Come on dude, SEVERAL ???

Hard Shell Case and Screen Protectors, hardly an extensive range, surely a range of Pouches/Cases is not an unreasonable expectation to protect you brand new and expensive phone.

If I remember rightly, the Bold 9900 even came with a Leather Pouch included in the box.
    what about the leather flip case in 2 colours ? was that not available to you?

surely you don't expect BB to offer EVERY possible protective format for a cell phone at launch??

if you do, then like I said, major fail on your part.
    10-24-14 12:11 PM
    The holster is synonymous with BlackBerry. Of all the holster users I know, only one holsters an iPhone, the rest are BlackBerry users. Thinking about all the BlackBerry owners I work with, only one of the guys pockets his phone, the others holster it.

I went to the mall this week looking and in the places where they knew the Passport is, they said it was by far the most sought after accessory.

Chen is about the core and the core wants a holster as a number of threads are saying here. When were throwing our money at them for a core accessory you'd think they'd have it in the market.

BlackBerry is not Apple. A hundred third-party vendors aren't rushing to produce these so BlackBerry should for its customers. It is a fail for something BlackBerry should be able to produce rather easily.

Posted via CB10
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    10-24-14 04:01 PM
    There is finally a choice for both hoizonal and vertical holsters specifically for the Passport.

Bought the horizonal off ebay, can not vouch for the product as I do not yet have it, but it does look good in the photos.

Both have magnets, with the horizonal also having a magnetic flap

Apparently one can not post a link unless they have had at least 10 prior posts, so seeing as this is my second, I was not allowed to post the link.

Search PDair on google or go on Ebay and search for Blackberry Passport Holster.

Not BB EOM

Cheers
    10-24-14 04:48 PM
    The holster is synonymous with BlackBerry. Of all the holster users I know, only one holsters an iPhone, the rest are BlackBerry users. Thinking about all the BlackBerry owners I work with, only one of the guys pockets his phone, the others holster it.

I went to the mall this week looking and in the places where they knew the Passport is, they said it was by far the most sought after accessory.

Chen is about the core and the core wants a holster as a number of threads are saying here. When were throwing our money at them for a core accessory you'd think they'd have it in the market.

BlackBerry is not Apple. A hundred third-party vendors aren't rushing to produce these so BlackBerry should for its customers. It is a fail for something BlackBerry should be able to produce rather easily.

Posted via CB10
    You make a good point about a holster being synonymous with a BB product.... but I believe that is an "old" mindset....and I personally would not want that to continue going forward.

Cmon, to buy a device and to have it sit because a certain accessory was not initially available from the manufacturer ... and then state a fail on the manufacture's part?

I consider myself a core BB user.... and have NEVER used/needed/wanted a pouch or holster. Very impractical for me.

They chose to offer something else based on their resources and how they wanted to go ahead with this launch.
    ....if anything, your expectations failed you ...

Anyway.... hope they put out a holster / pouch for you
    SmileDahling likes this.
    10-24-14 07:52 PM
    Funny how no one criticized the Vu for being "too big", but that is the common "con" of the Passport.
    I suppose that, as Vu 2 and Vu 3 have become a little smaller, somebody must have criticized Vu 1.

I have been carrying my Passport in vertical and horizontal holsters designed for Vu 1. (Unfortunately pouch cases designed for Vu 1 are a little taller than Passport.)

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by yhamaie; 10-25-14 at 06:56 AM.
    10-25-14 04:15 AM
    Very helpful!

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 04:34 AM
    10-29-14 11:38 PM
    Pdair has a vertical pouch that just came on line that is a vertical pouch with clip and it holds the Pp with the hard case on your Pp aswell. Just ordered mine. 7-10 days shipping.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 07:35 AM
    Pouch and Holster-img_20141028_180245.jpg
    Pouch and Holster-img_20141028_180330.jpg

What I got. Custom made.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 08:34 AM
    You make a good point about a holster being synonymous with a BB product.... but I believe that is an "old" mindset....and I personally would not want that to continue going forward.

Cmon, to buy a device and to have it sit because a certain accessory was not initially available from the manufacturer ... and then state a fail on the manufacture's part?

I consider myself a core BB user.... and have NEVER used/needed/wanted a pouch or holster. Very impractical for me.

They chose to offer something else based on their resources and how they wanted to go ahead with this launch.
    ....if anything, your expectations failed you ...

Anyway.... hope they put out a holster / pouch for you
    "Because I don't use it, holsters are impractical"?

BlackBerry 10 is the only mobile OS that includes a holster specific setting such as answering a call just by taking it out of the holster, turning the screen off and on automatically when you put it in and out of the holster, and being able to have a different sound profile (with a third party app).

Like mentioned, there is a high demand for holsters from BlackBerry users, and it is a fail on BlackBerry's part since they could not cater to the needs of the BlackBerry users.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    10-30-14 09:47 AM
    "Because I don't use it, holsters are impractical"?

BlackBerry 10 is the only mobile OS that includes a holster specific setting such as answering a call just by taking it out of the holster, turning the screen off and on automatically when you put it in and out of the holster, and being able to have a different sound profile (with a third party app).

Like mentioned, there is a high demand for holsters from BlackBerry users, and it is a fail on BlackBerry's part since they could not cater to the needs of the BlackBerry users.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    Don't take my statement out of context and paraphrase it.

In all the years that I have had a BB, I have never wanted/needed a holster. I'm sure there are many others in this position as well. Does not mean the concept itself is impractical.
    You make a good point about BB OS having a baked in feature that works with this specific accessory, but perhaps when the PP was launched/designed, it was not thought to be holster type ? Maybe the size, user base in mind, different vision, etc? I'm just guessing at that....

To call a manufacturer a fail because they didn't offer a specific accessory like days of old, to a "new style" device, is not justifiable.

Because this type of device is new to the market, and if they see there is a high enough demand for the holster/pouch, then perhaps BB will make one.

To assume this right off the bat, not knowing if the PP will be well received by the old school holster types or in general, or not, and to decide not to offer THAT particular accessory at launch is not a fail. It is Smart, in my books.
    10-30-14 10:41 AM
    What I got. Custom made.
    Custom made on your sewing machine? It looks very nice.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 05:12 PM
    Because this type of device is new to the market, and if they see there is a high enough demand for the holster/pouch, then perhaps BB will make one.

To assume this right off the bat, not knowing if the PP will be well received by the old school holster types or in general, or not, and to decide not to offer THAT particular accessory at launch is not a fail. It is Smart, in my books.
    I think this exactly why there is no holster, because Chen played it safe, just as he did with the quantity of the first batch of Passports.

There is certainly a market for holsters. I see lots of mid 40-60's business/manager types downtown with their non-BlackBerry phones in holsters. I personally find the holster very functional in terms of consistent muscle memory. Not the most stylish, but I'm definitely one to choose function over form.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    10-30-14 05:34 PM
    Chen said that there would be various accessories available so where are they??

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 05:38 PM
    Definitely liking the horizontal case. Should be easily available and cheaper by the time Verizon gets the PP. Lol

Subscribe to Tri County Catering and Party Idea Channel. Pin #C00123065
    10-31-14 02:33 AM
    I found a slip case on eBay. I ordered a red one for my wife and it arrived today, about ten days from order. It was about $20 with shipping and will do the job until BlackBerry introduces one for the Passport.

There was no sleeper magnet in it. I fitted a magnet from an old holster by taping the magnet inside the case using cloth tape.

It was eBay item 261618269240.

Pouch and Holster-img_20141031_172544_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 03:39 PM
    Custom made on your sewing machine? It looks very nice.

Posted via CB10
    No I ordered it at etsy.com. Originally it was for real passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-14 08:34 PM
    No I ordered it at etsy.com. Originally it was for real passport.

Posted via CB10
    Oh, interesting.
    Just found out etsy is basically the ebay of homemade stuff.

From their ads I saw on the subway, I thought it was just a big company that sold stuff that looked like handmade stuff.
    10-31-14 11:53 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141031_172544_edit.jpg 
Views:	812 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	311037
    It looks very nice.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/261618269240

Posted via CB10
    11-01-14 02:12 AM
    I have buy this.
    Newest High Quality Leather Hand Pouch Protective Case For Blackberry Passport 191375216111 by Ebay
    11-03-14 07:43 AM
    Yep, this is a sticking point for me ...i have always used seido combo Holsters for from my Torch to my Z10 and have loved them.
    Seido has said they are not sure if they will make one for the BBPP, but carrying the phone around or just sticking it in my pocket is a no no for me.

Posted via Digicel Z10 10.2.1.3062
    11-03-14 07:54 AM
    what about the leather flip case in 2 colours ? was that not available to you?
    leather flip case took over a month after launch to be available, in some places still isn't. Oh and its personal opnion but I'd say its junk because its cheap looking materials, and it sticks on like a cheap ebay case. Certainly not made from premium materials or worth the premium price blackberry want for it.
    11-03-14 01:32 PM
    Pouch and Holster-img_20141103_200054.jpg

Home made

Posted via CB10
    11-03-14 05:00 PM
    Details about: PDair Leather Vertical Pouch Case for BlackBerry Passport in Cover With Clip on ebay.
    11-12-14 12:01 AM
49 12