codepen.io/Nazarja/full/VboEwm/
    ps: youll need to change viewport scale to about 0.5
    Redid the panel to work better on BB10 but havent got to setting the stage for pictures and what not if you think you can hook the rest back together..
    https://codepen.io/RJLeyra/full/eLxaQQ
    Straight Download just change the path
    https://codepen.io/RJLeyra/share/zip/eLxaQQ

Posted via Z10
    Last edited by Leyra B10; 09-22-18 at 09:02 PM.
    09-20-18 11:45 AM
    Honestly, I did not compare really the two apps but with camera++ you have not that pulsing focus as the built in app has.
    That is the huge relief with Camera++ for me, especially when using manual settings. The visible AF area with the built-in app gets me distracted.
    09-20-18 12:32 PM
    I will be honest, Camera++ is a bit buggy and crashes from time to time. Had the chance to explore it in more detail today. There is a bug that causes under/overexposure and the result is not what you actually see before taking the shot. This is annoying. The lack of continuous shooting mode with the shutter button depressed does not do the job for me and I cannot interrupt while the burst is running. The built-in app offers more auto WB accuracy and better flash-AE ratio. It is very disappointing that the only feature that I find really useful in Camera++ is the manual WB setting. Metering does not work well for me. I cannot do the action macro shots I like with Camera++. It is OK for single frame shooting, but burst mode is not acceptable. Yes, the fps rate in burst mode is higher with Camera++, but exposure goes bananas.
    Attached Thumbnails The power of Passport's camera!-img_20180922_183351117.jpg   The power of Passport's camera!-img_20180922_174200463.jpg   The power of Passport's camera!-img_20180922_1704384.jpg  
    09-22-18 01:36 PM
    I will give it another try tomorrow and see how it will go. My main concern is burst mode. Maybe I should stick to both apps in order to obtain what I need depending on the situation. Those 3 shots are with Camera++.
    09-22-18 01:41 PM
    Radoslavs close ups are incredible.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-18 10:33 AM
    On this subject matter for BB10, we agree........
    Radoslavs close ups are incredible.

Posted via CB10
    09-23-18 12:06 PM
    My Passport took much better pictures than my KEYone - one of the many, many things I miss about my Passport.
    09-23-18 12:20 PM
    Thank you markmall and Chuck Finley69! My conclusion is that Camera++ offers features that the built-in app cannot compete against. The opposite is also true. It is sensible to use both and just enjoy your camera! Here are shots with Camera++ from today:
    Attached Thumbnails The power of Passport's camera!-img_20180923_181350606.jpg   The power of Passport's camera!-img_20180923_160659168.jpg   The power of Passport's camera!-img_20180923_162744184.jpg   The power of Passport's camera!-img_20180923_181036325.jpg  
    09-23-18 12:44 PM
  19. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    Thank you markmall and Chuck Finley69! My conclusion is that Camera++ offers features that the built-in app cannot compete against. The opposite is also true. It is sensible to use both and just enjoy your camera! Here are shots with Camera++ from today:
    love passport camera

09-23-18 11:18 PM
  20. tegar ramadhanu kariadinata's Avatar
    I can do it more than them.
    with Gcam

09-25-18 03:22 AM
    I really like this autumn warmth with Camera++ !
    Attached Thumbnails The power of Passport's camera!-img_20180923_182026202.jpg  
    10-05-18 04:10 PM
    I like how the Passport handles fill flash. Here are examples:
    Attached Thumbnails The power of Passport's camera!-img_20180922_173928123.jpg   The power of Passport's camera!-img_20180922_173638193.jpg   The power of Passport's camera!-img_20180921_183136696.jpg  
    10-05-18 04:52 PM
    Passport SE photo:Attachment 440545The power of Passport's camera!-img_20170813_17375519_edit.jpg
    10-05-18 06:24 PM
    Passport SE photo:Attachment 440545Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170813_17375519_edit.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	440546
    This is a good one, which app did you use?
    10-06-18 10:06 AM
    You have some fantastic photos on here Radoslav! I absolutely love the side-on shot of the dragonfly on a stem and all of the moth pictures. I think I was lacking in both patience and technical know-how to appreciate the camera on my Passport. I agree about the 1:1 aspect ratio, it can be a real advantage for some compositions.
    10-06-18 10:37 AM
353 12345 ...