I am sooooooo frustrated that BB has made the best device yet and it's nowhere to be found. The marketing has been atrocious, the black passport has been made available to a few. It's being black marketed and sold at inflated prices elsewhere. The White passport is only available in pictures. The White hard shell case is available but the black is not. I feel someone with an IQ of a worm has been made in charge of the entire manufacturing, supply and marketing. Really shameful for a company wanting to build on this fantastic device! Shocks me!!!
    10-17-14 04:31 PM
    I guess. However, all back ordered devices are now shipping and people are getting their devices so...
    radman004 likes this.
    10-17-14 04:35 PM
    I am sooooooo frustrated that BB has made the best device yet and it's nowhere to be found. The marketing has been atrocious, the black passport has been made available to a few. It's being black marketed and sold at inflated prices elsewhere. The White passport is only available in pictures. The White hard shell case is available but the black is not. I feel someone with an IQ of a worm has been made in charge of the entire manufacturing, supply and marketing. Really shameful for a company wanting to build on this fantastic device! Shocks me!!!
    It seems that Blackberry is damned if they do, damned if they don't. They either build too many or too few. For a niche device that is really only intended for enterprise use I would have thought people would have been rather pleased that there's a bit of a wait, it indicates success on so many levels. Would you rather the Passport was a success early on and difficult to procure or would you rather have availability and have it a commercial flop like the Z10? You can't have it both ways.

So boy genius, if you believe that marketing has been "atrocious", how would you have done things differently when on any metric the device has been a success?
    radman004 likes this.
    10-17-14 04:43 PM
    well works this way.... BB could have made one million passport off the hop.... the Passport could have flopped and BB would be hit the label of loser again..... Unfortunately BB does not have a crystal ball... for the survival of the company they have to be conservative with stock or risk the company going under... does it really kill people to wait... Neighbour is still waiting for his Iphone plus he ordered on line before the Passport launch... guess patience is not longer a virtue in this " I have to have it now" society....
    radman004 likes this.
    10-17-14 04:43 PM
    It's alright for being a fan but being a stupid fan is no help. No one can deny the marketing has been atrocious. I have walked into all carrier stores on at least 2 high streets and not one had a clue about the passport or when it would be available. Let alone a demo piece. Having said that I still will wait and buy it (already pre-ordered 2weeks ago).
    Alright patience is a virtue but a month is definitely too long. As the projected delivery now by CPW is week starting 27th. It's just frustrating.
    10-17-14 04:51 PM
    You gonna tell tales to your grandchildren of the "Passport Out of Stock Disaster of 2014" . Like you said, you know what it is, you want to buy it, and it's hard to buy cause a lot of other people want to buy it too. Seems like a win. Honestly you'll forget all of this once you have one in your hands.
    10-17-14 05:18 PM