Is it possible to unlock a blackberry passport still on contract and use it without any problems with the carriers in India.
    09-26-14 03:05 PM
    Unlocking codes may be expensive initially, but yeah--you should be able to use the Passport on a GSM network in India. Just don't expect any LTE.
    09-26-14 03:54 PM
    Hey mohit reddy,

Yes it is possible, you won't have any problems if it's still on contract.

The passport will work with every GSM network in india with no problems, it supports all the bands of the Indian GSM networks.

In order for the data services and mms to work, you may need to add your networks APN settings if they don't auto update when you put in your Indian sim card.

If you need help doing that when you start using your phone in India feel free to PM me and I will help

Cheers
    09-26-14 04:35 PM
    If I buy the phone in US with an at&t contract and bring it to India,will I still be able to use LTE and other services.
    09-26-14 11:09 PM
    If I buy the phone in US with an at&t contract and bring it to India,will I still be able to use LTE and other services.
    Yeah it will still work, but then you will have to continue paying AT&T for your contract.

You should buy it from Shop BlackBerry. It's already unlocked

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 11:12 PM
    LTE will not work in India. The bands they (Airtel or Aircel) use for LTE in India are not in this phone.
    09-26-14 11:42 PM