View Poll Results: Round Corner Passport or Tradional Style Passport

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • Round Cornered Passport

83 52.53%
  • Straight Edged Passport

75 47.47%
    I get that you are trying, and rather desperately I must say, to convince yourself that the AT&T Passport resembles a real Passport more than the unlocked version does...

I don't get it, but rock on man..

My older US passport in not even close to being considered rounded.
    Nothing desperate. Couldn't care less about the AT&T passport (I'm a VZ customer), I just worry about you driving when you have such eye trouble.

2011 USA passport on top, 2012 in the middle, 2014 on the bottom.

[Poll] AT&T exclusive rounded Passport vs original Passport?-img_20150108_170707_edit.jpg

Done now though. Once someone starts arguing that earth isn't a sphere, it's time to bow out.

Posted via CB10
    thedose, chflower and jmr1015 like this.
    01-08-15 06:11 PM
    Nothing desperate. Couldn't care less about the AT&T passport (I'm a VZ customer), I just worry about you driving when you have such eye trouble.

2011 USA passport on top, 2012 in the middle, 2014 on the bottom.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150108_170707_edit.jpg 
Views:	548 
Size:	33.4 KB 
ID:	326157

Done now though. Once someone starts arguing that earth isn't a sphere, it's time to bow out.

Posted via CB10
    Okay you win the internet for today.. I usually don't respond to obtuse people so I'll make sure to avoid any further posts from you like they have the plague..

Have a nice and stress free rest of the day
    01-08-15 06:16 PM
    Honestly I get asked about my Passport all the time and whenever anyone asks to play around with it they inevitably say something about the corners being so sharp. I agree that it looks cool and bold but I think for a lot of potential buyers the square form factor is hard enough to get used to let alone the sharpness of the corners...it's like BlackBerry didn't feel like holding back on any bit of the design and just laid it all out there which I think is awesome but I see why AT&T would worry about the current shape's broader marketability.

Posted via CB10
    lang007 likes this.
    01-08-15 06:20 PM
    I get that you are trying, and rather desperately I must say, to convince yourself that the AT&T Passport resembles a real Passport more than the unlocked version does...

I don't get it, but rock on man..

My older US passport in not even close to being considered rounded.
    Sorry but you have done you share of pointing out all the bad points (in your opinion) with the new AT&T Passport more then any other here on this thread.
    Maybe deep down you really like the new design and just trying to justify your out of pocket purchase. In any event there is only just a slight change and if AT&T sale more Passport in the process then that's just a plus for Blackberry. In the end it is all about sales. Will they (AT&T) sale more or less..only time will tell.
    thedose and chflower like this.
    01-08-15 06:21 PM
    Maybe deep down you really like the new design and just trying to justify your out of pocket purchase.
    Nice smear tactic but since I just got the PP I could return it today for a full refund if I wanted the AT&T version.. = FAIL
    01-08-15 06:23 PM
    Nice smear tactic but since I just got the PP I could return it today for a full refund if I wanted the AT&T version.. = FAIL
    Still on the defense i see.
    thedose and chflower like this.
    01-08-15 06:24 PM
    Still on the defense is see.
    I'm not the one who tried to smear / discredit someone and failed...

And now back to the regularly scheduled programming.. LOL
    01-08-15 06:26 PM
    I'm not the one who tried to smear / discredit someone and failed...

And now back to the regularly scheduled programming.. LOL
    Wow...really...Now that there is funny...Thanks for the laugh.
    01-08-15 06:34 PM
    I'm kind of surprised to see so many mad about this. Surely by now folks should know not to be an early adopter of BlackBerry devices.

Yep, BlackBerry crapped all over the people who bought first, but they do that pretty frequently. At this point, if you're still willing to be a early adopter for BlackBerry, you have no one to blame but yourself.
    jmr1015 and sentimentGX4 like this.
    01-08-15 06:50 PM
    Raqball I am just hilarious

Omnia>i3G>9630>9650>Droid Pro>9650>9930>i4S>i5>i5S>Passport
    chflower likes this.
    01-08-15 06:50 PM
    Let look it this way, now for us at AT&T we will have a choice of 2 variants. The square (original) and the rounded. I have the original and works and the rounded will definitely work, so is a win win situation.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418 on AT&T
    raqball likes this.
    01-08-15 06:57 PM
    Raqball I am at your ignorance
    Now you've reverted to childish name calling?

Anyway, this thread is a train wreck loaded with the walking dead so I'm outta here.. Once the childish schoolyard name calling begins, it's time to move along..

Have a nice day and try to relax..
    01-08-15 07:06 PM
    Now you've reverted to childish name calling?

Anyway, this thread is a train wreck loaded with the walking dead so I'm outta here.. Once the childish schoolyard name calling begins, it's time to move along..

Have a nice day and try to relax..
    The guy shows you pictures of rounded corners and you refuse to admit it... what else is that called if not ignorance?

I was simply pointing out some truth.
    chflower and sentimentGX4 like this.
    01-08-15 07:28 PM
    This is really unbelievable!

So when JC stood in front of the world on 24 Sep 2014, almost 4 months ago, and spouted the Passport he held in his hands would be available in US by end of year... was he intentionally lying?

Can't believe he gets away with this stuff!

Posted via CB10
    Perhaps you need instruction on reading the calendar. Amazon? Shop BlackBerry? A couple other small players?

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 07:33 PM
    hip to be SQAURE
    01-08-15 07:35 PM
    Is the back different on the AT&T rounded Passport?

According to this article at PhoneScoop it seems that way:
    AT&T Reveals BlackBerry Classic and Passport Pricing (Phone Scoop)

Maybe Blackberry make the change of back material because of reports of staining on the back of the original blackberry black passport. I might have to trade in my Z30 for the AT&T passport. Once Verizon release the classic, then I will have my dream physical keyboard combo: blackberry classic and blackberry passport
    01-08-15 08:02 PM
    I'm kind of surprised to see so many mad about this. Surely by now folks should know not to be an early adopter of BlackBerry devices.

Yep, BlackBerry crapped all over the people who bought first, but they do that pretty frequently. At this point, if you're still willing to be a early adopter for BlackBerry, you have no one to blame but yourself.
    I don't think Blackberry crapped on anyone. Both variants look great. Owners of the original get the more unique-looking phone and a bigger choice in cases. Those that get the redesign will get very limited choices in cases, if any, and an arguably more comfortable phone. It's silly to see current Passport owners bashing the redesign. It makes them look bitter when there is no reason to.
    thedose and jmr1015 like this.
    01-08-15 08:35 PM
    Yes the back is different as it is rumor to have Wireless charging.
    01-08-15 08:37 PM
    Yes the back is different as it is rumor to have Wireless charging.
    Pretty sure it's not a rumor anymore since it's been fully certified for it:

http://www.powermatters.org/certific...339-blackberry

Gah, I can't wait to have mine!!!

Omnia>i3G>9630>9650>Droid Pro>9650>9930>i4S>i5>i5S>Passport
    RoseBud68 likes this.
    01-08-15 08:40 PM
    Was not sure and was not going to make a statement.
    01-08-15 08:44 PM

Such is true... and I am guilty...

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 08:48 PM
    I'm not a "purchase justifier" but I still kind of like my square edges, I think it makes a statement and breaks from the norm... I mean if we wanted to be like everyone else we would all purchase an iPhone right? I also like that in a pinch I can utilize it as a weapon with a swift temple shot....
    raqball, SK122387 and jupiter8 like this.
    01-08-15 09:44 PM

How did BlackBerry crap on anyone? I can go into an AT&T store and buy one off contract the day it's released if I feel like it. Or start a new contract with them and get it for $199.99

My black and red Passports did not get less useful or less awesome looking. just today yet another Starbucks barista asked about it, and a few hours later a clerk at a store did too. The redesign is a bigger, more-of-the-same look (though I'm a longtime BlackBerry user, so more of the same is fine).

It's not like the new one has a better processor or camera or screen or more features, then I would see how they "crapped" on those of us who bought it first. I was probably one of the first people in the United States to have one, as mine arrived at like 10:15am on Septemeber 25, so I'm like one of the earliest adopters and perhaps best positioned to be angry. But I'm not.

The AT&T version is not as eye catching, it is a conservative and safe design that probably won't get as many "What kind of phone is that?!" remarks. I just hope that the trade off is more sales.
    raqball and jupiter8 like this.
    01-08-15 10:06 PM
    I like the original squared edges more than rounded, but I do like the extended chin on the AT&T version.
    01-08-15 10:06 PM
    How did BlackBerry crap on anyone? I can go into an AT&T store and buy one off contract the day it's released if I feel like it. Or start a new contract with them and get it for $199.99

My black and red Passports did not get less useful or less awesome looking. just today yet another Starbucks barista asked about it, and a few hours later a clerk at a store did too. The redesign is a bigger, more-of-the-same look (though I'm a longtime BlackBerry user, so more of the same is fine).

It's not like the new one has a better processor or camera or screen or more features, then I would see how they "crapped" on those of us who bought it first.
    Uhmmm... wireless charging, right?

Pretty big new feature if accurate!

Get it now?

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 10:19 PM
283 ... 7891011 ...