Hi,

I am interested to grab this beauty but the country I reside now (Cambodia) doesn't have stock or not even will have it. So I was thinking to make my purchase in Vietnam instead. But my biggest worry is will the phone work in Cambodia if I purchase an unlock version? Sorry if I ask a silly question but this is just to make sure everything goes well. And this is my very first Blackberry. And 1 more thing, how do I know it is an unlock version? Many many many thanks crackberry!
    11-10-14 03:01 AM
    Different models have different frequencies. Just check which one to get before you buy it.
    cypherlwind likes this.
    11-10-14 03:21 AM
    The passport currently have a one model that works with 95% of the providers in the world. Yes it should work with any one of the top 3 providers in Cambodia.
    cypherlwind likes this.
    11-10-14 03:41 AM
    The passport works nearly everywhere. There is only one model. The passport can handle GSM networks but not CDMA such as verizon.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 O2 UK
    11-10-14 07:06 AM
    Hi cypherlwind ,

Welcome to Crackberry!

Yes, an Unlocked Blackberry passport will work with every GSM network in Cambodia, no problem.

Best way to know if a phone is unlocked is to try inserting a couple simcards from different networks. If the phone asks for the MEP code/Unlock Code then it is LOCKED, If it doesn't ask for an unlock code and accepts both simcards and loads the network then it is UNLOCKED.

Cheers,

James
    Hi,

I am interested to grab this beauty but the country I reside now (Cambodia) doesn't have stock or not even will have it. So I was thinking to make my purchase in Vietnam instead. But my biggest worry is will the phone work in Cambodia if I purchase an unlock version? Sorry if I ask a silly question but this is just to make sure everything goes well. And this is my very first Blackberry. And 1 more thing, how do I know it is an unlock version? Many many many thanks crackberry!
    11-10-14 02:52 PM