Ok then I guess I'm a very rare smartphone user because I really REALLY rely on my device and do practically everything on it. As an example, in 5 hours today I spent 3 full hours of straight constant browsing (videos and other things online), CrackBerry messaging for this post obviously, some Facebook messaging, playing music, a handful of emails, sms and then a 30 minute phone call... and from 85% I'm down to 18% in those 5 hours of use with about 35% brightness. Check it out:
    Isn't it great that we can use Passport to do everything? Unfortunately IMHO, there is no phone can give you such a big battery. Maybe you should consider to carry a small power bank. I have one which can be held behind my Passport. I use Stilgut Book Type leather case.

Also, there is one thing I am not sure. But I doubt that first 20% of battery usage might be actually more than 20%? It always seems like when you have 20% battery left, the phone is dying really fast. Which is an indication that it has less than 20% juice. Someone needs to educate me whether or not I am correct on this one.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 04:21 PM
    I bought a Passport. Following an OS update the Hub got very slow but not as bad as the Q10 . . . . faster brain. The OS used up 8GB of storage although it has 32GB. It would take 20 to 30 second to recover after an email search. And the battery that would barely last 6 to 8 hours . . . .
    My System storage is 3 GB.
    Poor Battery Life-img_20151122_141709.png
    11-22-15 04:22 PM
    I had a Q10 which started out with a great 2 to 3 day battery life. Following OS updates the Hub got very, very, very slow. It would take 2 to 3 minutes to recover after an email search. And the battery that would barely last 6 to 8 hours.

I was reluctant to send to send the Q10 in for repair in case I did not see it again. I was told that the first thing that would be done would be to reload the Operating System. So I did this myself. The laggy hub was cured and the battery was back to 2 to 3 days.

Previously, when I checked the storage capacity, about 10GB was filled with the Operating System. That is a problem when you only have 16GB . . . . after the clean install it was down to 2.4GB. I sent the Q10 for a keyboard replacement. The shop fixed it . . . . and they lost it!

I bought a Passport. Following an OS update the Hub got very slow but not as bad as the Q10 . . . . faster brain. The OS used up 8GB of storage although it has 32GB. It would take 20 to 30 second to recover after an email search. And the battery that would barely last 6 to 8 hours . . . .
    Probably you can post some screen shots of your CPU usage, battery usage, etc, so someone can try to help you?

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 04:23 PM
    Isn't it great that we can use Passport to do everything? Unfortunately IMHO, there is no phone can give you such a big battery. Maybe you should consider to carry a small power bank. I have one which can be held behind my Passport. I use Stilgut Book Type leather case.

Also, there is one thing I am not sure. But I doubt that first 20% of battery usage might be actually more than 20%? It always seems like when you have 20% battery left, the phone is dying really fast. Which is an indication that it has less than 20% juice. Someone needs to educate me whether or not I am correct on this one.

Posted via CB10
    So based on the usage I just listed in 5 hours today, that battery drop is normal?
    11-22-15 04:25 PM
    My System storage is 3 GB.
    My system storage is 4G

Poor Battery Life-img_20151122_162523.png

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 04:26 PM
    So based on the usage I just listed in 5 hours today, that battery drop is normal?
    I tend to think so. Unless the browser you are using consume more battery than other browsers.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 04:32 PM
    I tend to think so. Unless the browser you are using consume more battery than other browsers.

Posted via CB10
    I see. Guess I'm one in a few million to use the device the way I do and consider it normal usage haha. Well weiberry, I want to thank you so much for your concern, feedback and help. I really appreciate it!

And thank you to everyone else that helped! You guys are all great I guess there's nothing wrong with my Passport. I'm the real issue lol
    11-22-15 04:40 PM
    I see. Guess I'm one in a few million to use the device the way I do and consider it normal usage haha. Well weiberry, I want to thank you so much for your concern, feedback and help. I really appreciate it!

And thank you to everyone else that helped! You guys are all great I guess there's nothing wrong with my Passport. I'm the real issue lol
    You are very welcome!

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 05:35 PM
    So based on my Browser usage your saying that my batter life is normal?

And I completely understand the way the Device Monitor works. You're right, it's a live estimate and so it constantly adjusts based off of your usage.
    Based purely on my own experience with Passport, based on the browser usage the battery consumption seems correct.
    On my passport, actively using browser is my number 1 battery killer. And it's pretty fast at that.
    11-22-15 07:11 PM
    Am I the only one that actually uses my device? As an example, of my 5 hours of usage today (from 9:00 to 14:00) I spent 3 full hours of straight constant browsing (videos and plenty other things online), CrackBerry messaging for this post obviously, some Facebook messaging, playing music, a handful of emails, some sms and then a 30 minute phone call... and from 85% I'm down to 18% in those 5 hours of use with about 35% brightness. Does that seem right? Check it out:

Attachment 381685
    That much browsing, and battery drain shown is normal. And is actually better than other phones out there. Only stock Android phone that I have had and came close to Passports battery life while browsing that much was the LG G Flex.
    11-22-15 07:17 PM
    Last 48 hr, I think am a pretty heavy user, but wonder without any android app why my system is so high, 2 Gmail, facebook, LinkedIn, brightness to 30% and no android app
    Poor Battery Life-img_20151123_191535.png

Posted via CB10
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    11-23-15 07:47 AM
    Based purely on my own experience with Passport, based on the browser usage the battery consumption seems correct.
    On my passport, actively using browser is my number 1 battery killer. And it's pretty fast at that.
    Yes browsing sucks the battery so much! And because I do so much of it I thought there was an issue.
    Last edited by thanasi; 11-24-15 at 02:56 PM.
    11-23-15 09:46 AM
    Last 48 hr, I think am a pretty heavy user, but wonder without any android app why my system is so high, 2 Gmail, facebook, LinkedIn, brightness to 30% and no android app
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151123_191535.png 
Views:	524 
Size:	83.6 KB 
ID:	381753

Posted via CB10
    Based off of your last peak, that battery life is representative of how I use my device as well! Good to see.
    11-23-15 09:48 AM
    Try simple restart. Have found it helping when few days I suffer same problem as yours

Posted via BlackBerry Passport SE
    11-23-15 09:10 PM
    Poor Battery Life-img_20151124_231434.png

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 11:45 AM
    Have you connected to BES? Or setup any accounts? BlackBerry takes a bit of time to provision the accounts and will spike your power usage in the mean time.

OR

You are using some apps that aren't nice to the battery I find Android apps are some of the worst culprits.
    11-24-15 04:40 PM
    Yes browsing sucks the battery so much! And because I do so much of it I thought there was an issue.
    For me, I found that it is not Browsing itself that consumes the battery. It is the use of data (LTE) that consumes the battery. If I am connected to my home or office WiFi, browsing doesn't drain as much. But when I am on the road and I am browsing then my battery drain is significant. I get 16 hours of battery on the average. It basically gets me through the day. I have Bluetooth, WiFi, Location Services and Blend always on. I know it's a bad habit to leave these always on and it is better to turn it off when not used but it just is more convenient to leave it always on. I have five email accounts, use Viber, Skype. Bluetooth is always paired to my watch. Blend is always conected to my notebook.

I consider the 16 hours to be good, because on the same usage using iPhone 5s/Samsung S5/Lumia 1020, I only get around 5-6 hours of battery life.
    11-24-15 04:57 PM
    For me, I found that it is not Browsing itself that consumes the battery. It is the use of data (LTE) that consumes the battery. If I am connected to my home or office WiFi, browsing doesn't drain as much. But when I am on the road and I am browsing then my battery drain is significant. I get 16 hours of battery on the average. It basically gets me through the day. I have Bluetooth, WiFi, Location Services and Blend always on. I know it's a bad habit to leave these always on and it is better to turn it off when not used but it just is more convenient to leave it always on. I have five email accounts, use Viber, Skype. Bluetooth is always paired to my watch. Blend is always conected to my notebook.

I consider the 16 hours to be good, because on the same usage using iPhone 5s/Samsung S5/Lumia 1020, I only get around 5-6 hours of battery life.
    I hear ya. What carrier are you with?
    11-24-15 05:57 PM
    Hi and welcome to Passport.

Reading your OP I'm thinking you have apps running in the background even when closed. Those are draining your battery even when you are not using your phone.

I have my screen at 100% bright. Two email accounts set to push, a couple of customization apps that run in the background and I use my phone a lot first three or four hours in the morning then again same amount of time end of the day. Plus play music when in my car. And I have lots of android apps (no games though)

I won't ever get 30 hrs, but certainly get at least 15 hrs before I plug in. And I usually do that at around 30%.

Open your app manager and look at permissions for every app. Any that have no need to run when minimized and or closed toggle off.

Open device manager and tap CPU and see what's running at that moment. Any not needed, close them. You can do the same thing by tapping on memory and see what's using that and close them.

I'd also suggest going on up to 10.3.2.2789.

Hope this helps.
    11-24-15 09:28 PM
    Hi and welcome to Passport.

Reading your OP I'm thinking you have apps running in the background even when closed. Those are draining your battery even when you are not using your phone.

I'd also suggest going on up to 10.3.2.2789.

Hope this helps.
    With everyone's help, I was able to rule out that nothing was in fact wrong with my new Passport. My usage was just very high and I had high expectations for the battery life during those performance intensive moments. Turns out everything is running fine.

Was OS 10.3.2.2789 officially released? Because the latest official offering OTA for me is 10.3.2.2639!
    moody likes this.
    11-24-15 11:31 PM
    With everyone's help, I was able to rule out that nothing was in fact wrong with my new Passport. My usage was just very high and I had high expectations for the battery life during those performance intensive moments. Turns out everything is running fine.

Was OS 10.3.2.2789 officially released? Because the latest official offering OTA for me is 10.3.2.2639!
    Good to hear everything is fine.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 11:39 PM
    I hear ya. What carrier are you with?
    Am with Globe Telecoms here in the Philippines. LTE coverage is dependent on location. In some areas, LTE is good and my battery will remain stable, in some areas LTE is there but is very slow, shifting to 3G (H+) will give me faster data speeds. This, I believe is what is draining the battery. It is constantly shifting from LTE to 3G and the device can't decide what to use.
    11-25-15 06:12 AM
    WiFi Always ON
    Facebook, Twitter Linked. All day notifications from these social networking sites.
    Installed some android apps. LINE keeps notifying about group messages :/ Using instagram as well.
    Installed Skype and battery was drained very fast!! Removed it and restarted my phone. Now, Battery life is again good. Lasting 2 Days at least.

Poor Battery Life-img_20151124_110649.png

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 06:19 AM
    Can you post your battery monitor, time since last charrge

Posted via CB10
    11-25-15 08:53 AM
    The last two weeks my battery has been so bad that now I keep it on Power Saving mode and it is still crap. I deleted pretty much all my apps. Standby looks to be the problem. I've restarted and hard restarted the phone multiple times. My next step is to try reloading the software but it pains me to do that.
    FYI, I've had this phone since new, for a year and the battery used to be amazing.
    Poor Battery Life-img_20151125_110058.png

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BBRYQ10; 11-25-15 at 10:23 AM.
    11-25-15 10:02 AM
83 1234