I just finished configuring my modem which is a Netgear WNDR3700v3. I added a d-link wifi extender running both 2.4G and 5G, I use the 5G. I set my xbox live with its own IP address and port forward. It may not be necessary but that got me thinking, with all the devices in our home ( hence the need for porting Xbox ) can I do the same for my Passport, has anyone done this?
    05-02-16 04:07 PM
    What are you running on your Passport that needs port forwarding?

However, a static IP should be doable from your modem settings, if you need to keep it consistent for some reason.
    05-02-16 04:41 PM
    What are you running on your Passport that needs port forwarding?

However, a static IP should be doable from your modem settings, if you need to keep it consistent for some reason.
    Im just curious because there are 3 to 4 people on the wifi all the time and once in awhile my phone will be slow watching YouTube for ex. Thinking of the Xbox I wonder if setting up my phone the same way will make a difference or not.
    05-02-16 09:55 PM
    Im just curious because there are 3 to 4 people on the wifi all the time and once in awhile my phone will be slow watching YouTube for ex. Thinking of the Xbox I wonder if setting up my phone the same way will make a difference or not.
    A faster router would probably make more of a difference.
    05-02-16 10:06 PM
    In that case, you might want to consider limiting their speed using QoS or ip address priority..

Posted via BlackBerry Passport SE..XY
    05-02-16 10:43 PM
    In that case, you might want to consider limiting their speed using QoS or ip address priority..

Posted via BlackBerry Passport SE..XY
    Interesting, didn't think of the Qos, I'll go that option first. Thanks guys
    05-03-16 09:05 AM