View Poll Results: Round Corner Passport or Tradional Style Passport

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • Round Cornered Passport

83 52.53%
  • Straight Edged Passport

75 47.47%
    I've never seen a passport with rounded corners.... As a matter of fact I just pulled mine out of the desk and nope, it's not rounded..
    The UK passport has some. Bit of a crappy photo, but you can see in this picture:

[Poll] AT&T exclusive rounded Passport vs original Passport?-british-passport-672949.jpg
    01-07-15 01:29 PM
    BB seems to bend over backwards for everyone & everything except for the customer...

Looks as though BB is bending over backwards for AT&T,Ouch!!! haha
    01-07-15 01:30 PM
    I would venture a guess the rounded corner device will "feel" smaller ...I have the regular one & find no problem with the format I have... such cases as my StilGut having no "glue" will not likely work for the rounded version...
    01-07-15 01:32 PM
    BB seems to bend over backwards for everyone & everything except for the customer...
    So in an event, some ATT CEO is telling Chen "hey, if you put round corners, this can be a hit!" ??? Wow, so this goes to the CEO of Sprint, Verizon (waaaahhhaaaaa), T-Mobile, WalMart, etc: Just meet Chen tell them how your passport should look like. You want it in pink? A triangle Passport? Maybe a passport with a 4th row, because it is so much "consumer friendly"? Just tell it to Chen!! Obeying carriers is the next big thing.

Don't get me wrong. Being flexible is important. But it is NOT a passport anymore! You think it's just round corners? No, it is a brandnew design and device. Anybody who is in design, knows what it means.

I wonder how the designers of the passport think about this. I guess this video just lost its credibilty as of now:
    01-07-15 01:37 PM
    I don't own one but if I had to choose I would go with the rounded corners version simply on aesthetics. The squared corners thou rugged in appeal I think that AT&T probably wanted to ensure a more broader market appeal and felt rounded would do just that.
    Sad thou that both versions were not part of the intro because I suspect a few peeps and female users may find it more appealing- as simply test (no scientific) conducted just now with 5 women around me showed all the women choosing the rounded version as preferred and then I looked at every device around me and realized they all were just that.. rounded - except 1 of my Dell displays.
    [Poll] AT&T exclusive rounded Passport vs original Passport?-blackberry-passport-att-fullbleed.jpg
    01-07-15 01:40 PM
    So in an event, some ATT CEO is telling Chen "hey, if you put round corners, this can be a hit!" ??? Wow, so this goes to the CEO of Sprint, Verizon (waaaahhhaaaaa), T-Mobile, WalMart, etc: Just meet Chen tell them how your passport should look like. You want it in pink? A triangle Passport? Maybe a passport with a 4th row, because it is so much "consumer friendly"? Just tell it to Chen!! Obeying carriers is the next big thing.

Don't get me wrong. Being flexible is important. But it is NOT a passport anymore! You think it's just round corners? No, it is a brandnew design and device. Anybody who is in design, knows what it means.

I wonder how the designers of the passport think about this. I guess this video just lost its credibilty as of now:
    Maybe AT&T's CEO was using an OG released Passport and got tired of the square shape, so decided that they would redesign it to be more comfortable by rounding the corners and adding the chin so as to not feel so cramped when typing. Chen agreed as long as AT&T contracted to buy X amount of em... just sayin...

Omnia>i3G>9630>9650>Droid Pro>9650>9930>i4S>i5>i5S>Passport
    JMDBERRY and gfondeur like this.
    01-07-15 01:42 PM
    Maybe AT&T's CEO was using an OG released Passport and got tired of the square shape, so decided that they would redesign it to be more comfortable by rounding the corners and adding the chin so as to not feel so cramped when typing. Chen agreed as long as AT&T contracted to buy X amount of em... just sayin...

Sorry, but weak and pathetic move on BBs part. Stick to your guns. You’re gonna bend over backwards to redesign your devices based on the whims of each carrier? Very, very weak.

Sadly, Apple is the only company that has taken ANY control away from carriers, and then stuck to their guns. 8 years after the iPhone, instead of following that trend, everyone else is still happy to give even more control, including pre-installed garbage and even redesigned versions of their devices.
    01-07-15 01:45 PM
    Sorry, but weak and pathetic move on BBs part. Stick to your guns. You�re gonna bend over backwards to redesign your devices based on the whims of each carrier? Very, very weak.

Sadly, Apple is the only company that has taken ANY control away from carriers, and then stuck to their guns. 8 years after the iPhone, instead of following that trend, everyone else is still happy to give even more control, including pre-installed garbage and even redesigned versions of their devices.
    I agree 100%

Pretty shocked that Chen did this, but I actually really like the rounded Passport, and I am on ATT so I'm not complaining.

01-07-15 01:46 PM
    I'm convinced the only reason they asked for a round corner Passport is so that it would look like Samsung Galaxy Alpha or the latest Note.

How else would they be able to sell a BlackBerry to Americans other than by tricking people into thinking it's a "modern" Samsung.

I'm surprised it still has any BlackBerry branding on it.

BTW. I absolutely hate how it looks. Destroys the entire design story they touted all around the place when they launched the Passport. The I beam,.. even the name no longer makes sense.

Idiotic.

Posted via CB10
    Al1n likes this.
    01-07-15 01:52 PM
    You can't win for losing. People complain that BlackBerry is losing carriers in the USA because they are not engaged enough. But shame on BlackBerry for working with possibly the largest US carrier to get their flagship device to market.

Posted via CB10
    SnapzGEG, j21jam6, 1raygin and 6 others like this.
    01-07-15 01:53 PM
    Both of them look good; however, the square corner looks more masculine to me.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    NaijaBerry and Al1n like this.
    01-07-15 01:56 PM
    You can't win for losing. People complain that BlackBerry is losing carriers in the USA because they are not engaged enough. But shame on BlackBerry for working with possibly the largest US carrier to get their flagship device to market.

Posted via CB10
    This isn't their flagship device. Call it the BlackBerry stub or the BlackBerry joke maybe.

Posted via CB10
    I agree 100%

Pretty shocked that Chen did this, but I actually really like the rounded Passport, and I am on ATT so I'm not complaining.

Of course that perfectly for you and if this your carrier: Jackpot!

I am just thinking about who will be next and comes up with some pathetic ideas. Big players are bullying the little ones.

Credibility is important. See my posted video above where the designers are explaining the design process? What will you tell now with rounded corners? Imagine this video:

00:01: John Chen in a suit in front of a window.

00:02: Some soft music in the background which everyone uses in commercials these days.

00:03: "The design idea of the passport just evolved. The ATT CEO just came to me with this brilliant idea. Why not a passport with rounded corners. He said, if we design that, they will sell it as a carrier. Then, he gave me sick smile. I just gotta: Okay, no problem."

That's it! LOLOLOLOLO
    The original looks more sharp and classy. And looks more like a "Passport"

Posted via CB10
    bodjor and Al1n like this.
    01-07-15 01:59 PM
    Posted via CB10
    Sentiment shared!
    It's basic marketing 101 - deliver what the client needs to make you a success.
    j21jam6, 1raygin, gfondeur and 2 others like this.
    01-07-15 02:01 PM
    "We just love cheese. In the design process we ate a lot of cheese. So we came up with a great idea from ATT CEO and just made a passport like our cheese. With rounded corners. BOOM!"

zyxxiforr likes this.
    01-07-15 02:01 PM
    I like the square corners, it reminds me of some art deco piece.

The square edges stand out. By rounding down the edges, it's like BlackBerry took their movie and took it from a Rated-R to Rated PG-13 to be suitable for more people.

I prefer the Rated-R.
    01-07-15 02:03 PM
    I'm sorry but the "square" design looks like a passport. This "rounded" thing looks subsidized. Cheapened.

Not Fours Years But A Lifetime
    NaijaBerry likes this.
    01-07-15 02:03 PM
    The original looks more sharp and classy. And looks more like a "Passport"
    Posted via CB10
    Many 'Passports' are rounded corners.
    We just finished welcoming 39 countries to an event in October (Montreal, Canada) and many passports had at least 2 rounded corners.
    thedose likes this.
    01-07-15 02:04 PM
    Of course that perfectly for you and if this your carrier: Jackpot!

I am just thinking about who will be next and comes up with some pathetic ideas. Big players are bullying the little ones.

Credibility is important. See my posted video above where the designers are explaining the design process? What will you tell now with rounded corners? Imagine this video:

00:01: John Chen in a suit in front of a window.

00:02: Some soft music in the background which everyone uses in commercials these days.

00:03: "The design idea of the passport just evolved. The ATT CEO just came to me with this brilliant idea. Why not a passport with rounded corners. He said, if we design that, they will sell it as a carrier. Then, he gave me sick smile. I just gotta: Okay, no problem."

That's it! LOLOLOLOLO
    Yeah, I really enjoyed the Passport design story video when it was coming out, it made the designers and the new company itself feel really genuine, and seeing this just makes me laugh, but again, I'm on ATT and I dig the rounded design so :shrug:

01-07-15 02:05 PM
    This is really unbelievable!

So when JC stood in front of the world on 24 Sep 2014, almost 4 months ago, and spouted the Passport he held in his hands would be available in US by end of year... was he intentionally lying?

Can't believe he gets away with this stuff!

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 02:06 PM
    Only if the screen lift issue has been corrected by the manufacturer.

Posted via CB10
    Bbnivende likes this.
    01-07-15 02:09 PM
    Original look, all the way, Baby.
    NaijaBerry likes this.
    01-07-15 02:11 PM
    I like the original one. Why try to make it look like iPhones and all others?

Posted via CB10
    mister2d likes this.
    01-07-15 02:12 PM
    Will there be a video from the creators of the "rounded " vanilla version? I dying to see what was their collaborative inspiration lol. It just looks like every other phone on the market. But again business is business...maybe ATT funded the manufacturing cost plus paid for X amount of units. Win for BlackBerry in North America...a win for the consumer who has a option to choose.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 02:13 PM
283 1234 ...