With Moderate use almost touched 36hr, :-)

Posted via CB10
    Good deal! Glad to meet another happy Passport user.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 06:38 AM
    My CPU usage for Instagram is at a good 1.3% and my Android Player is at 1.8%. My system CPU usage is at 51% though.
    Can you give me a screen shot of CPU usage in past 24 hours? You might want to check System CPU usage, PIM CPU usage, etc. For android app, their CPU reports on BB10 might not be accurate.

Also, what network do you use? Do you have good signals for LTE? Does the phone look for different networks automatically?

Then, my last questions would be how do you set up the email accounts? Do you sync those emails constantly? Are there thousands of emails and contacts need to sync again and again? Do you really need to sync the contacts every hour?

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 06:47 AM
    Ok, let's say I'm using my phone heavily. I'm barely reaching 10 hours though! It doesn't make sense to me.
    Completely normal, I can burn through my phone in 10 hours on a heavy use day as well.
    Stop worrying that there's something wrong with your device when there isn't -- just enjoy it.

If you really want to get maximum battery life -- don't use cell data (Wi-Fi only), lower screen brightness to 0%, turn off any location/blend/nfc, turn on battery saving mode (reducing CPU usage), delete any android apps, turn off "run in background/minimized" for all apps.
    11-22-15 07:34 AM
    Can you give me a screen shot of CPU usage in past 24 hours? You might want to check System CPU usage, PIM CPU usage, etc. For android app, their CPU reports on BB10 might not be accurate.

Also, what network do you use? Do you have good signals for LTE? Does the phone look for different networks automatically?

Then, my last questions would be how do you set up the email accounts? Do you sync those emails constantly? Are there thousands of emails and contacts need to sync again and again? Do you really need to sync the contacts every hour?

Posted via CB10
    I have 4 e-mail accounts set up on my device. Depending on the account, I have sync set to 15min or 30min.
    11-22-15 07:37 AM
    Completely normal, I can burn through my phone in 10 hours on a heavy use day as well.
    Stop worrying that there's something wrong with your device when there isn't -- just enjoy it.

If you really want to get maximum battery life -- don't use cell data (Wi-Fi only), lower screen brightness to 0%, turn off any location/blend/nfc, turn on battery saving mode (reducing CPU usage), delete any android apps, turn off "run in background/minimized" for all apps.
    Good suggestions. I agree. I did do most of those to my phone. I have 5 email accounts, plus Whatsapp, Android version of Wechat, and several android apps. My battery does not drain at all. Just certain android app might cause drainage. But definitely not all of them. That's case by case situation. It might be different for each person. I still use cell data only. And I don't use battery saving mode. I did turn off location, and turn off "run in background/minimzed".

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 07:45 AM
    I also pay a lot of attention to Memory usage. I don't want to get low memory. But I am not sure if it relevant. Also I tried Parent Control to get rid of Amazon App. The point is that I tried many things to get good battery life. Then I will add back one app/function at a time to see it makes difference

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 07:48 AM
    Normally, I charge the phone every two days
    Attached Thumbnails Poor Battery Life-img_20151122_181731.jpg   Poor Battery Life-img_20151122_181907.jpg   Poor Battery Life-img_20151122_181916.jpg  
    11-22-15 09:26 AM
    I received a new Passport (build date 080115) a few days ago. I updated right away to OS 10.3.2.2639 upon initial setup. I absolutely love everything about this phone but my battery performance has been very poor. It drains quickly for the stated "30 hours mixed use" and considering its has such a large capacity. I don't even get a full day out of it - barely getting 10 hours! I've attached a screenshot showing when I took off the charger at 9:00. I only have two e-mails synced, brightness at 50%, Crackberry, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram apk installed as well as Parental Controls on disabling the Amazon app store. What are your guys' suggestions. This battery life can't be right. Can it?

Attachment 381567
    Your browser is a little bit high when comparing it to the screen usage.
    That's your #1 battery killer right there. The browser.

And the battery estimate app is not an exact amount of run time.
    Prior to using your browser, you would have noticed the battery time remaining would have been high.

That battery app is only an estimate of live time usage. And in your case it gave you an estimate of battery life left after figuring in the browser usage. So I would have to guess the app is correct based on your previous usage.

Now if you set your phone down for an hour or 3 after that screen shot you took, you'd notice the estimated time will increase.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 10:14 AM
    With Moderate use almost touched 36hr, :-)
    Attachment 381606

Posted via CB10
    Great figures. But it looks like you didn't touch your phone between 01:00 and 13:00 on Thursday! Equating to about 12 hours of standby time.
    11-22-15 11:46 AM

My CPU usage in the past 24 hours:

Poor Battery Life-img_20151122_094952.png
    Poor Battery Life-img_20151122_095105.png
    Poor Battery Life-img_20151122_095118.png

I'm on T-Mobile and I'm almost always locked onto 4G LTE. Network Selection Mode is set to automatic.

My Outlook is on push and my sync timeframe is set to 30 days. I also have contacts, calendar (3 month sync timeframe) synced. My other email is synced to fetch every 30 minutes with nothing else attached.
    11-22-15 11:58 AM

Just so we're on the same page, what's heavy usage for you?
    11-22-15 12:00 PM
    Good suggestions. I agree. I did do most of those to my phone. I have 5 email accounts, plus Whatsapp, Android version of Wechat, and several android apps. My battery does not drain at all. Just certain android app might cause drainage. But definitely not all of them. That's case by case situation. It might be different for each person. I still use cell data only. And I don't use battery saving mode. I did turn off location, and turn off "run in background/minimzed".

Posted via CB10
    To clarify, my battery isn't draining while on standby. I feel like it's draining too quickly when I'm using it!
    11-22-15 12:02 PM
    Normally, I charge the phone every two days
    Those figures look great but it doesn't look like you're using your device too often. Am I right? It's seems like your device is on standby the majority of its life based on your graphs.
    11-22-15 12:04 PM
    Your browser is a little bit high when comparing it to the screen usage.
    That's your #1 battery killer right there. The browser.

And the battery estimate app is not an exact amount of run time.
    Prior to using your browser, you would have noticed the battery time remaining would have been high.

That battery app is only an estimate of live time usage. And in your case it gave you an estimate of battery life left after figuring in the browser usage. So I would have to guess the app is correct based on your previous usage.

Now if you set your phone down for an hour or 3 after that screen shot you took, you'd notice the estimated time will increase.
    So based on my Browser usage your saying that my batter life is normal?

And I completely understand the way the Device Monitor works. You're right, it's a live estimate and so it constantly adjusts based off of your usage.
    11-22-15 12:06 PM
    Those figures look great but it doesn't look like you're using your device too often. Am I right? It's seems like your device is on standby the majority of its life based on your graphs.
    This drain on the weekend! On weekdays charge lasts for 36-48 hours with moderate use. 30 hours under heavy use.
    11-22-15 12:38 PM
    I find having the screen brightness at around 30% saves a lot of power compared to having it 50%. Most of the battery usage is used up by the screen with me, I do use the fone a lot tho.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 01:07 PM
    I'll try deleting my only Android app for a few days and see if there's a difference. And blitzed?
    I updated the OS using the Blitz non destructive method yesterday. Maybe it has been 24 hours since the update, my battery life is looking better and from what I read it will be even better and that is a shock. I have been happy with the battery since day 1.
    11-22-15 01:26 PM
    This drain on the weekend! On weekdays charge lasts for 36-48 hours with moderate use. 30 hours under heavy use.
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but I don't think you're a "heavy user" haha. Please describe your usage. How many hours on the Browser during a charge? And I don't mean you just searched for one thing and minimized the browser app. When I mean browsing, I mean watching videos, constantly searching, actually utilizing the app.
    11-22-15 01:33 PM
    I find having the screen brightness at around 30% saves a lot of power compared to having it 50%. Most of the battery usage is used up by the screen with me, I do use the fone a lot tho.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I've been dropping it to about 35-45% and I do notice a difference. This screen is gorgeous and I'm on it all the time. Being that you use it plenty too, what's your battery life average?
    11-22-15 01:35 PM
    Just so we're on the same page, what's heavy usage for you?
    Heavy usage for me is when I am always connected to cell data because WiFi is not available. Locations is on, sending/receiving possibly at least 10 emails, using browser, an hour or two of music, perhaps taking 20 photos and a few short videos (10-20s), 30 minutes worth of phone calls, send/receive 20 texts and 20 BBM messages including some of photos/videos, accessing cloud storage for a few files, calendar, and accessing files 3-6 times.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 01:36 PM
    I updated the OS using the Blitz non destructive method yesterday. Maybe it has been 24 hours since the update, my battery life is looking better and from what I read it will be even better and that is a shock. I have been happy with the battery since day 1.
    Any difference with that vs an autoloader? I'll try finding more information on how to reload using Blitz to see if that's an option if my battery doesn't improve. Or it may really be that I'm just using the phone THAT much. I don't know at this point!
    11-22-15 01:37 PM
    Heavy usage for me is when I am always connected to cell data because WiFi is not available. Locations is on, sending/receiving possibly at least 10 emails, using browser, an hour or two of music, perhaps taking 20 photos and a few short videos (10-20s), 30 minutes worth of phone calls, send/receive 20 texts and 20 BBM messages including some of photos/videos, accessing cloud storage for a few files, calendar, and accessing files 3-6 times.

Posted via CB10
    And what battery life is that experience rated at in your case?
    11-22-15 01:39 PM
    My CPU usage in the past 24 hours:
    I don't think you have any battery drain. There was a period of time that I never put down my Passport. And yes, I would not get 30 hours plus battery life. And that's absolutely normal.My old ThinkPad laptop's battery would die in 3 hours. The new ThinkPad X1 lasts much longer. But look at the size of the battery and the size of battery of your phone. Back then, as such a heavy user, I just carried a battery bank. And after several months, my neck, my hands, and everything went wrong. I had to stop using Passport. I have two big computer monitors in the office, and two laptops at home to read and work, and a Kindle Fire. And a big TV. And oh yeah, IMAX for movies too.
    11-22-15 03:10 PM
    I don't think you have any battery drain. There was a period of time that I never put down my Passport. And yes, I would not get 30 hours plus battery life. And that's absolutely normal.My old ThinkPad laptop's battery would die in 3 hours. The new ThinkPad X1 lasts much longer. But look at the size of the battery and the size of battery of your phone. Back then, as such a heavy user, I just carried a battery bank. And after several months, my neck, my hands, and everything went wrong. I had to stop using Passport. I have two big computer monitors in the office, and two laptops at home to read and work, and a Kindle Fire. And a big TV. And oh yeah, IMAX for movies too.
    Am I the only one that actually uses my device? As an example, of my 5 hours of usage today (from 9:00 to 14:00) I spent 3 full hours of straight constant browsing (videos and plenty other things online), CrackBerry messaging for this post obviously, some Facebook messaging, playing music, a handful of emails, some sms and then a 30 minute phone call... and from 85% I'm down to 18% in those 5 hours of use with about 35% brightness. Does that seem right? Check it out:

Poor Battery Life-img_20151122_140013.png
    Last edited by thanasi; 11-22-15 at 04:15 PM.
    11-22-15 04:01 PM
    I had a Q10 which started out with a great 2 to 3 day battery life. Following OS updates the Hub got very, very, very slow. It would take 2 to 3 minutes to recover after an email search. And the battery that would barely last 6 to 8 hours.

I was reluctant to send to send the Q10 in for repair in case I did not see it again. I was told that the first thing that would be done would be to reload the Operating System. So I did this myself. The laggy hub was cured and the battery was back to 2 to 3 days.

Previously, when I checked the storage capacity, about 10GB was filled with the Operating System. That is a problem when you only have 16GB . . . . after the clean install it was down to 2.4GB. I sent the Q10 for a keyboard replacement. The shop fixed it . . . . and they lost it!

I bought a Passport. Following an OS update the Hub got very slow but not as bad as the Q10 . . . . faster brain. The OS used up 8GB of storage although it has 32GB. It would take 20 to 30 second to recover after an email search. And the battery that would barely last 6 to 8 hours . . . .
    11-22-15 04:05 PM
83 1234