@ lawguyman: A very good idea and find. I never knew and thought that there is more behind the release button than just pressing it to get a picture. Thanks for sharing it.

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 06:38 AM
    Like many people, I have had trouble keeping things in focus with the Passport Camera. Then I did some digging. I believe that the Passport's autofocus mode is "Continuous." See here.

Sony Global - Digital Imaging - Basic knowledge

Reading that in Continuous mode, the shutter button needs to be held down in order to focus properly, I tried that on Passport. Guess what? Holding the shutter button down keeps the image in focus! Just let go of the shutter button to snap a pic. Slide you finger off the button if you don't want to take a pic.

This solves the issue of the focus darting around non-stop. I have not taken many pictures using it so far so I don't know how dramatic the change will be but I THINK, this solves most of the issues.

Post if this works for you (or if it doesn't).

Assuming this is the way the camera is supposed to work, it is crazy that Blackberry never explains it anywhere.
    Oh man! Thank you!!

Posted via CB10
    11-07-15 10:25 AM
    Still trying to get some help on this - my front facing camera has perfect focus so I'm able to take photos of my work receipts, however I would like for the back camera to start working as well :P Any suggestions? I don't think it's software related since the front facing camera is perfect.

Thanks for your suggestions in advance
    01-27-16 08:33 AM
    Wonderful find, @Lawguyman!! Wow!! - this definitely makes the whole process more satisfying and less frustrating!! Thanks again!!
    01-27-16 09:50 AM
    Now that was really interesting and a lot helpful.. thanks guys

Posted via CB10
    01-27-16 01:01 PM
105 ... 345