So. Looks like I am not alone.

Posted with my 6 week old superb Passport!
    Ornithological species of equivalent plumage...

It is possible to rig a survey by selecting particular questions or by picking a particular audience. So if one started a thread asking for all those who had a hardware flaw, I'm sure there would be plenty of posts as well. On CB we have both raving fanboys and tech nuts, but the common denominator is that both are very much interested in the perfection or flaws of their devices, unlike the average user.

To speak to the subject of this thread, my third Passport is flawless so far. The first one was so close to being perfect but for the most nit-picky thing. The second one did deserve an exchange.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    dejanh likes this.
    11-11-14 03:38 PM
    Any device can have a possible flaw. It's just good to hear many people are very happy to find their Passport is in excellent condition.

Posted with my 6 week old superb Passport!
    11-11-14 04:04 PM
    Ornithological species of equivalent plumage...

It is possible to rig a survey by selecting particular questions or by picking a particular audience. So if one started a thread asking for all those who had a hardware flaw, I'm sure there would be plenty of posts as well. On CB we have both raving fanboys and tech nuts, but the common denominator is that both are very much interested in the perfection or flaws of their devices, unlike the average user.

To speak to the subject of this thread, my third Passport is flawless so far. The first one was so close to being perfect but for the most nit-picky thing. The second one did deserve an exchange.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    There are a lot more threads pointing out the negative. This is a thread that brings some light to the forums. Why not keep it that way?

Posted via unlocked PASSPORT
    bungaboy likes this.
    11-11-14 04:07 PM
    I'll be honest, I think this is a pretty weird thread. First, for me to consider something "flawless" it has to be really amazing. Second, I assume we are talking hardware here, because the software clearly still needs a little work in some areas.

So... I'd really like to join in and say "Mine too" in this thread, but you know there are some flaws. My keys are not all perfectly the same height, the right side is a minuscule higher. My top volume button is a little loose. And, if I push on the back in a certain spot there's a little give.

Nit picky? Insanely. And, most likely these are all issues from being used or being in my pocket, aside from the volume button. Does any of it bother me or leave me disappointed? Not in the slightest.

The thing is, thinking about it, there is a certain failed logic in this type of let's-all-pat-ourselves-on-the-back thread. We should be discussing the merits and flaws of the phone, what we like and dislike. It shows what is good and what is bad. It strives towards improvement.

Saying it's flawless and having everyone agree, I fail to see the point and gather some flaws are ignored.

For the record, I'm extremely happy with my month old Passport and will be for sometime to come.
    11-11-14 04:21 PM
    Received Flawless...

BlackBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    11-11-14 04:22 PM
    Flawless, I woke up like this.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 04:26 PM
    I just received my 2nd passport as my first one was defective. This new one works perfectly..

BlackBerry Passport - 10.3 - WIND Mobile
    11-11-14 04:29 PM
    I'll be honest, I think this is a pretty weird thread. First, for me to consider something "flawless" it has to be really amazing. Second, I assume we are talking hardware here, because the software clearly still needs a little work in some areas.

So... I'd really like to join in and say "Mine too" in this thread, but you know there are some flaws. My keys are not all perfectly the same height, the right side is a minuscule higher. My top volume button is a little loose. And, if I push on the back in a certain spot there's a little give.

Nit picky? Insanely. And, most likely these are all issues from being used or being in my pocket, aside from the volume button. Does any of it bother me or leave me disappointed? Not in the slightest.

The thing is, thinking about it, there is a certain failed logic in this type of let's-all-pat-ourselves-on-the-back thread. We should be discussing the merits and flaws of the phone, what we like and dislike. It shows what is good and what is bad. It strives towards improvement.

Saying it's flawless and having everyone agree, I fail to see the point and gather some flaws are ignored.

For the record, I'm extremely happy with my month old Passport and will be for sometime to come.
    Your post doesn't feed well into the thread. If you want to discuss the merits and flaws of the phone, what you like and dislike, there are plenty of threads to do that in. The topic of this thread doesn't suit you. Now I totally understand your interest in both the positive and negative features of the phone aesthetically as well as the value of the software. Unfortunately this isn't the thread you'll find these questions answered. There are hundreds of other threads indicating bad hardware experiences and software glitches. That's where you can be free to discuss anything you wish regarding the issues you might have with the phone. We're enjoying ourselves here. We are declaring our devices flawless in whatever sense and definition of the word that we, individually feel, is true. I think we have the right to do so.

11-11-14 04:35 PM
    Your post doesn't feed well into the thread. If you want to discuss the merits and flaws of the phone, what you like and dislike, there are plenty of threads to do that in. The topic of this thread doesn't suit you. Now I totally understand your interest in both the positive and negative features of the phone aesthetically as well as the value of the software. Unfortunately this isn't the thread you'll find these questions answered. There are hundreds of other threads indicating bad hardware experiences and software glitches. That's where you can be free to discuss anything you wish regarding the issues you might have with the phone. We're enjoying ourselves here. We are declaring our devices flawless in whatever sense and definition of the word that we, individually feel, is true. I think we have the right to do so.

Since you feel like that, may I suggest that you, and many other "BlackBerry defenders" who feel like they can't do any wrong stay out of the defect threads. Right now your whole lot seems to be rather keen on participating on both sides of the equation. I'll use this one again, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

To the point of the guy who you're responding to, I have seen at least a couple of people who posted "flawless" in here and then posted "other than light bleed" or "screen gap" or whatever, in other threads. The phone is either flawless or flawed. There is no in-between. We can however surely debate where the flawless vs. flawed line gets drawn.

This thread does in fact take the cake for weird and pointless.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 04:44 PM
    Have had mine for about 3 weeks now, and have had no issues. Does everything as advertised, and everything I need out of a smartphone. Zero complaints. Pulled it out at work (local Police Service), and all my Platoon members were in awe. Didn't take me long to show what it could do, and 2 guys went out and got one the next day.
    11-11-14 04:49 PM
    I've had mine for 2 weeks and so far so good!

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 05:31 PM
    Just got it for 12 hours and it's been the best phone I ever used

Posted via Passport10
    11-11-14 05:37 PM
    Yes, not a single problem. Mine was purchased day 1. Perhaps the subsequent batches were rushed thru production and they skipped qc steps?

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 05:55 PM
    Since you feel like that, may I suggest that you, and many other "BlackBerry defenders" who feel like they can't do any wrong stay out of the defect threads. Right now your whole lot seems to be rather keen on participating on both sides of the equation. I'll use this one again, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

To the point of the guy who you're responding to, I have seen at least a couple of people who posted "flawless" in here and then posted "other than light bleed" or "screen gap" or whatever, in other threads. The phone is either flawless or flawed. There is no in-between. We can however surely debate where the flawless vs. flawed line gets drawn.

This thread does in fact take the cake for weird and pointless.

Posted via CB10
    +1.

Very well put. I find it interesting that many of the BlackBerry faithful feel the need to post in all of the threads where people discuss problems saying how those people must be lying. Then for some reason they don't want anyone posting in their BlackBerry is perfect thread.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    solitude1984 likes this.
    11-11-14 05:57 PM
    One week user and it's just the best of the best of the best ever if only BlackBerry bridge function well or at least have blend for it will be even better

Posted via CB 10 app from a glorious BlackBerry Passport
    11-11-14 06:18 PM
    Lovely and flawless, is my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 06:19 PM
    Yep. Got mine thru Bell And humming along with no issues. Only issue is with USB plug in option not working well. Should be fixed thru an update.
    11-11-14 06:22 PM
    Zero issues. Flawless Passport
    11-11-14 06:23 PM
    Yep.. me too.. flawless and AWESOME!

Posted via CB10 on my Awesome BlackBerry Passport
    11-11-14 06:27 PM
    Perfect here!
    11-11-14 07:21 PM
    No issues here.

Posted on my passport
    11-11-14 07:24 PM
    I've had mine for 3 weeks and no issues at all

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 07:25 PM
    Mine is working fine also.
    11-11-14 07:30 PM
    Two weeks and haven't had a problem. It's my first blackberry device too.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 07:33 PM
    Flawless here, 3 weeks old

Posted via CB10
    11-11-14 07:55 PM
511 ... 678910 ...