I received a new Passport (build date 080115) a few days ago. I updated right away to OS 10.3.2.2639 upon initial setup. I absolutely love everything about this phone but my battery performance has been very poor. It drains quickly for the stated "30 hours mixed use" and considering its has such a large capacity. I don't even get a full day out of it - barely getting 10 hours! I've attached a screenshot showing when I took off the charger at 9:00. I only have two e-mails synced, brightness at 50%, Crackberry, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram apk installed as well as Parental Controls on disabling the Amazon app store. What are your guys' suggestions. This battery life can't be right. Can it?

Attachment 381567
    Attached Thumbnails Poor Battery Life-img_20151121_160654.png  
    Last edited by thanasi; 11-21-15 at 09:57 PM.
    11-21-15 06:11 PM
    Doesn't sound right, I have about the same plus did some solid emailing and surfing from the morning and I'm still at 75%.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    11-21-15 06:25 PM
    Op give it some time, couple days your battery should be better!
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    11-21-15 06:31 PM
    Doesn't sound right, I have about the same plus did some solid emailing and surfing from the morning and I'm still at 75%.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport.
    It's not right at all! And I don't know how to resolve the issue.
    11-21-15 06:50 PM
    Op give it some time, couple days your battery should be better!
    That can't be it because it has been 3 days and the performance has been the same.
    11-21-15 06:51 PM
    It's not right at all! And I don't know how to resolve the issue.
    Keep tiles closed on home screen.
    Go to auto brightness for screen.
    Check all refresh settings on your apps. If there set to 5 minutes, try setting some of them to an hour or longer.

And I get about 16 hours from my passport on normal day. And 24 to 48 on days i barely look at the screen.
    11-21-15 07:20 PM
    Observed from my SE, the active (i.e. reading surfing texting emailing etc) power consumption is 8 - 10 % per hour. So if you OP use your phone actively for about 5-6 hours during day then the remaining 38% is normal. I've encountered the same excperience for the whole first month since I spent a fair share of time playing with my new SE.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    11-21-15 07:34 PM
    Looks normal, seems like you've been using your phone pretty heavily since your display power usage is at 18%.
    11-21-15 08:44 PM
    Keep tiles closed on home screen.
    Go to auto brightness for screen.
    Check all refresh settings on your apps. If there set to 5 minutes, try setting some of them to an hour or longer.

And I get about 16 hours from my passport on normal day. And 24 to 48 on days i barely look at the screen.
    Well, auto brightness is always on for BlackBerry 10. Also my active frames are always closed.
    Last edited by thanasi; 11-21-15 at 09:58 PM.
    11-21-15 09:07 PM
    Observed from my SE, the active (i.e. reading surfing texting emailing etc) power consumption is 8 - 10 % per hour. So if you OP use your phone actively for about 5-6 hours during day then the remaining 38% is normal. I've encountered the same excperience for the whole first month since I spent a fair share of time playing with my new SE.

Posted via CB10/BB PP SE.
    So am I considered a hardcore user? I never thought so and certainly dodn't think so. This battery life just doesn't seem acceptable.
    Last edited by thanasi; 11-21-15 at 09:59 PM.
    11-21-15 09:08 PM
    Looks normal, seems like you've been using your phone pretty heavily since your display power usage is at 18%.
    This phone is barely lasting me 10 hours. This drain during usage doesn't seem right though. Mainly in browsing and my battery drops quickly. I keep hearing that people get over a day and up to two on this device. That's definitely nowhere near what I get. Are these people not using their device at all? I don't think so because all the review I see online say that they browsed for 5-6 hours and they had over 50% left. I keep hearing the raves about the battery life but I'm really not experiencing this.
    Last edited by thanasi; 11-21-15 at 09:59 PM.
    11-21-15 09:12 PM
    Search the forum for advices. There are many posts on this. My Passport drained really bad. Now I have the greatest battery in the world. There is no drainage at all.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 09:20 PM
    11-21-15 09:22 PM
    Search the forum for advices. There are many posts on this. My Passport drained really bad. Now I have the greatest battery in the world. There is no drainage at all.

Posted via CB10
    I've checked plenty of other posts and nothing seems to resolve my issue.
    Last edited by thanasi; 11-21-15 at 10:00 PM.
    This phone is barely lasting me 7 hours. This drain during usage doesn't seem right though. Mostly in browsing and my battery drops quickly. I keep hearing that people get over a day and up to two on this device. That's definitely nowhere near what I get. Are these people not using their device at all? I don't think so because all the review I see online say that they browsed for 5-6 hours and they had over 50% left. I keep hearing the raves about the battery life but I'm really not experiencing this.
    Not saying that I don't believe those people... but I don't think I've ever got over 5 hours of actual use.
    For the days that I have heavy use, I'm happy when the phone gets me through the day (12 hrs). During these 12 hours, I'd be surprised if I was actually using my device for half that time.

Edit: Playing music in airplane mode will allow me to get 5 hours of use or more.
    Not saying that I don't believe those people... but I don't think I've ever got over 5 hours of actual use.
    For the days that I have heavy use, I'm happy when the phone gets me through the day (12 hrs). During these 12 hours, I'd be surprised if I was actually using my device for half that time.

Edit: Playing music in airplane mode will allow me to get 5 hours of use or more.
    Ok, let's say I'm using my phone heavily. I'm barely reaching 10 hours though! It doesn't make sense to me.
    11-21-15 10:02 PM
    The only time I have ever got 6 hours or less was playing bards tale non stop (for 6 hours). This flattened my battery. To be able to do it in normal operation seems difficult. My normal day (phone calls/emails/texts/games/web) easily gets 24 hours. I don�t run any android apps in the background (face thingy or twitter etc), so maybe that is the difference. You can set apps so that they don't chomp away in the background via the security settings (app permissions).

Looking at your figures, your system percent is similar to your display. Mine is normally half (ie display uses the most power). I think you have stuff going on in the background. Android apps tend to be clumped in system, so maybe download ghost commander and see what is running.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 10:07 PM
    Looking at your figures, your system percent is similar to your display. Mine is normally half (ie display uses the most power). I think you have stuff going on in the background. Android apps tend to be clumped in system, so maybe download ghost commander and see what is running.

Posted via CB10
    Isn't the system percent not app related? Wouldn't Instagram (my only Android app) show itself individually with a high percentage if things were going on in the background because of it?
    11-21-15 10:11 PM
    I got rid of one app game that was using 3.3 percent same as android runtime. Deleted it. Att version nose dived battery twice in six months.
    Blitzed today for latest. Nice improvement.

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    11-21-15 10:36 PM
    Isn't the system percent not app related? Wouldn't Instagram (my only Android app) show itself individually with a high percentage if things were going on in the background because of it?
    The system percentage is Android app related. For some reason, high CPU usage related to Instagram might be shown as the System CPU usage. You should delete Instagram for couple days, and check if system CPU usage goes down accordingly.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 10:53 PM
    Poor Battery Life-img_20151121_225442.png

Check my battery. Almost 8 hours during the day, and the battery life is still 84%.

Posted via CB10
    11-21-15 10:57 PM
    I got rid of one app game that was using 3.3 percent same as android runtime. Deleted it. Att version nose dived battery twice in six months.
    Blitzed today for latest. Nice improvement.

Posted from a Passport or Z30. Get one!
    I'll try deleting my only Android app for a few days and see if there's a difference. And blitzed?
    11-21-15 11:09 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151121_225442.png 
Views:	584 
Size:	822.3 KB 
ID:	381597

Check my battery. Almost 8 hours during the day, and the battery life is still 84%.

Posted via CB10
    Lol are you even using your phone? What's your display percent on for battery usage?
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    11-21-15 11:09 PM
    The system percentage is Android app related. For some reason, high CPU usage related to Instagram might be shown as the System CPU usage. You should delete Instagram for couple days, and check if system CPU usage goes down accordingly.

Posted via CB10
    My CPU usage for Instagram is at a good 1.3% and my Android Player is at 1.8%. My system CPU usage is at 51% though.

Poor Battery Life-img_20151121_210756.png
    11-21-15 11:12 PM
    With Moderate use almost touched 36hr, :-)
    Poor Battery Life-img_20151119_211655.png

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 01:28 AM
83 123 ...