Kpo posted some rumored prices on their BBM Channel. Don't know how realistic they are. Just wanted to share if you haven't seen it yet.

Passport: 600/650$
    Classic: 369/400$

Possible prices (rumors/leak)-img_20140813_131421.png

Source: C00019CAE

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    Last edited by bitratebb; 08-13-14 at 06:29 AM.
    08-13-14 06:12 AM
    Atleast not like the q and z series pricing. This is logical and acceptable

Posted from my Black Beast Q10
    08-13-14 06:45 AM
    Prices look fantastic, I'd have thought at least �550 for the passport and �350 - �400 for the classic (VAT inclusive) based on other flagship prices. If BlackBerry can deliver them at this cost I will definitely be investing in a passport at launch!

Posted from my Z or Q!
    08-13-14 07:27 AM
    Wow! Reasonable prices! Hope these are true, although BlackBerry and reasonable doesn't usually go hand in hand..
    Eno Karapici likes this.
    08-13-14 08:19 AM
    Pretty good prices. Gotta strike that happy medium between attracting demand with a lower price but covering margins and turning A profit.

A new iPhone is what $750? But of course they already have the (sheep) demand

White Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925 = heaven.
    rukdngme likes this.
    08-13-14 08:22 AM
    These rumored prices have been floating around a while.

Lucas Atkins was the first to share on his Twitter those rumored prices.

Posted via CB10
    Z30Commission likes this.
    08-13-14 09:03 AM
    rumors mean noting....
    08-13-14 09:07 AM
    These rumored prices have been floating around a while.

Lucas Atkins was the first to share on his Twitter those rumored prices.

Posted via CB10
    And..can you confirm these rumors? I am pretty sure that with such aggressive prices BlackBerry will sell these two devices quite well!
    08-13-14 09:37 AM
    If this is true it's a very, very good move.

I really hope this is going to be the final price tag

Posted via CB10
    08-13-14 10:04 AM
    And..can you confirm these rumors? I am pretty sure that with such aggressive prices BlackBerry will sell these two devices quite well!
    What's aggressive about pricing the Passport at $650 USD? That's $710 CAD and comparable to the top tier Android and intro level iPhone, both of which have more bang for your buck than Blackberry 10. If this is the price, it is much too high.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    08-13-14 10:53 AM
    What's aggressive about pricing the Passport at $650 USD? That's $710 CAD and comparable to the top tier Android and intro level iPhone, both of which have more bang for your buck than Blackberry 10. If this is the price, it is much too high.

In Italy the iphone 5S was sold for at least 730 euros and so will the iphone 6. Which means 975 DOLLARS!!! The Q10 and the Z10 were sold, at the very beginning, for 699 euros: 935 DOLLARS!!! The Samsung S5 when come out was sold at the same price and NOW it is sold for 600 euros: more than 800 DOLLARS!!! So,yes, for me 600-650 DOLLARS, which means 450-485 EUROS it is aggressive pricing! And consider the Passport specs: top of the line ;-) Please don't blame on the processor which is not the latest!
    08-13-14 02:05 PM
    I had stated a price that is $649.99 for Canada.

$600 US.

This is based of internal information, which Lucas received too.

This is by no means a confirmation, but it's the most credible information regarding price out there.

Posted via CB10
    smart548 likes this.
    08-13-14 02:14 PM
    I had stated a price that is $649.99 for Canada.

$600 US.

This is based of internal information, which Lucas received too.

This is by no means a confirmation, but it's the most credible information regarding price out there.

Posted via CB10
    I've received too from internal information friend , this rumored price are probably the real price as my source said but I can't say who is he as you know :s

posted via my Q10SQN100-3/10.3.0.xxx (don't ask)
    LeeU1911 likes this.
    08-13-14 02:34 PM
    Yes, these are good prices!

Sent from my Z 30
    08-13-14 05:39 PM
    They should do a trade-in/discount offer for current BlackBerry users.
    08-13-14 06:09 PM
    I hope $500-550 for The Passport. I paid full price for the Z10 gosh darnit!
    08-13-14 06:26 PM
    I may be voicing an unpopular stance here, but does the price really have any great significance to anyone?

If you are a 'technophile'/'early adopter' or whatever, most demographic metrics suggest that you have more disposable income then the average Joe. I think it is reasonable to assume that the price will be somewhere between $500 and $1000 and if you fall in the afore mentioned category, then you probably don't really care.

If you are not a 'bleeding edger' (there's another one of those terms), then you're just going to wait for your contract to renew and it's either going to be $99 or $199, depending on how long after your renewal you wait and what kind of deals the carriers are offering.

Yes / No? Am I missing something?

Posted via CB10
    austriker and spikesolie like this.
    08-13-14 07:03 PM
    I may be voicing an unpopular stance here, but does the price really have any great significance to anyone?
    There is the perception of a "fair" price for the device, given its specs, brand, desirability, etc. There are always threshold prices that the majority of people will agree is "fair" for X.
    08-13-14 07:19 PM

If you are a 'technophile'/'early adopter' or whatever, most demographic metrics suggest that you have more disposable income then the average Joe. I think it is reasonable to assume that the price will be somewhere between $500 and $1000 and if you fall in the afore mentioned category, then you probably don't really care.

If you are not a 'bleeding edger' (there's another one of those terms), then you're just going to wait for your contract to renew and it's either going to be $99 or $199, depending on how long after your renewal you wait and what kind of deals the carriers are offering.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. I never will see myself able to justify buying a Porsche designed BlackBerry. No matter how bad the addiction gets.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    08-13-14 10:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    There is the perception of a "fair" price for the device, given its specs, brand, desirability, etc. There are always threshold prices that the majority of people will agree is "fair" for X.
    ^
    What he said.

Fair pricing considering the overall package is why it's important.
    Selling a BlackBerry at the exact same price point an iPhone sits, just doesn't work. It's that simple.

So if BlackBerry wants to move some devices, they need to price their devices accordingly.
    500 Euro, if this is true, is a pretty aggressive pricing for BlackBerry and that's something a lot of people wanted to see from them.

Personally, I think that the 300 Euro for the Classic are a very nice sign that BlackBerry is down to earth again.
    The Classic form factor is currently one of the least desired in the marketplace.
    So it makes sense to price it cheap, since I see the Classic as the real enterprise phone, when we compare it to the Passport.

A known and cheap form factor, made for writing a lot of messages.
    The ones who don't like the keyboard should be able to get a LTE Z3 as an alternative enterprise phone.

For the consumer who potentially liked the keyboard, but disliked the other limitations of the Classic, the Passport might actually be a real alternative to a full touch phone. Especially when its priced realistically.
    At 500 Euro I'd probably buy it at launch.

Posted via CB10
    bitratebb likes this.
    08-14-14 02:46 AM

Ok look. If I remember correctly from previous posts of yours you change your phones like others their underwear and at the same time you're very price conscious and look up every spec point and value as well as resale value you get for each buck you spend. I don't think they majority of people act like this and certainly not the targeted audience in this case.

1. Good salary
    2. On contract price
    3. Phone design with an absolutely unique combination of hardware keyboard and screen real estate
    = 4. Shut up and take my money
    wincyUt and spikesolie like this.
    08-14-14 05:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    I think you are correct with this. They will get as much as they can from early adopters, as I sit here tying on my $649 Q10.

I think I'll sit out for a few months and wait for the price of the Passport to come down a bit before jumping in. As great as it looks, it's just a phone and I have other bills to pay.

A $649 price tag seems reasonable to start, but I'll wait until it's in the $500 or less range before jumping in.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 02:07 PM
    I have paid 750 Euro ( around 1000 usd) for the Q10 back in May 2013 and it was to much. Two months from the realese the Q10 price here was 500 Eur and now is 270 Eur.

I hope that they keep these suggested prices. If not I hardly will wait at least 3-4 months that prices to go down.

In the past BB has applied always high prices and have purchased some.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 02:28 PM
    Rs. 40,000 INR exp
    08-15-14 03:39 AM
    $600 is way too high.

$350 /$400 for the classic and $450 / $500 for the Passport.

It will not sell well if at all above that price point. (apart from selling to some of us in these forums)

Posted via CB10
    08-15-14 06:56 AM
31 12