View Poll Results: Round Corner Passport or Tradional Style Passport

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • Round Cornered Passport

83 52.53%
  • Straight Edged Passport

75 47.47%
    having 2 versions of the Passport allows more options for everyone. I bought the original and feel happy about my purchase. For everywhere in the world except AT&T I will have the BlackBerry Passport. So let those who want round corners enjoy the AT&T version. Great for BlackBerry to have another phone available to customers. I think for those who don't like this then sell your Passport and buy the AT&T one.
    01-10-15 10:27 PM
    The rounded corners look good. It has nothing to do with keyboard or screen size so.....as faras aesthetics, rounded cornered are attractive!

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 10:49 PM
    The rounded design is soo much better.. imagine a passport with a toolbelt and rounded off edges...

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 11:21 PM
    From the photos the att passport looks like many phones while the original passport I have here looks unique... the original passport is not weighted down with the burden of att bloat much of which is quite difficult to scrub completely... & there's the issue of carrier lock & having the run-around to get an unlock out of att or to pay a second party to do it... no thanks...I like what I have just fine... I miss the qi charge from my HP Pre 3 & sometimes miss the pocket friendliness that until I try to read a webpage or pdf... the screen rendering, the easy keyboard, the capacitive overlay, the amazing auto correct even in another language which is recognized on the fly, & two operating systems booted simultaneously... you will have to beat me down to get me to give this up... I have big pockets...
    raqball likes this.
    01-11-15 12:12 AM
    Defineatly the rounded one to use!
    Hopefully more bend-resistant, too!

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 05:43 AM
    Hahahaha! I can't believe some of you are actually fighting over whether or not it looks like a real Passport.
    RoseBud68 and jmr1015 like this.
    01-11-15 07:01 AM
    they were more of a status symbol before the iphone came out than the iphone is now IMO. BB used to be a huge symbol, you were special if you had one.
    I remember those days. When people prioritized connectivity and productivity over games and entertainment when buying a device.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 07:13 AM
    Remember the 8700? It had different models, like the 8700g, 8700c and 8700r. T-Mobile got the g, while Cingular/at&t got the c. They had the same keyboard, buttons, and screen, but had slightly different designs and *gasp* corners!

Posted via CB10
    And how many years ago was that? And while you are correct about different versions of the 8700, I remember them only coming in different colors, not having a design change.

Meanwhile its 2015, how many flagships do you see get a redesign on different carriers now. I only see one version of the G3, Note 4, etc.
    01-11-15 02:16 PM
    Showed the new design to my wife (she uses the original Passport as well). She called the new design BlackBerry Poptart.

Posted via CB10
    Lol, this made me laugh, but just for clarity:

[Poll] AT&T exclusive rounded Passport vs original Passport?-pop-tart.png

The Original is much more Pop-Tart-esque. As a matter of fact, the Blackberry Poptart is my new name for it.

The new design seems like what the Passport should have been designed. I imagine that extra space below the keyboard does make a difference in the ergonomics of the phone.
    thedose and chflower like this.
    01-11-15 02:21 PM
    I remember those days. When people prioritized connectivity and productivity over games and entertainment when buying a device.

Posted via CB10
    I think people prioritized connectivity and productivity over games and entertainment because phones were terrible at games and entertainment prior to the iPhone and Android really taking off.

Before the iPhone and Android, I remember people caring a lot about form factor, battery life, and personalization. Custom phone faces, and buttons, and see through battery doors, with battery's with blinking LEDs. "Gaming and entertainment" consisted of snake or brick breaker. When mobile messaging hit the mainstream consumer hard, it was with the T-Mobile Sidekick way before BlackBerry. Nokias sold like crazy because the battery lasted forever, and the face plate was interchangeable, and all your friends had one, so no matter where you were, when the battery was finally getting low after like a week, someone had a charger you could use.
    donnation likes this.
    01-11-15 02:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    How do you prioritize connectivity? Is a blackberry somehow magically connected in a way that another phone isn't or can't be?
    01-11-15 02:29 PM
    Bending over is right, not sure about the backwards part yet. I'll wait to see how many units they promise to buy.

Posted via my sexy white  Z30 rocking 10.3.0.1052
    01-11-15 02:35 PM
    How do you prioritize connectivity? Is a blackberry somehow magically connected in a way that another phone isn't or can't be?
    Old-fashioned BES would like to have a word. In countries with less mobile data bandwidth, compressed data via BlackBerry's servers was and has been a godsend. So yes, connectivity.

As for new BlackBerry...Paratek antenna would like to have a word. As would Blend.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-15 02:39 PM
    Old-fashioned BES would like to have a word. In countries with less mobile data bandwidth, compressed data via BlackBerry's servers was and has been a godsend. So yes, connectivity.

As for new BlackBerry...Paratek antenna would like to have a word. As would Blend.

Posted via CB10
    Ah yes, but I think you mean old fashioned BIS not BES. How is that being connected today since BB10 phones can't use it?

Paratek Antenna - I've never seen any documentation that the Passport or Classic have a Paratek antenna. And if they do, what documentation is to show that they are better than any other antenna?

Blend - Yeah blend is fine but it only means you are more connected if you use it on another device. An iPhone and iPad/Mac user could make the same claim as they are connected together, and almost connected better as you can make or accept a phone call on an iPad or Mac without picking up your phone.

I'm not saying you are wrong with anything above, but saying you use a Blackberry because you prioritize connectivity doesn't really make sense to me.
    01-11-15 02:53 PM
    To me, "prioritizing connectivity" would be more about choosing the right carrier, than the right phone... Because all those fancy features mean little if you don't have signal.

Then, as far as choosing a device, I would choose the device that supports the most diverse bands and could hypothetically work with many different carriers when traveling.

So, those two things being ideal, then I'd worry about features.
    01-11-15 03:02 PM
    01-11-15 03:03 PM
    The next frontier is portable power...tesla I in front...
    01-11-15 05:17 PM
    i liked the curved edges for a couple of days. but now im sure i prefer the straight edges
    01-13-15 09:44 AM
    The real question: does the ATT version have all the bands that the unlocked version has. Maybe it's limited, and won't travel abroad very nicely (one of the main reasons for the Passport moniker, imo).

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 03:46 PM
    I prefer this one myself

[Poll] AT&T exclusive rounded Passport vs original Passport?-red-pp.jpg

Sent from my awesome red Passport on T Mobile USA
    Ralph V likes this.
    01-13-15 04:24 PM
    Using my last two direct ordered Blackberrys (Q10 and Passport) has me thinking.

If anyone relies on the "Hotspot" feature of the factory unlocked versions, I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that the AT&T ROM version will have Hotspot locked down to having to pay them monthly for the feature. No thanks, as I am one that relies on Hotspot on a weekly basis. I'll take the original Passport over AT&T's gimped knockoff.
    Last edited by mister2d; 01-13-15 at 05:55 PM. Reason: run on sentence
    01-13-15 04:44 PM
    Using my last two direct ordered Blackberrys (Q10 and Passport) has me thinking.

If anyone relies on the "Hotspot" feature of the factory unlocked versions, I'm willing to bet dollars to donuts that the AT&T ROM version will have Hotspot locked down to having to pay them monthly for the feature. No thanks! As I am one that relies on Hotspot on a weekly basis that's provided as an included feature of my phone and not some gimped knockoff from a carrier.
    Ooh good call. But I'd bet ATT can grab some kind of computer ID if you use it too often. I use it sparingly, but the hot spot function on my Passport has been a lifesave.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 05:25 PM
    I bought my Z10 unlocked from shop blackberry one year ago, put my AT&T sim card in, and the hotspot has worked great. But I'm on a family share plan, which includes the hotspot, so I guess I'm paying for it in a round about way.
    01-13-15 05:53 PM
    Ooh good call. But I'd bet ATT can grab some kind of computer ID if you use it too often. I use it sparingly, but the hot spot function on my Passport has been a lifesave.

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps AT&T does. I haven't tested it enough to try. But there is one indication that it doesn't. When I connect my Surface Pro to my (Q10 or Passport) hotspot, it no longer thinks it's connected to a "metered" connection. In all my previous carrier phones, it was detected to be a metered connection.
    01-13-15 05:59 PM
    If you are having trouble comprehending the intention of my post, start by looking up the words used. Then consider the context in which I am using them. "Magically" the post may become more clear to you. Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    01-13-15 08:11 PM
283 ... 9101112