Hi all,

I'm operating in an area of the U.S. where the signal from Verizon Wireless dominates AT&T's and T-Mobile. (It's a terrain issue).

In my case, Verizon Wireless' domination is unfortunate because I'm a T-Mobile subscriber. So ... no text or voice calls from T-Mobile. Is there a way to configure the device to ignore Verizon Wireless' signal?

Thanks in advance!
    09-01-15 07:55 AM
    Sure. In your network settings change it from automatic to manual and select your carrier.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 08:02 AM
    Usually when you're using a carrier, it will just ignore the others! It's one carrier per SIM

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 08:03 AM
    That would seem to be more of a FCC issue than something you can tweak with a device setting.
    Or are you saying your device keeps trying to switch over to the Verizon network?

If you are in an area where Verizon is jamming T-Mobile, that is for the FCC to handle.
    If it's because, as you say a terrain issue, that T-Mobile's service is a dead zone, but another tower with Verizon is not, then that is a carrier issue and not really something that can be fixed with a device setting. You may try and reach out to T-Mobile to see if they have an Cell Extender device, if you work full time or are a resident in the dead zone. That may help you and other T-Mobile users.
    newcollector likes this.
    09-01-15 08:05 AM
    Carriers operate in different frequency ranges, so there should be no practical interference amongst them. However if T Mobile's signal becomes unreachable the phone does 'fall back' to SOS mode so that you can at least place emergency calls with it.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 08:15 AM