View Poll Results: Round Corner Passport or Tradional Style Passport

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • Round Cornered Passport

83 52.53%
  • Straight Edged Passport

75 47.47%
    The Passport looses the Passport feeling with rounded edges!

My passport don't have round edges, lol.

Call it the Plasstic

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 01:07 AM
    No wireless charging in att hype... for that I might have change in mind...

Uhmmm... wireless charging, right?

Pretty big new feature if accurate!

Get it now?

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 01:18 AM
    It just look bu++ugly. I was stunned by that ugly thang. Thought it was a prototype from 2012.
    Totally agreeing. Rounded one no, reminds me of Samsung Galaxy Note 2. That design looks dated.
    Adding an additional 4th row defeats the whole concept. Much prefer touchpad numbering/symbols.
    01-09-15 01:26 AM
    Dated or iconic?
    01-09-15 01:33 AM
    Uhmmm... wireless charging, right?

Pretty big new feature if accurate!

Get it now?

Posted via CB10
    Uhmmm that's a rumor for now, but the Z30 on Verizon has wireless charging, while the GSM version sold on Shop BlackBerry does not. Did you complain about that too?

All you've done is act like BlackBerry personally screwed you over, took your money and shredded it, with this rounded version. Sell your current one and buy the at&t one off contract. Problem solved.

Have you ever heard the expression "life's not fair"? Get familiar with it. No one made you buy the original Passport, and no one is stopping you from buying the rounded one.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt and jupiter8 like this.
    01-09-15 02:47 AM
    LMAO at Sean. Well put...
    01-09-15 06:37 AM
    Rounded corners for me. But, whatever....as long as it sells.
    01-09-15 09:30 AM
    Rounded corners for me. But, whatever....as long as it sells.
    Hopefully AT&T will train their employees on the device, have them show it to customers and put it on display in a prominent area of the store..

I think that will decide if it's a hit or a miss. I've seen AT&T reps push the iPhone down people throats when they come in looking to upgrade or start new service.

I do think it will sell well if AT&T puts a little effort into it..
    01-09-15 09:36 AM
    If I am in charge of the AT&T store, I will educate my employees to show people what each device can and cannot do. Let them decided for themselves instead of pushing one device. I understand why AT&T store employees pushing iPhone more than any other devices because they are under pressure from Apple. AT&T bend for Apple because that is where the money coming from for now. If AT&T put Passport next to iPhone/Samsung on the display, I bet customers will test drive the Passport first since it looks different than the rests.
    01-09-15 10:35 AM
    Hopefully AT&T will train their employees on the device, have them show it to customers and put it on display in a prominent area of the store..

I think that will decide if it's a hit or a miss. I've seen AT&T reps push the iPhone down people throats when they come in looking to upgrade or start new service.

I do think it will sell well if AT&T puts a little effort into it..
    It's an enterprise device... no reason for AT&T to wast time trying to sell in to consumers. I'm sure John Chen has reiterated that to AT&T executives.

Of course a lot depends on what kinda deal was made between BlackBerry and AT&T on this newly minted Passport. How many devices did AT&T have to commit too for BlackBerry to retool? Can they return stock to BlackBerry if it doesn't sell well? AT&T may have a little incentive to push the the Passport.... Then again if all the US Carrier passed on the Passport, BlackBerry might have had to jump through hoops to get one of them (AT&T) to say they would add it to the line up.

Wonder..... Is the AT&T Passport built by also BlackBerry or might Foxconn have taken this on?
    01-09-15 10:38 AM
    Upset because a new design of an existing product was announced? When you buy a device from a company, the only thing they owe you is that it functions. You do not buy any right to determine what they do in the future.

If you bought the device based on your own speculation of what the future would be like, you may feel disappointed, but that's the result of your own assumptions.

Buy the devise you want. If it works, and your check clears with the supplier, the contract has been fulfilled on both sides, and you may move on with your life.

Being upset because the company continues to design and release phones different from the one you bought isn't rational

Posted via CB10
    01-09-15 11:37 AM
    Wow. All these pages...

If both models had been available at launch, I would have bought the rounded corner version. Since they weren't, I got the square. I don't plan on buying another, just to have the rounded look.

I don't think it's a big deal. It's a risk for any US carrier to sell any BlackBerry product these days. I imagine AT&T ran its own focus groups and got a consistent "It's too square" reaction. They were in a position to push BlackBerry on this, so they did it. BlackBerry wants to regain some sort of presence in the US consumer market, no matter what they say about their target market, so they weren't in a position to say no.

I hope the AT&T release of the Passport is successful, I really do. I think the Passport is a great phone, square or rounded. I already know that it's a head-turner, and there are plenty of people out there who like that.
    01-09-15 12:32 PM
    It seems the people who like the redesign are practical users who spend many hours on their phones. Those that dislike it seem to be more interested in a status symbol over a phone. Just an observation.
    How did you observe all those people? Sounds more like a WAG than an observation.
    dmateo and BBRYQ10 like this.
    01-09-15 12:47 PM
    Very interesting. I will have to see it in the flesh one day. I hope they let Canadian carriers sell the new Passport. This design is what I thought they should have done in the first place. I was mainly concerned with the lack of the extra area below the keyboard. I also like the full steel surround. I like a BlackBerry to look like a Blackberry for the Keyboard models. I am not a fan of the square Android look but if BlackBerry was going to deviate they should just do that on the all touch. The latest Nokia 830 looks like how the square look should be done.

I like the Porsche design with real metal at the top and bottom for the all touch. High quality materials would enhance their all touch. The Nokia and Apple are a good role model here.
    01-09-15 01:18 PM
    How did you observe all those people? Sounds more like a WAG than an observation.
    Because the people that like the redesign make comments about comfort and possible increase in durability. People that dislike it comment on how it is ugly, will get less attention from people in public, makes them look cheap; nothing about its function. And I observed from reading the comments in this thread. I thought that was obvious lol.
    thedose likes this.
    01-09-15 05:07 PM
    I want to see one with square corners on the left side and rounded (or clipped, if you prefer) on the right. That way it would be like a real passport and truly unique. Plus everyone would get what they want.
    chflower, BBRYQ10 and raqball like this.
    01-09-15 05:45 PM
    Because the people that like the redesign make comments about comfort and possible increase in durability. People that dislike it comment on how it is ugly, will get less attention from people in public, makes them look cheap; nothing about its function. And I observed from reading the comments in this thread. I thought that was obvious lol.
    Well I didn't think it was obvious in painting that broad of a stroke from reading comments in a thread. If you actually witnessed this firsthand, then ok.

I suppose I never thought of having a BlackBerry as a status symbol. It was always the functional ugly duckling in my field of work.
    chflower likes this.
    01-09-15 05:52 PM
    I prefer the square design. Also, it is great that BlackBerry got this deal with AT&T so that they can sell a lot of their devices. I just hope that the deal works out in the end.

Last but not least, I feel no regrets buying the square one and see this rounded corner to be exclusive for AT&T.

Posted via CB10 with BlackBerry PP
    rcab likes this.
    01-09-15 07:52 PM
    Very interesting. I will have to see it in the flesh one day. I hope they let Canadian carriers sell the new Passport. This design is what I thought they should have done in the first place. I was mainly concerned with the lack of the extra area below the keyboard. I also like the full steel surround. I like a BlackBerry to look like a Blackberry for the Keyboard models. I am not a fan of the square Android look but if BlackBerry was going to deviate they should just do that on the all touch. The latest Nokia 830 looks like how the square look should be done.

I like the Porsche design with real metal at the top and bottom for the all touch. High quality materials would enhance their all touch. The Nokia and Apple are a good role model here.
    The standard! Passport has steel surrounding the device, just that it's not as thick on the top and bottom, and let's put to rest this notion of continuous frame. The frame on the AT&T Passport is not continuous. There is a division in it on both sides to facilitate the RF antenna. The standard Passport handled this division but putting the USB port in the division.

As for the strength of the device, let's be real......you can destroy any device if you really wanted to, so it comes down to what is likely to happen under normal circumstances. The conditions necessary to twist a Passport are hardly everyday conditions so let's not paint a picture the standard Passport is poorly designed. It happens to be stronger than most of the competing devices.

Lastly, this notion that a BlackBerry should look like a BlackBerry. The Passport brings over enough "Bold DNA" to be distinctively recognised as a BlackBerry. The difference is that it also brings enough of it's own unique DNA to attract immediate attention. All iconic brands have had to evolve to stay relevant. Redefining themselves while still embodying the core DNA of their heritage. You can spot a Porsche, BMW, Audi or Mercedes Benz from a far off but compare them to their predecessors and you'll see evolution. They don't look the same way but they've retained enough of the DNA to be recognizable while bringing enough new age styling to be distinctive in this time. Compare the Colonel Sanders logo for KFC to the ones they used in the past. He looks significantly younger and hipper now but you can still recognize him immediately as the Colonel. The company that stagnates dies. Hasn't the BB7 era taught us that!

Passported to you with a touch enabled keyboard!
    SK122387, j21jam6, BBRYQ10 and 1 others like this.
    01-09-15 11:07 PM
    Well I didn't think it was obvious in painting that broad of a stroke from reading comments in a thread. If you actually witnessed this firsthand, then ok.

I suppose I never thought of having a BlackBerry as a status symbol. It was always the functional ugly duckling in my field of work.
    they were more of a status symbol before the iphone came out than the iphone is now IMO. BB used to be a huge symbol, you were special if you had one.
    01-09-15 11:18 PM
    Basic one!

Even AT&T version is also cool but I like totally squared more.

Posted via my huge all in one phone, of course, Passport!
    01-09-15 11:33 PM
    I like the original device more. Holy cow! It is more like batman's device dude!

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 01:11 AM
    Idk, I'm just satisfied with what I already have.

If round is better next gen or 2 it will be round only.

Just glad bb is around, and so is crackberry.

--
    I can see how round maybe better in hand, etc. does look more like a workhorse but that really depends on the weight.

If weight is around same I prefer straight edge if it 20g or more lighter prefer round.
    01-10-15 01:14 AM
    Wow. 13 pages. What an impact OP Anthony Robbins made.

Some love it square, some round.

Does anyone remember the glam rock band with the title "round and round"?

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 07:23 AM
    they were more of a status symbol before the iphone came out than the iphone is now IMO. BB used to be a huge symbol, you were special if you had one.
    What about these days then? Still a status symbol? That's what the guy said.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-15 08:49 PM
283 ... 89101112