Mine's been fairly comparable with battery performance when I'm not doing heavy duty desktop-version browsing.
    03-05-15 07:39 PM
    Sachesi says this "Radio 10.3.1.2073 skipped. Newer version is installed(10.3.1.2481)." How do I uninstall the radio?
    03-05-15 09:34 PM
    Sachesi says this "Radio 10.3.1.2073 skipped. Newer version is installed(10.3.1.2481)." How do I uninstall the radio?
    Uncheck new files only box first. No need to uninstall radio.
    03-05-15 10:30 PM
    My battery life is better with radio 2073 but not great. Today I looked at what was running headless and all sorts of Android apps were. I stopped them and battery life improved, naturally. Question is how to keep these apps from running. I don't recall ever having started them, certainly not since my last reboot.
    03-05-15 10:31 PM
    Did you just drag n drop the radio file into Sachesi? Or delete the old radio file first? I'm willing to give this a go.

BlackBerry Passport / OS 10.3.1.2480/ SQW100-3 / BBM 2C05E109
    Drag and drop and untick the install newer files option, it's a matter of a few seconds. Oh, and reboot after
    03-06-15 04:47 AM
    I have unlocked ShopBB Passport and have been on 10.3.1.2480 since the unofficial fix update came out for the flickering. I too found that the radio 2073 was better battery life. I find with this update that the battery does drain faster. So I have taken the plunge and installed the radio 2073 back using Sachesi. Before I was getting more than one day of battery and with the fix update I was getting 24 hours or less. Maybe when the official fix is released they will have taken care of the battery at the same time.
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    03-06-15 09:13 AM
    If standby consumes the most power, you have to turn off the phone and restart a bit later. The problem goes away for a day or two, but it comes back.
    You have to reboot again.
    Hopefully Rogers will send a fix to this crappy 10.3.1 OS. 10.3.0 was flawless. There is nothing in 10.3.1 worth the update over 10.3.0, not even the camera focus...
    With desktop flash in the browser, the Passport was like a laptop...now we have to use the browser in mobile mode to view videos on websites and some won't work at all, especially live streaming TV websites, the globe and Mail desktop website, TVO, etc.
    03-06-15 07:13 PM
    Posting to keep an eye on it... my battery life is good but I have noticed lately that the phone is heating up for no reason...

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 10:31 PM
    @snakestyle I posted in your other thread, but I thought I would share my story on this for what it is worth. I upgraded to 10.3.1 on 2/28 and had no issued for several days. On 3/5, I noticed around noon that my phone was almost dead and that "standby" was being reported as the culprit:

Poor battery life and running hot on new passport-img_20150305_112435.png

Turns out the issue was high CPU usage, being attributed to "system."

Poor battery life and running hot on new passport-img_20150305_154111.png

I rebooted and things calmed down for about 90 minutes or so, but as you can see from the graph below, the CPU started cranking up again, and most of the usage was being attributed to "system" and "standby."

Poor battery life and running hot on new passport-img_20150305_153926.png

Posts on here looked like they were pointing the finger at apps rather than the OS, so I did a bit of head scratching and vaguely remembered that I had installed the Kindle Android app and downloaded a book the night before this all started. The spike in data usage below shows when the book was downloaded:

Poor battery life and running hot on new passport-img_20150306_095419.png

So that's about 9:30 or so on Wednesday night. I was figuring all this out around the time I took this next screenshot, which shows a small spike in the "system" CPU usage at the time of that download and then, after a brief delay, the usage goes up and stays up permanently. The valleys in this graph are times I rebooted my phone, with the exception of the cliff at the very end, which is when I finally Uninstalled Kindle:

Poor battery life and running hot on new passport-img_20150306_095432.png

You can see in the graph below that uninstalling the app essentially fixed the problem. CPU usage stayed low all day after that, with the exception of this evening when I have actually been using the phone more or less continuously:

Poor battery life and running hot on new passport-img_20150306_225452.png

Anyway, hopefully my story will help you in diagnosing the issue you are having. Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    christausky likes this.
    03-06-15 10:56 PM
    'woofhaven' good research, exactly the same symptoms. I have removed Kindle will monitor for a couple of days and report back. It's a shame though as I use this a lot.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 03:40 AM
    I also had the Kindle app on my phone. I just deleted and will see if this fixes it. Thanks for sharing.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 12:56 PM
    Guess where I deleted the Kindle app?

Thanks for the tip.

Poor battery life and running hot on new passport-img_20150323_181836.png
    03-23-15 12:19 PM
    I have an AT&T Passport and battery has been amazing. Off of charge Friday morning at 7:30am and at 11pm Saturday night still had 28% left with moderate usage. It runs a little warm with long calls but pretty cool otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 12:30 PM
    I have similar issues as some of these users have reported. After the 1779 update my battery life seem to have gotten worse and the battery drains quicker while overnight. Do you guys know if I rollback the OS if my info gets deleted?

My battery stats look like spikes nowadays. http://imgur.com/gNKsvJ8

Before it used to look like mountain slopes instead of sharp spikes. Was getting about a day and half now less than a day or about a day usage.
    03-23-15 03:43 PM
    It's the Android apps that you all have on your phone. You may think they are closed but they are running in the background.....all of them......

Get a Task Manager from Snap and you will see what is really running on your phones. It's crazy!

The Task manager will keep them closed and your battery will go back to 2+ days.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-15 03:44 PM
    So I'm running 10.3.0 stock and had the same issue.. it all started when kindle had an update...I removed it and noticed a significant improvement . It has since been updated and it seems better but I'm now removing it again to confirm it is a culprit as my battery is still not the same.
    03-23-15 04:16 PM
    Please tell me if Kindle is the culprit because I do have Kindle installed and have similar issue.
    03-23-15 04:23 PM
    Interesting theory on Kindle causing the issue. My Passport was getting hot again. I went to Ghost Commander to see what Android app was running. I saw that the Kindle service was stuck at restarting. I closed it and the heat stopped. Let's see if it can continue that way...

Posted via CB10
    Paul Callahan likes this.
    03-24-15 02:05 AM
    Interesting theory on Kindle causing the issue. My Passport was getting hot again. I went to Ghost Commander to see what Android app was running. I saw that the Kindle service was stuck at restarting. I closed it and the heat stopped. Let's see if it can continue that way...

Posted via CB10
    So far my passport is back to normal after getting rid of kindle again. Btw... how do I use ghost commander to see what android apps are running? Can't find something like that in the menu?
    Paul Callahan likes this.
    03-24-15 06:39 AM
    What if my problems aren't from Kindle app and I rarely have any Android apps installed. I have all the same Android apps I had before when battery was good and now the battery is bad. My CPU shows that the browser is the culprit? Taking up the most usage than display second.

If I look at it from 24 hours it's browser and system.
    03-24-15 06:58 AM
    So far my passport is back to normal after getting rid of kindle again. Btw... how do I use ghost commander to see what android apps are running? Can't find something like that in the menu?
    From the left menu go all the way down to Settings (it should have an Android icon). Hold press and it should give you an option to Launch "Settings". From there, within the Device group, select Apps. One of the tabs will be "Running". The application listed are those Android applications that are running (and how long they have been running).
    03-24-15 03:39 PM
    Is the Passport supposed to heat up when charging? As far as I can tell, it didn't at first but as soon as I installed 2582, it has been warming up when charging. So has the charger by the way. Is this common?

Posted via CB10
    03-24-15 04:47 PM
    Is the Passport supposed to heat up when charging? As far as I can tell, it didn't at first but as soon as I installed 2582, it has been warming up when charging. So has the charger by the way. Is this common?

Posted via CB10
    It should be OK. Check your device manager and see if there is a spike in Stand By or System resources when it is charging. You will know if there is a problem when your phone isn't fully charged when it normally should be (increase in charging time).
    03-24-15 05:52 PM
    That shouldn't be happening mate. Update latest software 10.3.11779 then reset your phone then you should be fine. May take a day or so for the battery and new update to settle down but it will be fine. If it's not then contact BlackBerry because there is obviously a fault

Posted via BBPP
    makahsan likes this.
    03-24-15 07:05 PM
    It hasn't overheated once since deleting the Kindle app. That appears to be the culprit.
    03-26-15 09:54 AM
51 123