View Poll Results: Round Corner Passport or Tradional Style Passport

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • Round Cornered Passport

83 52.53%
  • Straight Edged Passport

75 47.47%

As for those who have purchased a PP already, we'll get over our feelings of betrayal and buy the new one
    Betrayal?? You are joking right?

I could see people being upset if the AT&T version had a snapdragon 810 or some other spec upgrade but seriously --> betrayed over rounded corners?
    thedose and bbvj like this.
    01-07-15 06:28 PM
    Betrayal?? You are joking right?

I could see people being upset if the AT&T version had a snapdragon 810 or some other spec upgrade but seriously --> betrayed over rounded corners?
    Not my opinion, just some previous posters.

Posted via CB10
    raqball likes this.
    01-07-15 06:37 PM
    Talk about die-hard fans!

People are taking the new design to heart!

Omnia>i3G>9630>9650>Droid Pro>9650>9930>i4S>i5>i5S>Passport
    01-07-15 06:41 PM
    luv my square passport....no intention of exchange it with the rounded one.....

Posted via CB10
    Iblamesummers likes this.
    01-07-15 06:43 PM
    I guess all the companies that make accessories for our phones will have to male two different sets

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 06:43 PM
    Not my opinion, just some previous posters.

Posted via CB10
    Ahh got ya!

I wonder if they realize that included with the rounded corners are numerous, numerous, numerous bloatware apps and an ugly AT&T logo on the back? I believe the bloat and logo are free but the rounded corners will set them back another $50..

To each their own I suppose but I fail to see how anyone can feel slighted, betrayed, or be upset with BlackBerry.

My .02
    neoberry99 likes this.
    01-07-15 06:45 PM
    Its a major improvement imo. It almost looks like a completely different device and I much prefer it over the sharp corners.

I would like to know if this has ever been done before though. I've never heard of a Carrier making design changes to a phone that was already released. I guess its happened but it sure does seem odd. Its almost like AT&T said "Nope, your first design doesn't cut it, here's what we want."
    thedose, howarmat and avt123 like this.
    01-07-15 06:54 PM
    Justs upsets people for BlackBerry to do this, it's hardly worth the design change for rounded corners. They could have wanted a year and released the passport 2 with better specs...

Still the original passport is for better looking!!

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 06:54 PM
    It doesn't really matter to me... the specs is the same. lol

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.1154
    bbvj likes this.
    01-07-15 06:55 PM
    Ahh got ya!

I wonder if they realize that included with the rounded corners are numerous, numerous, numerous bloatware apps and an ugly AT&T logo on the back? I believe the bloat and logo are free but the rounded corners will set them back another $50..

To each their own I suppose but I fail to see how anyone can feel slighted, betrayed, or be upset with BlackBerry.

My .02
    That is an excellent point and why I never buy a carrier phone from AT&T. The amount of garbage bloatware they put on their phones is criminal.
    raqball likes this.
    01-07-15 06:58 PM
    I want an entirely round phone so I can keep from getting rings on my desk from my cold beer... I see the "BB Coaster" on store shelves soon (maybe cricket will ask for it)...
    01-07-15 07:04 PM
    Looks like I will be renewing my contract with att, and selling the white PP on Craigslist.
    01-07-15 07:08 PM
    I just want to add that the ATT variant will also support PMA charging, so the design changes are not just about the rounded corners, here is their official certification:

http://www.powermatters.org/certific...339-blackberry

jmr1015 likes this.
    01-07-15 07:09 PM
    are they throwing down the ATT BB PP for peanuts ??
    01-07-15 07:14 PM
    I just want to add that the ATT variant will also support PMA charging, so the design changes are not just about the rounded corners, here is their official certification:

http://www.powermatters.org/ - BlackBerry

Shut the front door! Omg
    mister2d and Anthony Roberts5 like this.
    01-07-15 07:18 PM
    Granted I do not own a passport, but no one can convince me that the manufacturing costs have increased with rounded corners. It would cost far less money for this device to have rounded corners. This requires less machine time of the core & cavity of the mold, and less material used in the shot.

Does this mean that any savings will be transferred to the customer? No way to know.

Granted my boss has us locked into AT&T, I would be happy to have square corners or round corners.

I just want a BlackBerry.
    01-07-15 07:20 PM
    maybe att will have more device storage to accommodate the bloat ? Or, maybe they'll have a higher version of android & allow SD running of apps & google play ?? ...maybe att will bribe customers to re-up for 2 yrs & exchange their square PP for a rounded one ?? ATT has the customer base (read: the juice) to get google play on this ...google doesn't want to tick off att since they have a lot of android customers & fones... the BB customer set would be too small for google to thwart the behemoth ...methinques...
    01-07-15 07:22 PM
    i like the rounded design more for sure but this is stupid on BB part. You **** off some people that just bought the device and now you take on more manufacturing costs
    Completely disagree. Blackberry needs traction in the US and that means that they need a serious carrier partner. If this minor cosmetic changes means that AT&T has an exclusive device, then they will push the passport in their store fronts. No doubt the redesign was part of a broader deal that comes with both companies putting a bit of skin in the game. I think this is a very good sign of better carrier relations to come.
    raqball and bbvj like this.
    01-07-15 07:26 PM
    RIM BlackBerry Passport 4G TD-LTE SQW100-3 (RIM Windermere) Detailed Specs | Technical Datasheet | PDAdb.net

noodling around, I found this ...aren't some bands missing off the list? does it cripple some international use during travel? will the ATT fone be LOCKED to ATT requiring a runaround to get around it ??
    01-07-15 07:38 PM
    RIM BlackBerry Passport 4G TD-LTE SQW100-3 (RIM Windermere) Detailed Specs | Technical Datasheet | PDAdb.net

noodling around, I found this ...aren't some bands missing off the list? does it cripple some international use during travel? will the ATT fone be LOCKED to ATT requiring a runaround to get around it ??
    lol pdadb

Wait for something more concrete.
    thedose likes this.
    01-07-15 07:45 PM
    The att one is more one hand user friendly

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 07:50 PM
    The att one is more one hand user friendly

Posted via CB10
    Looks a little bigger although the rounded edges support your opinion.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 07:52 PM
    For me, it's not even about the rounded corners. That fugly AT&T logo on the back is enough of a dealbreaker to override any appeal the rounded corners might have.
    raqball and LoneStarRed like this.
    01-07-15 07:59 PM
    For me, it's not even about the rounded corners. That fugly AT&T logo on the back is enough of a dealbreaker to override any appeal the rounded corners might have.
    Yup.... Plus the AT&T bloat and the fact that you will be waiting, and waiting, and waiting for AT&T to release firmware updates..

The logo
    The bloat
    The long wait for updates

All equal a big ole' pass on anything AT&T sells. I only buy unlocked versions these days and use them on AT&T..
    01-07-15 08:01 PM
    Irrelevant question. Not enough difference to make a difference.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 08:03 PM
283 ... 34567 ...