View Poll Results: Round Corner Passport or Tradional Style Passport

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • Round Cornered Passport

83 52.53%
  • Straight Edged Passport

75 47.47%
    AT&T is getting an exclusive design on the Passport with rounded corners. Why the change? BlackBerry CEO John Chen explained during the CES press conference that "AT&T wanted rounded corners. Some of us are more square. No other reason than that."
    Eh?

Omnia>i3G>9630>9650>Droid Pro>9650>9930>i4S>i5>i5S>Passport
    01-07-15 02:14 PM
    LOL @ you guys bickering about the name.

Fyi, a real passport has two rounded corners and two sharp ones. So technically this thing has as much right to the name as the original model.

gfondeur and Iblamesummers like this.
    01-07-15 02:15 PM
    Rounded

Posted via CB10
    Anthony Roberts5 likes this.
    01-07-15 02:18 PM
    F*ck Blackberry. I feel ripped. Round is da sh*t
    01-07-15 02:18 PM
    I kinda like the rounded corners myself, might have to pick up an AT&T version and unlock it.

Sent from my lovely Classic on T Mobile USA
    01-07-15 02:22 PM
    Sorry, but weak and pathetic move on BBs part. Stick to your guns. You�re gonna bend over backwards to redesign your devices based on the whims of each carrier? Very, very weak.

Sadly, Apple is the only company that has taken ANY control away from carriers, and then stuck to their guns. 8 years after the iPhone, instead of following that trend, everyone else is still happy to give even more control, including pre-installed garbage and even redesigned versions of their devices.
    Yah but Blackberry isnt really in a position to stick to their guns all the way.....they need carrier support big time especially in the US.
    gfondeur likes this.
    01-07-15 02:23 PM
    I think the rounded corners make it look like an iToy! Maybe it runs ios also!

Swiped on my Passport!
    01-07-15 02:25 PM
    I kinda like the rounded corners myself, might have to pick up an AT&T version and unlock it.

Sent from my lovely Classic on T Mobile USA
    I personally did not want the passport because I am a gamer and the 1:1 ratio doesn't for me (Current Z30 user) But man I really feel like buying the round passport.......
    01-07-15 02:26 PM
    makes it look smaller to me
    01-07-15 02:28 PM
    I like the original design and rocking one!!

Via BlackBerry Passport 10.3.1.1154 on Blazin fast T-Mobile LTE.
    01-07-15 02:29 PM
    Round. The extra row at the bottom is for the AT&T logo. Lol.
    01-07-15 02:33 PM
    I prefer my ninja star edged Passport!

More dangerous lol

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 02:39 PM
    The original is a little cooler, but I'd prefer the curved off ATT version. It would slip in and out of pockets much more easily.

Kind of wish I waited, as I'm on ATT currently. But seeing as how wireless standards are converging, I figure I'll do best to wait for the Passport 2, hopefully with USB 3.1 built-in.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 02:41 PM
    Wow... overall a pretty even split. Personally, I prefer the traditional one since that is the original idea. I can see why the round corners can be appealing. As long as more Passports are sold, I am happy. Now how would case vendors differentiate between the two? (Passport & Passport Rounded?)
    j21jam6 and bbvj like this.
    01-07-15 02:41 PM
    The original is a little cooler, but I'd prefer the curved off ATT version. It would slip in and out of pockets much more easily.

Kind of wish I waited, as I'm on ATT currently. But seeing as how wireless standards are converging, I figure I'll do best to wait for the Passport 2, hopefully with USB 3.1 built-in.

Posted via CB10
    I believe that our Passport is already equiped with USB 3---No???
    01-07-15 03:01 PM
    Hmmm. My first thought was "Yuck" - then I remembered my reaction to the initial look at the Passport! LOL. I hated the original until I saw John Chen holding one - then I found that the size and shape were good for me.

So I'll reserve judgement for a while. I think the original shape has more pizzazz though.

Posted from my BlackBerry Passport
    j21jam6 and Iblamesummers like this.
    01-07-15 03:07 PM
    Not gonna lie, I'm pretty pissed.

Posted via CB10
    Apollo_IV and SnapzGEG like this.
    01-07-15 03:07 PM
    I like the rounded-edge one (maybe just 'cause it's different?)

Who says bad things happen when you cut corners? :P
    thedose and SnapzGEG like this.
    01-07-15 03:18 PM
    "Square" to be Bold !!
    01-07-15 03:20 PM
    Like the original one, nice to have something different

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 03:29 PM
    I am more astonished by the fact that BlackBerry will manufacturer a whole new device (essentially a new device) for a carrier. This is rather unprecedented. I wonder how many units AT&T promised to buy from BlackBerry.

Posted with my super duper BlackBerry Passport.
    1. AT&T holds the cards this time, blackberry needs a US carrier for this device BADLY. I'm not surprised blackberry did it.
    2. I bet the shell is the only change, all the internals are probably identical. Molding the shell is obviously an increased cost, but assembly costs probably aren't much more than adding the red and white colors. But then there is the $650 retail, most likely the consumer is eating the cost of the rounded shell, not blackberry, and probably not even AT&T.
    3. Blackberry will need to make a whole new passport for verizon if they ever want it...now that's a whole new device.
    gfondeur and Iblamesummers like this.
    01-07-15 03:35 PM
    I will attend another event in hope to see Chen, dress up in a suit and photoshop a fake "Verizon-CEO"-badge, and ask him if he'll make a passport in my style which I just drawed on a tissue. I want a pink, round edge passport. Guess he can't say no right? It's business.
    01-07-15 03:35 PM
    This is really unbelievable!

So when JC stood in front of the world on 24 Sep 2014, almost 4 months ago, and spouted the Passport he held in his hands would be available in US by end of year... was he intentionally lying?

Can't believe he gets away with this stuff!

Posted via CB10
    On September 25, my black Passport arrived on my doorstep, and I live in California.

So no, John Chen was not lying.

at&t is its own company, blame at&t for dragging their feet after announcing that they'd carry the device.
    hec666 and bbvj like this.
    01-07-15 03:37 PM
    Wow... overall a pretty even split. Personally, I prefer the traditional one since that is the original idea. I can see why the round corners can be appealing. As long as more Passports are sold, I am happy. Now how would case vendors differentiate between the two? (Passport & Passport Rounded?)
    I'm surprised too. For all my disgust, I showed it to my wife (who has the original Passport), and she said it looked nice.

Hopefully someone buys this thing or we can be sure it'll be the last time AT&T ever bets on BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Original for me. I perceive no benefit from the rounded corners,and I like the more distinctive look of the sharp corners.

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 likes this.
283 12345 ...