First one developed a habit of rebooting itself. Return that and the second one is flawless. Best smart phone on the market bar none.
    Happy with mine.
    Have a nice PIN.

Slight light bleed on the right side frets,
    Volume Down key is slightly less clickety-click,
    and had some stutter and lag soon followed by a random reboot yesterday. Hope that was a one-off thing...

EDIT:
    "Always look on the bright side on screen,... "
    *whistle*

? ? ? Passposted via CB Chen ? ? ?
    Last edited by Prem WatsApp; 11-12-14 at 04:51 PM.
    11-12-14 04:34 PM
    Flawless!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    11-12-14 05:33 PM
    Your post doesn't feed well into the thread. If you want to discuss the merits and flaws of the phone, what you like and dislike, there are plenty of threads to do that in. The topic of this thread doesn't suit you. Now I totally understand your interest in both the positive and negative features of the phone aesthetically as well as the value of the software. Unfortunately this isn't the thread you'll find these questions answered. There are hundreds of other threads indicating bad hardware experiences and software glitches. That's where you can be free to discuss anything you wish regarding the issues you might have with the phone. We're enjoying ourselves here. We are declaring our devices flawless in whatever sense and definition of the word that we, individually feel, is true. I think we have the right to do so.
    Whoosh........ that's the sound of my point flying directly over your head.

Let me be blunt. Mine is perfect for my needs, I have very little complaints. I'm not sending it back, I'm not complaining to BlackBerry, and I'm certainly not switching platforms. I am very happy with the device. Although, I will admit that I believe there are certain things that need improvement. It is not "flawless" by any definition of the word.

I always try my best to be unbiased and not to be a fanboy, although it is difficult at times. I admit I do get the urge to be a fanatic at times. But, if I posted in this thread that mine was in fact flawless I would be lying to you and myself. I will not do that on pure principal.

I'm happy to tell you and everyone else in this thread that I can see flaws in my hardware, and I'm as equally happy to tell others that I do not share the same flaws as them. Why you may ask? Because I believe it helps others get their sh*t sorted out and make the right decision in what phone suits them best.

I'm sorry if you and others don't like that, but I really don't care. This is an open forum and I will exercise my opinion as you will yours.
    dejanh likes this.
    11-12-14 06:23 PM
    Perfect phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 06:54 PM
    Whoosh........ that's the sound of my point flying directly over your head.

Let me be blunt. Mine is perfect for my needs, I have very little complaints. I'm not sending it back, I'm not complaining to BlackBerry, and I'm certainly not switching platforms. I am very happy with the device. Although, I will admit that I believe there are certain things that need improvement. It is not "flawless" by any definition of the word.

I always try my best to be unbiased and not to be a fanboy, although it is difficult at times. I admit I do get the urge to be a fanatic at times. But, if I posted in this thread that mine was in fact flawless I would be lying to you and myself. I will not do that on pure principal.

I'm happy to tell you and everyone else in this thread that I can see flaws in my hardware, and I'm as equally happy to tell others that I do not share the same flaws as them. Why you may ask? Because I believe it helps others get their sh*t sorted out and make the right decision in what phone suits them best.

I'm sorry if you and others don't like that, but I really don't care. This is an open forum and I will exercise my opinion as you will yours.
    Fine!

Lol

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    11-12-14 07:21 PM
    Flawless. Immaculate device. Very happy with it.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 07:30 PM
    Me.
    Maybe the only thing that gives me grief is sometimes activating the circle cursor for editing text.
    Other than that, and that may be "operator error", my Passport is perfect!

Former 9900, Z10, and Z30 user and lover, but now Passport rocker!
    11-12-14 07:48 PM
    Received my second, third, and fourth Passport and believe it or not, they are absolutely perfect.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 08:07 PM
    Yup

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 08:09 PM
    Three weeks on mine and all is well!

Rockin a Passport with my Awesome Z30! Two great devices are better than 1!
    11-12-14 08:10 PM
    Working fine for me so far! *knock on wood*

Posted via CB10
    11-12-14 08:56 PM
    Posted earlier that mine is flawless. I dropped it a few days ago and still couldn't find any flaws.

This beauty is built to last.

Cheers

Posted via CB10 with BlackBerry PP
    11-12-14 10:04 PM
    mine is working great.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-12-14 10:41 PM
    Flawless.
    11-12-14 10:43 PM
    mine is working great.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Oh the irony! *facepalm*

Posted via CB10
    reeneebob likes this.
    11-12-14 11:02 PM
    2 Passports - had them 2 weeks - no problems. Even dropped one on tile - no problems.
    11-12-14 11:57 PM
    I bought two and they are flawless. I love every moment with it.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 12:10 AM
    Had mine for 5 weeks now. Not a single problem. No physical issues or anything. Rocking 10.3.1 now and loving it.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 12:24 AM
    I've had 6 flawless passports. Had to return it 5 times because it's too flawless.

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    11-13-14 04:49 PM
    Admittedly only 24 hours in but I am loving this thing.

It certainly ticks the productivity boxes!

And yeah, mines absolutely fine.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 04:59 PM
    Since you feel like that, may I suggest that you, and many other "BlackBerry defenders" who feel like they can't do any wrong stay out of the defect threads. Right now your whole lot seems to be rather keen on participating on both sides of the equation. I'll use this one again, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

To the point of the guy who you're responding to, I have seen at least a couple of people who posted "flawless" in here and then posted "other than light bleed" or "screen gap" or whatever, in other threads. The phone is either flawless or flawed. There is no in-between. We can however surely debate where the flawless vs. flawed line gets drawn.

This thread does in fact take the cake for weird and pointless.

Posted via CB10
    I totally agree with you on this. What is flawless for one may be flawed for another. I think I posted in one of your threads in order to understand your issues well. The screen splitting lifting is definitely an issue and one that has me concerned about my phone from day one. But after three weeks of using it my concerns start to fade. Will it ever split in the future? I don't know. Will I treat it differently from my other phones to preserve it? Nope. I will use it like my other phones with no extra care needed.

If the light bleeds happen to my keyboard after continued usage will I fret about it? Probably not as I have experienced this in other laptops also ?(macbook air). Would I get upset if the screen starts to split? Yes I would, who wouldn't. (special thanks to dejanh we now have a DIY fix for the screen issue).

Again different people different standards. Usually, I do get to move on to a different phone before it conks out.

I am satisfied with my device right now and I really wanna know more about the defects that's why I read CB for the defects thread. I also want too weed out 'defects' that I wouldn't consider as defects, not because I am questioning that person but because I want to understand more the actual defect %.

We used to import laptops and computers and they have an accepted 5% defect rate per shipment. Which means if you import 1000 units they will ship 1050 units to you with the 50 units being the buffer for defect (and yes, as a reseller we do have to process the defects for the manufacturer and use the buffer for our replacement).

I have no experience in importing phones so I don't know the accepted defect rate. But I would think it's the same as the 5%.

On a side note, older stuffs were really built to last. Now manufacturing of electronics has now focused on built to last until the next version comes out. This is true for laptops and phones. Who has the gen 1 IBM thinkpad that still works up to now? Who has an old Nokia phone that still works up to now? It's sad but with the competition and with how fast technology becomes obsolete, it's no longer practical to build devices that last a lifetime.

But again getting a defective device upon opening it is a bummer.

Posted via CB10
    the3maples likes this.
    11-13-14 06:24 PM
    Love my Passport, no complaints!

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 06:43 PM
    You know what!!!! BlackBerry don't give a Damm with us consumer at all!!! BlackBerry gave up with the consumers market already!!!!

I can care less!!! What I see it that BlackBerry is making everyone else better but not BlackBerry itself!!!! I don't see any improvements in their apps. The android App on BB10 suck big time. And I don't see any BlackBerry phone around anymore in Asia. Really!!! None!!!! My Q10 keyboard are worn out and I can't find any replacement.... no ever the protection film or cases. Everyone is surprise in sense of mocking that I am still using BlackBerry phone!!!

I going for iPhone 6 with the Typo keyboard.

Q10 Qwerty Lover.
    Well, if you can't take the heat get out of the oven I say! Enjoy the iphone!

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    11-13-14 06:50 PM
    Flawless so far. Let's hope it stays that way lol

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 06:53 PM
    Proudly first owner in Chile

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    11-13-14 07:06 PM
511 ... 1011121314 ...