• SOLD - Shut up and take my money

60 29.27%
  • Need to see / hold one first

109 53.17%
  • Prefer all touch devices not interested

16 7.80%
  • Ugly not interested

20 9.76%
    I need to see or touch one first and even then it will be a hard sell since I am in the USA and my carriers suck.

Still waiting for the touchscreen. that is something I would love to buy.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-14-14 06:40 AM
    I wont wait to hold, I didnt with my Q10 and dont want to wait till stores get one in. I have also heard that the stores rarely put an actual working BB phone for people to try.

I prefer to receive by mail and not deal with store people

Q10, running 10.2.1.2141
    100%! I used to haggle with sales people, re-upping my contract and using mine or my wife's device upgrade to get a "deal" on a new phone. That all stopped with the Z10 and every other BB10 phone that I've purchased in the last year (and I have them all).

Now it's all buy direct, off-contract. No sales people trying to tell me that BlackBerry is a dying company! Plus I get the experience the awesome anticipation of getting stuff delivered right to your door!

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt and spike12 like this.
    07-14-14 06:50 AM
    I would actually agree with the original poster...my first thoughts when I saw the original leak back in the day was of sheer disappointment. then, when I saw it in chen's hand...it looked sleek and unique, but not ugly...I want it so bad!! I hope I can use it to actually do work on and not have to carry around my laptop anymore...

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 06:51 AM
    I need to see or touch one first and even then it will be a hard sell since I am in the USA and my carriers suck.

Still waiting for the touchscreen. that is something I would love to buy.
    When the next big touchscreen (Z50?) comes out, I might want it, but I've definitely decided to go for it with the Passport, I don't think there's any way I won't love it. I've had most of the all touchscreen BB's since my first BlackBerry (Storm, 9650, 9850, Z10, Z30).
    When the next touchscreen comes out, Idk if I'll want to part with my Passport.
    If you are in Socal, you can try out mine when the time comes.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 07:12 AM
    Yep, shut up and take my money already!! "just one look, that's all it took".
    07-14-14 08:31 AM
    I'm not entirely sold either for the same reason I want to use it to see how it fits for what I might do. If this does work the way I want I will look at getting it otherwise might get classic or wait for next device.

Posted via CB10 on my blazing fast Z30
    07-14-14 08:36 AM
    Yep I want to hold it and feel it and give it a test run before I part with my hard earned pennies.

Posted via CB10
    After those first couple comments.. I read this wrong... You said pennies... not ***** (x_x' )
    07-14-14 10:35 AM
    Haha I did with my wife, we both took each other for a test drive. All was well and in working order lol.

Posted via CB10
    DocDRM likes this.
    07-14-14 11:24 AM
    I need to pay off my Z10 first. So, I am thinking I will get the Passport in early 2015, after Christmas. Sort of like my Christmas present for me.
    07-14-14 02:16 PM
    When the next big touchscreen (Z50?) comes out, I might want it, but I've definitely decided to go for it with the Passport, I don't think there's any way I won't love it. I've had most of the all touchscreen BB's since my first BlackBerry (Storm, 9650, 9850, Z10, Z30).
    When the next touchscreen comes out, Idk if I'll want to part with my Passport.
    If you are in Socal, you can try out mine when the time comes.

Posted via CB10
    You're in SoCal? How did I not know that?
    07-14-14 02:17 PM
    You're in SoCal? How did I not know that?
    Lol...I don't post to frequently. I'm in San Diego.
    Annnnnd...I was about to ask if you were in Socal too. Yeah, I'm not to quick on the uptake.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 02:33 PM
    Lol...I don't post to frequently. I'm in San Diego.
    Annnnnd...I was about to ask if you were in Socal too. Yeah, I'm not to quick on the uptake.

Posted via CB10
    LOL... well, since I have to wait for the new year, I hope by that time, the white Passport will be available.
    07-14-14 03:11 PM
    LOL... well, since I have to wait for the new year, I hope by that time, the white Passport will be available.
    The white one will be sexy I think, I would like to hold one of those though, to see how it looks / feels compared to the regular one.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 03:16 PM
    I too have started liking the looks of the Passport and would like to hold one. I'm probably outa luck but I'm hoping that Sprint will offer it if I'm <sold>.
    07-14-14 03:25 PM
    I was sold on this device from the very first leaked picture. But lately, i feel that the apps I need are not properly usable. Therefore, im unsure whether i will buy the passport or iphone 6. To me bb10 is the best OS out there, but the lack of fully functioning apps is killing it.

Black cards, Black cars - All BlackBerry-thing!
    What apps are you concerned about?

If you're worried about the scaling issue that the Q10 has, where only part of an Android app is visible and some controls become inaccessible, that's not happening on the Passport. The screen will show the entire app with black bars on the side.
    07-14-14 03:56 PM
    Agree too.
    Was quite unliking first leaks and prictures. Now I'm getting more and more curious since latest videos.
    (Maybe the fact I swithced from Z10 to Q10 is also a factor).
    Now, I'd rally like to see and touch one for real to convince myself...
    07-14-14 04:06 PM
    What apps are you concerned about?

If you're worried about the scaling issue that the Q10 has, where only part of an Android app is visible and some controls become inaccessible, that's not happening on the Passport. The screen will show the entire app with black bars on the side.
    Im very much into social media and etc. All my friends are very new "trend" app users. E.g. The new snapchat functions which doesn?t work on BB10 and especially on my Q10 (I cant even count how many times I have not read messages on snapchat, which I really should have!). While the scaling issue might go away with the passport, the 100% functioning apps that i use wont be there.

Im kinda torn between the iphone and passport. On one hand I love the battery life on my Q (and passport will probably be even better), but on the other hand, I want to be able to use all the communication apps my friends uses. Let it be snapchat, instagram or whatever new fad there is out there.

Some third party developer might do something about it and create a fully functioning third party app, but from my experience, that takes way too long to be fully functioning and sometimes takes months.

One another thing that is making me unsure about the Passport is that it is the same manufacturer as the Q10 (Vistron/Vinstron or whatever their name is). Im too afraid that I will have some form of double typing issue on the Passport too.

Im still not sure what to do. On one hand, it doesn't make any sense to have a phone with all the apps available if you dont have battery, but on the other hand, I dont think I can use a phone without all the apps I need to talk to my friends. Which is sad, as BB10 is the best OS I have ever used.

07-15-14 01:13 AM
    Worth remembering that the Android runtime is also getting updated for 10.3 on the Passport. The apps you want may very well work fine.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    07-15-14 02:30 AM
    Worth remembering that the Android runtime is also getting updated for 10.3 on the Passport. The apps you want may very well work fine.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    Yes I do know that. And thats the only reason i still havent fully decided that i will buy the iphone 6 when it comes out.

07-15-14 06:45 AM
    Im very much into social media and etc. All my friends are very new "trend" app users. E.g. The new snapchat functions which doesn?t work on BB10 and especially on my Q10 (I cant even count how many times I have not read messages on snapchat, which I really should have!). While the scaling issue might go away with the passport, the 100% functioning apps that i use wont be there.

Im kinda torn between the iphone and passport. On one hand I love the battery life on my Q (and passport will probably be even better), but on the other hand, I want to be able to use all the communication apps my friends uses. Let it be snapchat, instagram or whatever new fad there is out there.

Some third party developer might do something about it and create a fully functioning third party app, but from my experience, that takes way too long to be fully functioning and sometimes takes months.

One another thing that is making me unsure about the Passport is that it is the same manufacturer as the Q10 (Vistron/Vinstron or whatever their name is). Im too afraid that I will have some form of double typing issue on the Passport too.

Im still not sure what to do. On one hand, it doesn't make any sense to have a phone with all the apps available if you dont have battery, but on the other hand, I dont think I can use a phone without all the apps I need to talk to my friends. Which is sad, as BB10 is the best OS I have ever used.

The social apps are fully functional. Instagram and all
    07-15-14 11:25 AM
    The social apps are fully functional. Instagram and all
    I am waiting to see how the notifications are dealt with, e.g. will we get notifications with the app not running as an active frame? will the snapchat video-to-video functionality work? Can you record video snaps? How does the android apps scale?

I dont want black bars on the sides or on the top/bottom. I really want the passport, but im kinda not willing to sacrifice app functionality to get it.

I will wait and see how 10.3 is first, and then ill make my decision.

07-15-14 12:31 PM
    I'm getting one simply because it's so unusual. I'm very happy with my Nokia Lumia WindowsPhone, but once in a while miss my BlackBerry. This "Odd" Berry is just the ticket for me, simply because it's so different.

I'm sold.
    ilikebacon likes this.
    07-15-14 05:53 PM
    I will have the i6, but I have 100% faith in this phone and it will be a BEAST. I can't wait to see how it plays out in the U.S.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-17-14 12:33 AM
    Just waiting for my contact renewal

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 12:32 PM
    The buck stops for me at the price. I can get uses to the size and a physical keyboard again, but if the pricing is too high, I'll stick with my Z30 till another high end touch phone comes out.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    07-17-14 03:23 PM
51 123