View Poll Results: Round Corner Passport or Tradional Style Passport

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • Round Cornered Passport

83 52.53%
  • Straight Edged Passport

75 47.47%
    Sorry, but weak and pathetic move on BBs part. Stick to your guns. You�re gonna bend over backwards to redesign your devices based on the whims of each carrier? Very, very weak.

Sadly, Apple is the only company that has taken ANY control away from carriers, and then stuck to their guns. 8 years after the iPhone, instead of following that trend, everyone else is still happy to give even more control, including pre-installed garbage and even redesigned versions of their devices.
    Let's be real. Apple has more leveraging powers than BlackBerry would ever have, so Apple can call the shots or dictate what the carriers do; BlackBerry can't. BlackBerry is doing the right thing by compromising on the aesthetics of the phone. It's more than likely that the structural integrity or the functionality of the device was not modified in any way at all.
    It's what is called "eating the humble pie when one is down in order to get back up". Furthermore, the "rounded corner" twist may increase the probability of enticing some customers who may have been sitting on the fence. One thing we can assume for sure is that John Chen would have had some trade off from AT&T to do this deal.
    01-08-15 09:36 AM
    With the round corner it looks like a joke. Don't expect great reactions from that. They will laugh about it.
    01-08-15 09:42 AM
    [QUOTE=vinay123012;11239761]With the round corner it looks like a joke. Don't expect great reactions from that. They will laugh about it.[/QUOTE]

People laughed and still laugh about the square Passport too. Maybe that's something that you're forgetting. All of that is things people have said about the Passport
    01-08-15 10:09 AM
    I've never seen a passport with rounded corners.... As a matter of fact I just pulled mine out of the desk and nope, it's not rounded..
    I have a Canadian passport issued in 2010, and it definitely has rounded corners. I imagine ones issued in 2011+ follow the same general design. You must be looking at an older passport or one issued outside of Canada.
    01-08-15 10:25 AM
    I seriously don't care. I hope this brings more blackberry customers. I personally like others prefer the original passport it just is so unique and the newer one seems kind of less unique and more for the masses which I get it. My only hope is this device sell fairly well for AT&T and blackberry. Seriously guys it is not as big of a deal as some is making it. This could be as a good thing depending on how you look at it. The passport is a great device that deserves to be in stores for customers to get there hands on. This is a positive in my mind.

Posted via CB10
    terminatorx likes this.
    01-08-15 10:34 AM
    I don't really care rounded or square shape! I just hope AT&T helps BlackBerry to promote it so they can sale more Passport and Classic. I'm BlackBerry stockholder bought since 12 to 13 dollar a share. I might sign up two years contracts with AT&T but the problem is I still in love with my Z30. I still have Z10 as backup, but if anyone give me good money for it, I will sale. I hope AT&T has program for trade in iPhone for Passport. I still have iPhone 4S sitting in the drawer.
    01-08-15 10:43 AM
    It seems the people who like the redesign are practical users who spend many hours on their phones. Those that dislike it seem to be more interested in a status symbol over a phone. Just an observation.
    thedose, howarmat and SMocek like this.
    01-08-15 11:57 AM
    It seems the people who like the redesign are practical users who spend many hours on their phones. Those that dislike it seem to be more interested in a status symbol over a phone. Just an observation.
    I like the original design / look better and it has nothing to with with me wanting a 'status symbol'..

Why do I like the square version better than the rounded? The square design makes it unique. Just about every phone on the planet has rounded edges and I'm pretty tired of the same ole', same ole' looking phones.

Congrats on insulting everyone who prefers the square version though....
    01-08-15 12:06 PM
    I like the original design / look better and it has nothing to with with me wanting a 'status symbol'..

Why do I like the square version better than the rounded? The square design makes it unique. Just about every phone on the planet has rounded edges and I'm pretty tired of the same ole', same ole' looking phones.

Congrats on insulting everyone who prefers the square version though....
    Not talking about those that prefer the square. Just the ones that dislike the redesign and call it cheap and etc.
    thedose and RoseBud68 like this.
    01-08-15 12:13 PM
    Love the round corners! Good thing I was hesitant on the original version and returned it. Too bad this is not something that is sold on ShopBB or Amazon. I have a feeling that future Passport version will have round corners. It just looks nicer as opposed to the square design.
    01-08-15 12:18 PM
    Not talking about those that prefer the square. Just the ones that dislike the redesign and call it cheap and etc.
    I would not say the rounded edges make it look cheap but it does soften the look a little. To me the square screams manly beast and some may not prefer that type of look. I think the rounded version softens the device up quite a bit.

I can see where some will prefer rounded and some would prefer square as it's all personal preference. I'm just tired of rounded edges I guess as just about every phone I've had for the past few years has them..

It's nice to have a choice and if you are on AT&T, you can choose the one that looks the best to you. I'm on AT&T and I'd still choose the unlocked version for the square look and a few other reasons.
    lylesilverman and chflower like this.
    01-08-15 12:21 PM
    I do agree the square looks a little better. I'm a scared of it though because I've dropped my phone on my face a few times already while lying down. I'm probably not the only one.
    01-08-15 12:48 PM
    Like the original. More distinctive. And better at delivering a death blow.

Posted via CB10
    I love the original one too, very distinctive design so different then millions of other phones out there. Why guys complaints about the square corners while no one made them buying it. Come on guys, enjoy what you have and if you want the new design, go and get yourself another phone, might be the..!

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 01:10 PM
    If it is true that the screen has been lifting and other issues on the square design then every carrier should be able to sell the new design.
    01-08-15 02:03 PM
    Shut the front door! Omg
    Thanks for that!!!
    01-08-15 02:47 PM
    Doesn't even look like a passport anymore

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 04:07 PM
    The first Passport is smarter, looks more elegant.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    01-08-15 04:24 PM
    2014 Canadian and U.S. Passports. Both have rounded corners.

[Poll] AT&T exclusive rounded Passport vs original Passport?-img_20150108_155943.jpg

Posted via CB10
    01-08-15 05:03 PM
    What a douchy response. Ppl need to grow up who cares it has rounded edges!

Posted via CB10
    chflower likes this.
    01-08-15 05:05 PM
    2014 Canadian and U.S. Passports. Both have rounded corners.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150108_155943.jpg 
Views:	447 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	326143

Posted via CB10
    I don't think I'd call them rounded corners.. Amazing what different people see..
    01-08-15 05:36 PM
    In what world is this not rounded?

[Poll] AT&T exclusive rounded Passport vs original Passport?-img_20150108_164946.jpg

Each passport has two rounded corners and two square corners.

Posted via CB10
    thedose, Witmen and chflower like this.
    01-08-15 05:50 PM

Name:	IMG_20150108_164946.jpg 
Views:	496 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	326149

Posted via CB10
    To me, it's clipped and NOT rounded.. To each their own I suppose..
    01-08-15 05:52 PM

Name:	IMG_20150108_164946.jpg 
Views:	496 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	326149

Posted via CB10
    In his world....
    01-08-15 05:55 PM
    To me, it's clipped and NOT rounded.. To each their own I suppose..
    Maybe a picture of an actual page will help:

[Poll] AT&T exclusive rounded Passport vs original Passport?-img_20150108_165531_edit.jpg

Posted via CB10
    thedose likes this.
    01-08-15 05:57 PM
    Maybe a picture of an actual page will help:

Name:	IMG_20150108_165531_edit.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	326151

Posted via CB10
    I get that you are trying, and rather desperately I must say, to convince yourself that the AT&T Passport resembles a real Passport more than the unlocked version does...

I don't get it, but rock on man..

My older US passport in not even close to being considered rounded.
    01-08-15 05:58 PM
283 ... 678910 ...